d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Just A Fun Idea.
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 437.64
Aug 14 2018 08:11am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 14 Aug 2018 13:49)
guaranteed 50-100 ee item drop.

Stopped reading here and voted no

Gold: 248,047.40
Aug 14 2018 08:51am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 14 Aug 2018 06:29)
Have you fought shamans at lvl 71?
Down a few trapdoors this would be like fighting 3 screens of them in one monster :D

Yes several times... it can be tough high level but still not about the guaranteed drops.

This would allow the elite players to farm for MASSIVE rewards while the low players would ultimately be unchanged as they would be unable to go deep enough into the TDs to really benefit from the change.

If you want good drops run a few solo explore climbs :D When I solo I start exploring around lvl 35-45 and have found at least one decent item per solo climb since the new update went live.

Gold: 52,474.77
Warn: 30%
Aug 14 2018 11:18am
I think drops are fine how they are. There is no need for something that guarantees drops. That would ruin the game and make people only do that.

Exploring all day just for items and not caring about the "ladder" in ladder slasher is not something that SHOULD be rewarded.

Giant monsters similar to well monsters would be cool if there were more quests or exploring mechanisms involved with them. It would be really cool to have more single target boss type monsters.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Aug 14 2018 11:19am
Gold: 575.25
Aug 14 2018 11:22am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Aug 14 2018 07:49am)
What if we added maze bosses on the final square of 71+ mazes.
These could be stronger than the seven shamans and have a guaranteed 50-100 ee item drop.
Then on top we could make each trapdoor boost the stats on the drops 20%.
So you can get a pretty good chance of a guaranteed 100+ ee item, all you have to do is grind out 5 trapdoors, beat the entire maze and kill a boss capable of one shotting chuck norris.

i like the idea of a boss, but voted no cause the rest.
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Aug 14 2018 01:55pm
Im also down for some kind of Boss or something, but I would rather see something more unique that can only be dropped from those, and not items with EE
I'd rather see something completly new that only has a small %chance of actually dropping (an item that gives item slots = for fish/comfreys etc) or something different that doesnt exist today

But in that case maps shouldnt drop, or it should be kept to some kind of objective or something.
Gold: 8,691.68
Aug 14 2018 02:09pm
No... plain & simple.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 14 2018 02:10pm
Gold: 1.93
Aug 14 2018 04:09pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Aug 15 2018 06:55am)
Im also down for some kind of Boss or something, but I would rather see something more unique that can only be dropped from those, and not items with EE
I'd rather see something completly new that only has a small %chance of actually dropping (an item that gives item slots = for fish/comfreys etc) or something different that doesnt exist today

But in that case maps shouldnt drop, or it should be kept to some kind of objective or something.

I like this idea better than mine.

Quote (Cheeya @ Aug 15 2018 01:51am)
Yes several times... it can be tough high level but still not about the guaranteed drops.

This would allow the elite players to farm for MASSIVE rewards while the low players would ultimately be unchanged as they would be unable to go deep enough into the TDs to really benefit from the change.

If you want good drops run a few solo explore climbs :D When I solo I start exploring around lvl 35-45 and have found at least one decent item per solo climb since the new update went live.

If you think going 5 trapdoors down at 71 and fighting a boss stronger than 7 shamans after clearing a full maze is going to be easy for any group in this game you would be pretty surprised at how close to impossible it is, and the item that drops could be anything, a t8 robe, a t7 fire charm, you name it.
Lets say you got a perfect 100 ee base roll (the roll would be weighted towards the bottom like all ee rolls in this game), each trapdoor is going to be an extra 20 ee, so if you managed to even find 5 trapdoors and then spend hours clearing a monster sized maze you get a guaranteed 200 ee item sure (It can still be a junk base), but you have to beat the boss first and that boss is going to be about as strong as throwing a 55 item in the well at level 1.
So its probably an entire days worth of work and then the entire party can still rip.

This is just a base idea though it can be modified however it needs to be balanced.
I do think having a way to grind towards better items should be included somewhere in the game so new players actually have a market to enter.
Right now the iso threads outnumber selling threads 2 to 1.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Aug 14 2018 04:11pm
Gold: 17,715.27
Aug 14 2018 04:25pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Aug 14 2018 06:09pm)
I like this idea better than mine.

If you think going 5 trapdoors down at 71 and fighting a boss stronger than 7 shamans after clearing a full maze is going to be easy for any group in this game you would be pretty surprised at how close to impossible it is, and the item that drops could be anything, a t8 robe, a t7 fire charm, you name it.
Lets say you got a perfect 100 ee base roll (the roll would be weighted towards the bottom like all ee rolls in this game), each trapdoor is going to be an extra 20 ee, so if you managed to even find 5 trapdoors and then spend hours clearing a monster sized maze you get a guaranteed 200 ee item sure (It can still be a junk base), but you have to beat the boss first and that boss is going to be about as strong as throwing a 55 item in the well at level 1.
So its probably an entire days worth of work and then the entire party can still rip.

Sorry Matt, I think Paul buffed the drop rates enough lately. As players, sure we all want to be the lucky one to find that awesome 200+ ee, or 50+ stat, or item with a combo of crazy stats... but once we think of guaranteeing a good property like EE will roll at all, much less guaranteeing it will be > a given number, then it's gonna become common, and no one will be the lucky one. Even guaranteeing that the item that drops from this super boss has 1 or more EE is too overpowered IMO. Giving it a high difficulty and seeing where the random rolls wind up is not a problem IMO, but that is already in the game and much easier to spawn than what you're describing (Four Corners EPs). I want to be able to fight strong challenges for a better chance at good rewards, but there needs to be a balance between the rewards for that and other playstyles. When I killed the lvl 136 four corners EP down 1 trapdoor (so lvl 137 - 141), it took me about 2 hours to kill it... Drop was a lvl 10 spear and a lvl 45 lightning. Sure, that EP was triple-hitting me for 4-8k damage, each hit, so I was disappointed ofc... but if the drop was guaranteed to be epic, I'd be farming that all day... and I don't think that's right...
Gold: 1.93
Aug 14 2018 04:32pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Aug 15 2018 09:25am)
Sorry Matt, I think Paul buffed the drop rates enough lately. As players, sure we all want to be the lucky one to find that awesome 200+ ee, or 50+ stat, or item with a combo of crazy stats... but once we think of guaranteeing a good property like EE will roll at all, much less guaranteeing it will be > a given number, then it's gonna become common, and no one will be the lucky one. Even guaranteeing that the item that drops from this super boss has 1 or more EE is too overpowered IMO. Giving it a high difficulty and seeing where the random rolls wind up is not a problem IMO, but that is already in the game and much easier to spawn than what you're describing (Four Corners EPs). I want to be able to fight strong challenges for a better chance at good rewards, but there needs to be a balance between the rewards for that and other playstyles. When I killed the lvl 136 four corners EP down 1 trapdoor (so lvl 137 - 141), it took me about 2 hours to kill it... Drop was a lvl 10 spear and a lvl 45 lightning. Sure, that EP was triple-hitting me for 4-8k damage, each hit, so I was disappointed ofc... but if the drop was guaranteed to be epic, I'd be farming that all day... and I don't think that's right...

Makes sense, what if we scrap the ee idea but still keep 20% to stats on trapdoors, so if you put in the work AND get a lucky roll you are rewarded? :D
Gold: 17,715.27
Aug 14 2018 04:50pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Aug 14 2018 06:32pm)
Makes sense, what if we scrap the ee idea but still keep 20% to stats on trapdoors, so if you put in the work AND get a lucky roll you are rewarded? :D

I'm not exactly sure how Paul's MD currently affects item quality and item stat quality tbh. I know it can increase them, but in order to figure out whether your trapdoor bonuses would be fair, or imba, I'd kind of have to know that. But in the end, I would say, something like "Item stat quality on super evil presence loot increased by up to 10% per trapdoor" could be interesting without creating a major advantage for people willing to waste half a day finding a 6 glancing blow, 5 parry lvl 30 charm down 7 trapdoors.

Before Paul made all these updates, I was a major proponent of Paul increasing something about the strength of monsters in trapdoors to provide slightly better chances at loot by increasing the difficulty by a lot (I believe Paul proposed monster stats AND lvl per trapdoor as a compromise between the overpowered monster difficulty bonus, and the pure-level increase that was in many cases detrimental to loot and prof). He couldn't move forward with that change though since there was too much pushback thinking that even increasing monster stats would give an unfair advantage to those with the best gear. For your suggestion to work, I think you need to make sure it's clear that it would not produce a huge advantage in potential for loot for those with the best gear. In the end I think this should be scaled to something that produces (on average) worse loot per time than normal exploring, but with maybe a small puncher's chance at rolling something even better than normal with very good luck, if the super boss can be defeated :)

This post was edited by BWConformity on Aug 14 2018 04:51pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll