d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > The Search For Life > It's Almost Here.
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Sep 10 2018 11:54am

Looks like ep0ch got slammed with 10% warn and cant reply

Gold: 0.70
Warn: 60%
Sep 10 2018 03:43pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Sep 10 2018 01:54pm)
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fWsMzyhbl9I/maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like ep0ch got slammed with 10% warn and cant reply

:rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2018 04:31pm
Quote (Crud1ty @ Sep 10 2018 02:28am)
Q: Where am I?
A: You're right here.

wherever you go there you are
Gold: 1,650.10
Sep 10 2018 09:57pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Sep 9 2018 09:15am)
I know God and his promises in the bible. Life outside Earth does not exist. The evidence of God is all around you. No matter how hard you try, you lose the conversation.

What? You're using the bible as your evidence.... in the science section...

/fail
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Sep 10 2018 11:59pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ 9 Sep 2018 10:15)
I know God and his promises in the bible. Life outside Earth does not exist. The evidence of God is all around you. No matter how hard you try, you lose the conversation.

Lol why do believers always rely on fallacy to support their arguments

As far as the evidence is concerned there is no fact to confirm any belief (or god) is the real and final god, there is equal evidence to support almost all religious theory.. it is a common theme among believers that science or even base logic is wrong yet their ideals are uncontested

No matter how hard you try only speculation, assumption and written self reference is used to prove any belief
Gold: 260.11
Sep 11 2018 02:35am
Quote (luckspin @ Sep 10 2018 05:15am)
Lets hypothetically say that we know for certain that other human-like animals exist on another planet 50-100light years away, what does that benefit our world? How does that change ur life?

U wont be able to communicate with those life-forms unless they got the same technology as us and u wont be able to visit this planet anytime soon.

Its almost as if they dont exist and thats when u r given almost the best key scenario when in reality, if there was anything as developed as us out there thats within some xx light years away we would probably already know about it therefore whatevers out there and resembles us intellectually and biologically is likely so far away that the best we could hope for is to merely discover some signs that theres some complex life on planet X but since that planet X is so far away the info that we’ll be receiving via images would be of a time thats thousands if not hundreds of thousands years ago since that light we would have captured to create images with might have traveled for many human life times until it reached our planet.

Meanwhile theres many other more important things we could be focusing on scientifically to benefit society and nature.

The technology invented in the process would definitely have other applications that would solve problems on Earth.

Going to the moon hasn't directly benefited us but there are a massive number of things you use every day that were invented in the process.

Quote (D_urRRR @ Sep 9 2018 10:15am)

Flat Earther?

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Sep 11 2018 02:37am
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 60%
Sep 11 2018 06:02am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 11 2018 04:35am)
The technology invented in the process would definitely have other applications that would solve problems on Earth.

Going to the moon hasn't directly benefited us but there are a massive number of things you use every day that were invented in the process.

Flat Earther?

The earth is not flat... No idea why you even get that idea about me. Flat Earthers do not have an intelligent brain.

Quote (death_knight @ Sep 11 2018 01:59am)
Lol why do believers always rely on fallacy to support their arguments

As far as the evidence is concerned there is no fact to confirm any belief (or god) is the real and final god, there is equal evidence to support almost all religious theory.. it is a common theme among believers that science or even base logic is wrong yet their ideals are uncontested

No matter how hard you try only speculation, assumption and written self reference is used to prove any belief

It isn't speculation, there are millions of testimonies of personal experience, mine included. April of 2012 is when my life changed. Evidence is literally all around you and if you ever chose to believe and wanted to be a part of Jesus's life "as you dwell in the temple of God, the holy spirit lives within you" you would personally experience otherwise. You can't argue that God isn't real, sorry. You haven't tried to explore it.
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Sep 11 2018 07:19am
Quote (D_urRRR @ Sep 11 2018 01:02pm)
The earth is not flat... No idea why you even get that idea about me. Flat Earthers do not have an intelligent brain.

It isn't speculation, there are millions of testimonies of personal experience, mine included. April of 2012 is when my life changed. Evidence is literally all around you and if you ever chose to believe and wanted to be a part of Jesus's life "as you dwell in the temple of God, the holy spirit lives within you" you would personally experience otherwise. You can't argue that God isn't real, sorry. You haven't tried to explore it.

We cannot proof for sure that God does not exist, but yet it's on your side to prove it exists, if you think it does.
Which you can't ofc. Personal experiences of druggy n such people does not count as a proof, sorry. You believe, but you do not know. Like any of us.

This post was edited by Melatonina on Sep 11 2018 07:20am
Gold: 12,260.00
Sep 11 2018 09:33am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 11 Sep 2018 11:35)

this research is not pushing our technological boundaries any further, if anything, it relays on technology thats been developed for other purposes of space exploration as well as technology that has nothing to do with space exploration.

with our current technological level, there's absolutely no reason for this type of research. we know less about whats in our oceans and rain forests [about 1% of plant life has been researched] than whats in outer space, research on different types of animals/plants within our oceans and forests is far more likely to benefit us.

Gold: 260.11
Sep 11 2018 06:25pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Sep 11 2018 06:02am)

Because that's the only way you have any kind of biblical basis for life being excluded from other planets
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll