d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > New Delve League
Prev1910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 11 2018 06:41pm
Quote (stefan289 @ Aug 12 2018 02:34am)
Good counter argument

But i dont recall asking if you care about game or not nor does your intrest in game matter at all.

What matters is the graph that undeniably shows exact oposite of what you are trying to prove with it.

And the fact that you used it yourself.

i said that the graph showed a lot less players in abyss and bestiary and the graph does show it :mellow: also im probably one of the hardest people to provoke on this entire forum, but you can try ofc ^_^ !
Gold: 71,669.80
Aug 11 2018 06:45pm
I didn't make any claim, only a facetious comment but maybe you're too dumb to see that. 'best league' doesn't have to do purely with numbers, especially steam only.

quoting you from page 6: " cant people see that the game is by now so complex that it cant attract new players anyway no matter what they do, adding new content is pointless :wacko: just let the game die"
implying that poe is dying...

then you bring up the shitty steam stats, even tho most players(myself included) don't use steam.

what exactly would I be mad about? I like poe and it's been an enormous success. started from a garage with 3 ppl and now in a large office place with 150 employees. it's called hard work and making the right moves.
you are free to be mad that poe is successful and will continue to thrive, no matter how much you shitpost in a forum of a game you supposedly hate and dont play.
Gold: Locked
Aug 11 2018 06:50pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Aug 12 2018 02:41am)
i said that the graph showed a lot less players in abyss and bestiary and the graph does show it :mellow: also im probably one of the hardest people to provoke on this entire forum, but you can try ofc ^_^ !

Are you gonna pretend you said it ,while quoting me, not as an argument to prove me wrong.

Nice you are digging your hole more and more i like that.

Do you happen to be one of those ppl who believe earth is flat and if someone proves them wrong they start dodging and making stuff up so their alternate reality bubble in which you live doesnt pop.

I think theres a good chance you are ,allvthe symptoms are showing.

Provoking nice meme if you dont care about looking stupid af pretty sure its impossible for me to care more then you lol

This post was edited by stefan289 on Aug 11 2018 06:53pm
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 11 2018 06:56pm
Quote (Hopelessness @ Aug 12 2018 02:45am)
I didn't make any claim, only a facetious comment but maybe you're too dumb to see that. 'best league' doesn't have to do purely with numbers, especially steam only.

quoting you from page 6: " cant people see that the game is by now so complex that it cant attract new players anyway no matter what they do, adding new content is pointless :wacko: just let the game die"
implying that poe is dying...

then you bring up the shitty steam stats, even tho most players(myself included) don't use steam.

what exactly would I be mad about? I like poe and it's been an enormous success. started from a garage with 3 ppl and now in a large office place with 150 employees. it's called hard work and making the right moves.
you are free to be mad that poe is successful and will continue to thrive, no matter how much you shitpost in a forum of a game you supposedly hate and dont play.

umm not supposedly, i honestly dont play it :P and im not a hater, i was there when poe was becoming big and i was happy for them, well at least until they changed their behavior!

and i do think poe is dying and they need to focus on poe 2, i related no stats to that claim, i said it because i think its the best course of action. also adding new content is absolutely retarded because new players simply wont come anymore to something that complex. note that this again is my personal opinion, just so you know the next time you quote me :wacko:

Quote (stefan289 @ Aug 12 2018 02:50am)
Are you gonna pretend you said it ,while quoting me, not as an argument to prove me wrong.

Nice you are digging your hole more and more i like that.

Do you happen to be one of those ppl who believe earth is flat and if someone proves them wrong they start dodging and making stuff up so their alternate reality bubble in which you live doesnt pop.

I think theres a good chance you are ,allvthe symptoms are showing.

Provoking nice meme if you dont care about looking stupid af pretty sure its impossible for me to care more then you lol

for the record cause there are people here who like me, it wasnt my intention to troll you and make you mad, you are doing that yourself :wacko:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Aug 11 2018 07:00pm
Gold: Locked
Aug 11 2018 07:10pm
I am trolling myself now it seems , care to elaborate on how am i trolling myself.

umad im sure works on ppl like urself but you cant escape out of your hole by dodging more and more.

Do you seriously not see how utterly embaressing you look. I am sure you care about that even a little bit.

Still didnt answer my questions
Are you a flat earth believer
And was that graph while quoting me not attempt to prove me wrong

This post was edited by stefan289 on Aug 11 2018 07:19pm
Gold: 150.00
Aug 11 2018 07:16pm
Considering they still releases new leagues every third month, they obviously have a player base large enough to profit from.

This post was edited by glasgowrangers1690 on Aug 11 2018 07:17pm
Gold: 50,641.00
Aug 12 2018 02:13am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Aug 11 2018 08:41pm)

I don't use steam either, but I would imagine steam data is large enough to show a trend. That said, behaviorally steam is likely to consist of more casual players since they're probably launching more than one game, and should be more volatile than non-steam users.

Anyway using the link you provided earlier, the "average players" data for each league launch months are (rounded out, peak player is basically the same pattern):
https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All

Incursion: 42k
Bestiary: 37k
Abyss: 31k
Harbinger: 46k
Legacy: 28k
Breach: 24k
Essence: 17k

So while it's true the player base peaked in Harbinger so far, that is more of a spike. 6 out of 7 past leagues saw growth (it actually goes longer than that), and statistically you're not supposed to use outliers.
Also, it should be noted that Harbinger had 5 month gap between the previous league start, compared to 3~4 month gap for all other leagues, so it had larger gain from players who probably got bored with other games and returned.

Even "recession" is considered to be two consecutive quarters of decline. POE is far from "dying" in any way, it is still growing.

This post was edited by sOuLthieF on Aug 12 2018 02:25am
Gold: 1,670.20
Aug 12 2018 02:39am
Cant i get a page 11 actual topic info and not another internet turf war
Gold: 24,185.00
Aug 12 2018 03:41am
Quote (Megamanexe @ 12 Aug 2018 09:39)
Cant i get a page 11 actual topic info and not another internet turf war

snyft always derails the topics, theres no exception
i do think that some of the OLD players that play standard forever have been quiting the game since the economy there is getting destroyed and mirror items have lost their appeal, also they have been playing for a long time so its only natural to get bored of it
thats why you see d2jsp player base dying a little bit, the usual spammers of this forum only play standard and they are bored cause they play the market, not the game
but the new leagues keep getting alot of attention and alot of players, at least thats what we see on twitch and thats what GGG tells us

usually i wouldn't be against snyft's steam values analysis, but all the "pro" players use stand alone client, so even if new players start on steam, they will follow the pro players and start using stand alone client, like ALOT of people do, making the steam values doubtful
Gold: 1,724.80
Aug 12 2018 05:06am
Bots are considered players too until they get caught and banned right? Where is the last big banwave in the charts?
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll