d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Melee Pvp Question > Druid Or Barb
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 14 2018 07:44am
Im stuck. Currently have a BVC ww Barb. I use to have a really good melee barb, but ive been debating on another Melee toon for PvP. Mainly melee vs melee.
where im stuck is do i roll another Barb or Fury Druid.
I have never played a melee/Fury Druid and it looks and sounds like they are alot of fun.
I need help on deciding which one is best and fun at the same time.

If someone has either of these could i possibly see in game gear and stats, and why you chose that specific build?
Also most of the builds i see are outdated, is there a website that people can goto for specific builds that are updated?

its been almost 4 or 5 years since i had my Melee barb so im looking for Opinions. Thanks
Gold: 8.73
Aug 14 2018 07:47am
No items besides tokens have been added in the last 10 years

The only change to the melee metagame is that imbue bots/reroll bots/exploit reroll bots/"importers" made gear cheaper.

The builds themselves haven't changed because melee is still mindless click and hold for people who don't know how to duel. The guides are fine and you should be able to figure it out yourself in just a couple minutes without them anyway.

Barb is better than druid usually

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Aug 14 2018 07:47am
Aug 14 2018 07:48am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Aug 14 2018 08:47am)
No items besides tokens have been added in the last 10 years

The only change to the melee metagame is that imbue bots/reroll bots/exploit reroll bots/"importers" made gear cheaper.

The builds themselves haven't changed because melee is still mindless click and hold for people who don't know how to duel.

The question really is i guess is which one is Better in the aspect of melee pvp or more fun? The price of the gear doesn't matter, i just want a good melee pvp toon again.
Aug 14 2018 07:50am
Quote (Qu1mby @ Aug 14 2018 08:48am)
The question really is i guess is which one is Better in the aspect of melee pvp or more fun? The price of the gear doesn't matter, i just want a good melee pvp toon again.

We can't tell you what you will find fun. That's your brain, not ours.

Personally I don't find either of them fun because if I'm doing PvP I want to win because I'm a better player, not because I spent thousands of dollars on my character.
Aug 14 2018 07:52am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Aug 14 2018 08:50am)
We can't tell you what you will find fun. That's your brain, not ours.

Personally I don't find either of them fun because if I'm doing PvP I want to win because I'm a better player, not because I spent thousands of dollars on my character.

Agreed, Thank you.
Aug 14 2018 07:53am
Quote (Qu1mby @ Aug 14 2018 08:52am)
Agreed, Thank you.

If you agree with it then melee isn't for you
Gold: 0.32
Aug 14 2018 08:21am
Make Fury / Rabies and say " cry ? " to every melee nigger.

e: It's also fun pub dueler, don't except a lot wins, but when you win damn it feels good ! Just hope your Rabies land firs and walk / run away, fury sometimes also and remember have switch with DW + RBF'd shield and so on.

This post was edited by TR0LLFACE on Aug 14 2018 08:24am
Gold: 1,110.00
Aug 14 2018 08:41am
If you put an effort into it and either make one of theese 2 builds you got urself a fun pub dueller, can even do a little in tvt as well xD
Fury/Rabies wolf with ENOUGHT gliched frw, if u really wanna invents you can build up to between 99 and the fcr break before that for even more fun.
Tele shockwave + fireclaw is also very fun, and can kill quite a lot! I have even wonned a lot of smiters and hammerdongs with that one, but if they use abs certain classes are more or less undefeateble, and most palas have SOP + Waterwalks which makes ur duel really hard xD

When it comes to barb, the wirlwind skill is fucked as of recent by blizzard.
Aug 14 2018 10:57am
Quote (gel87 @ Aug 14 2018 09:41am)
If you put an effort into it and either make one of theese 2 builds you got urself a fun pub dueller, can even do a little in tvt as well xD
Fury/Rabies wolf with ENOUGHT gliched frw, if u really wanna invents you can build up to between 99 and the fcr break before that for even more fun.
Tele shockwave + fireclaw is also very fun, and can kill quite a lot! I have even wonned a lot of smiters and hammerdongs with that one, but if they use abs certain classes are more or less undefeateble, and most palas have SOP + Waterwalks which makes ur duel really hard xD

When it comes to barb, the wirlwind skill is fucked as of recent by blizzard.

i wouldnt use ww as melee. i want pure melee like conc barb/fury druid Im a GM player unless someone BM's me.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll