d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Just A Fun Idea.
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 356.93
Aug 14 2018 04:57pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Aug 15 2018 09:50am)
I'm not exactly sure how Paul's MD currently affects item quality and item stat quality tbh. I know it can increase them, but in order to figure out whether your trapdoor bonuses would be fair, or imba, I'd kind of have to know that. But in the end, I would say, something like "Item stat quality on super evil presence loot increased by up to 10% per trapdoor" could be interesting without creating a major advantage for people willing to waste half a day finding a 6 glancing blow, 5 parry lvl 30 charm down 7 trapdoors.

Before Paul made all these updates, I was a major proponent of Paul increasing something about the strength of monsters in trapdoors to provide slightly better chances at loot by increasing the difficulty by a lot (I believe Paul proposed monster stats AND lvl per trapdoor as a compromise between the overpowered monster difficulty bonus, and the pure-level increase that was in many cases detrimental to loot and prof). He couldn't move forward with that change though since there was too much pushback thinking that even increasing monster stats would give an unfair advantage to those with the best gear. For your suggestion to work, I think you need to make sure it's clear that it would not produce a huge advantage in potential for loot for those with the best gear. In the end I think this should be scaled to something that produces (on average) worse loot per time than normal exploring, but with maybe a small puncher's chance at rolling something even better than normal with very good luck, if the super boss can be defeated :)

I like this, but in the end EVERYTHING in this game favors the people with the best gear, that is why they spend half a million fg on it.
Imagine if d2 was built so that there was no benefit in having an enigma and shako :D
Aug 15 2018 03:07am
New idea:
For boss to spawn you must be down at least one trapdoor and complete the full maze, it is equal in power to a well item of whatever level your maze is at and each trapdoor adds 10-20% quality to the final chest items.
Gold: 24.80
Aug 15 2018 09:49am
The idea is not good, there is not room for another Boss fight in this game. most guys havent even attemtp´d the original End game boss/content
why would he then create something new ? just sit back, relax, slash and waite for new rewrite to be done, and hopefully that grant paul some space to work on other stuff, like events,

You should take the 1 against 23 votes as a hint to just step away from this thread lulzz

This post was edited by Def_Not_Tim on Aug 15 2018 09:53am
Gold: 80,812.11
Aug 15 2018 10:02am
Quote (Def_Not_Tim @ Aug 15 2018 11:49am)
The idea is not good, there is not room for another Boss fight in this game. most guys havent even attemtp´d the original End game boss/content
why would he then create something new ? just sit back, relax, slash and waite for new rewrite to be done, and hopefully that grant paul some space to work on other stuff, like events,

You should take the 1 against 23 votes as a hint to just step away from this thread lulzz

Something that could be solo’d would be cool. I have the gear to do MM, and have tried it once, but doubt I’ll every be able to get into another group.
Gold: 0.19
Aug 15 2018 10:26am
Quote (hasteful @ Aug 15 2018 12:02pm)
Something that could be solo’d would be cool. I have the gear to do MM, and have tried it once, but doubt I’ll every be able to get into another group.

I’d take u
Aug 15 2018 04:47pm
Quote (Def_Not_Tim @ Aug 16 2018 02:49am)

He would create something new because he feels like adding something new, i just throw out ideas, paul can decide if there is any value in them.
I nulled my vote so at least one person liked it :)
Gold: 9,030.99
Aug 16 2018 05:57am
yes, if the 100ee + item not sellable. (account bound or something)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll