d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Magic: The Gathering > Question Aboutthe State Of Mtgo
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.50
Aug 9 2018 02:37pm
Seems like this sub forum is dying since I last played mtgo

are they cutting down people using third party sites for tix?

Was thinking about getting back into since I can't play paper magic anymore and MTGA is kinda meh
Gold: 12.79
Aug 9 2018 03:52pm
dunno if mtgo is dying or not but the amount of banning and restriction on people getting tickets outside of wotc is way higher. If u are like me and dont mind buying a new account now and then to play draft/sealed, its ok but if u have large accounts or want to keep ur collection, i wouldnt buy.
Aug 9 2018 07:21pm
Quote (LA-Leviathan @ Aug 9 2018 04:52pm)
dunno if mtgo is dying or not but the amount of banning and restriction on people getting tickets outside of wotc is way higher. If u are like me and dont mind buying a new account now and then to play draft/sealed, its ok but if u have large accounts or want to keep ur collection, i wouldnt buy.

well sadly I don't actually have anything so
I'd have to start over.
Gold: 23,390.05
Aug 10 2018 10:30am
I think it depends on what formats you are trying to play... With the way the prices are nowadays if you are planning on using it for limited practice mtga may be the best choice, but if you like modern, legacy, commander, or possibly the random cubes they have mtgo will still be the way to go. They do not approve of trades for digital goods anymore from what I see of the situation...

But if you are just restarting that may be able to get your discounted tixs, but trade at your own risk... For one there is a lot of fraudulent activity going on this part of the forums like people trading you something then claiming it was "stolen" or people just purchasing tickets through a fraudulent means...

There are some dirtbags in this section of the community, but at the same time there are a decent amount of trustworthy individuals as well just do your research and be careful who you trade and you'll be fine.
A huge issue with this is I think mtgo doesn't want to deal with the headaches of the constant back and forth trades with the fraudulent activities especially when a majority of the traders probably won't ever invest back into mtgo... For example my account wasn't frozen, but a warning and they removed the "stolen" tickets, but that is what so sketchy about it as they should tie together the information to prosecute the individuals doing this fraudulent activity... I for one am not gonna let it go... I'd recommend staying away from allistar and EFSGrYpHoN87

This post was edited by goldendragon1 on Aug 10 2018 10:33am
Aug 12 2018 12:46pm
Quote (goldendragon1 @ Aug 10 2018 11:30am)
I think it depends on what formats you are trying to play... With the way the prices are nowadays if you are planning on using it for limited practice mtga may be the best choice, but if you like modern, legacy, commander, or possibly the random cubes they have mtgo will still be the way to go. They do not approve of trades for digital goods anymore from what I see of the situation...

But if you are just restarting that may be able to get your discounted tixs, but trade at your own risk... For one there is a lot of fraudulent activity going on this part of the forums like people trading you something then claiming it was "stolen" or people just purchasing tickets through a fraudulent means...

There are some dirtbags in this section of the community, but at the same time there are a decent amount of trustworthy individuals as well just do your research and be careful who you trade and you'll be fine.
A huge issue with this is I think mtgo doesn't want to deal with the headaches of the constant back and forth trades with the fraudulent activities especially when a majority of the traders probably won't ever invest back into mtgo... For example my account wasn't frozen, but a warning and they removed the "stolen" tickets, but that is what so sketchy about it as they should tie together the information to prosecute the individuals doing this fraudulent activity... I for one am not gonna let it go... I'd recommend staying away from allistar and EFSGrYpHoN87

Yeah I wanna play MTGO for Commander mainly and other stuff like peasant and Modern.
I just love MTG and want to stream. I don't like playing Paper much anymore.
I'll keep this in mind.
Maybe ill just buy the tickets from third party sites for cash or something
might be a bit easier
Go Back To Magic: The Gathering Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll