d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Svs Theorycraft > Dump Your Ideas Here
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.38
Warn: 40%
Aug 9 2018 02:37pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Aug 10 2018 04:48am)
How would that skill tree look, because thunderstorm doesn't do much dps without a big skill investment

And es is pretty skill point intensive as well

Full prebuff your chilling armor when they telestomp it shoots them and prebuff tstorm, skill tree is a mess, obviously higher lvl the better, youd be surprised the dmg tstorm does when the other sorc only has cr stack, it slowly takes life down on top of orb and etc
Gold: 46,223.00
Aug 9 2018 04:37pm
so much to talk about... ( here i go again )
i just deleted what took me about an hour to write cause its just too long... hard to explain everything i might gather my thoughts and type something in this post again but for now im going to leave you with something simple and random

i always just wanted to be different and have my own builds rather then do what everyone else was doing

gear... i stopped using fhr i can go on about this for ever but to keep it short and simple
: you only get stunned when you a player removes a certain % of your health so if you are not getting big damage you are not getting stunned.. so...
if your wearing hotspurs vs a fireballer and you have 0 FHR you are still not going to be getting stunned even tho ur using 0 FHR
if ur using 300 cold res and someone hits you with an orb or blizzard 5000 damage you are still not going to be getting stunned even if u have 0 fhr
starting to type alittle to much...
so not only does fhr not work but.. there is better mods in place like life, strength or dex, and replenish str/dex/life/replenish > FHR not just that but FHR>FCR>IAS>FHR ( even if u are getting stunned its better to walk out of the way or cast out of the way or ias out of the way block animation is in there some where not sure where this is one way tho i was different i didn't use any FHR i went high life or mana or replenish instead high stats big numbers do big work

that is a small mention about gear... as for skills im going to hit you with a random build i personally am an orb/es user so.... orb/es is going to be able to clear the most types of svs builds but here is something else for you a build i don't see anyone use that i love and use a lot still to this day

short story before i go in...
im all legit i played in an age of some pretty dirty hacks now.. just like fhr i had to make these hacks not so useful for them so... then there use to be auto aim a sorc could be any where far from you and 5k dmg blizzards on your head being far away... well only the second spike hits so this always gave me a chance to teleport out before the AA/tmc sorc hit me so it was almost as if auto aim made it so they could never hit me a sorc not using aa with bad aim or legit aim was much more likely to hit me from missing and me being under a different number spike then a hackers aa sorc could i don't want to type to much and i don't want to confuse but after awhile they would all ice blast me because they could not hit me with blizzard so my only threat from a blizzard sorc was iceblast

which is how i came about this build

Life build. all life like a blizzard sorc
very simple we are going to max the ice blast synergys

20 orb
20 blizzard
20 iceblast
20 cold mastery
20 icebolt
( no need for gspike only adds blizzard cold length )
with no + skill gear on this gives me

(IceBlaster ) ~~~ ( Blizzard )
Orb 387 ~~~~~~~ 0 orb
Blizzard 1887 ~~ 2476 Blizzard
IceBlast 1545 ~~ 1119 IceBlast

trading 589 blizz dmg for 426 iceblast dmg made a lot of sence to me not to mention i would get 387 max dmg from level 20 orb
that's pretty much it... not saying this is best svs build just a fun one that alone would make it extremely hard for a blizzard sorc to kill you

switching to 110FCR with a cold sorc is pretty much not done.. orb/blizz wouldn't 110fcr but going 110fcr orb/iceblast is pretty insane vs like a fireballer or even vs like a paladin orb to spray to cancle clag but im typing to much i don't wanna get all into that
simple cool build ive provided above and uve prolly never even seen one good luck!

p.s.
watch out for diminishing returns and stuff that is not as useful as other stuff could be
at the end of the day when you come up with a beast build and you want to be #1 the thing you need to ask yourself is what would i do when someone hostiles me with the same build i am using
( you make adustments )
but once u make adustments what happens when again someone has the same char as you.. and as you make adjustment after adjustment what happens when you have your final build and it is the best build ever possible what if someone walks up to you with the
same char or what if everyone in the world is using the same build... how do you get an edge?

-Luna

This post was edited by Jvun7 on Aug 9 2018 04:51pm
Gold: 1,665.00
Aug 10 2018 12:20am
Quote (Youshould @ 9 Aug 2018 13:43)
These 2 guys probably never had a sorc ever. Don’t listen to them

retired members of ratzfatz fanclub

btw. there is no best svs build, depends on your gameplay

blizz is hit and tele, fb is face to face

some players prefer fb other blizz other orb

and i saw very crazy ES ORB playin

This post was edited by KaterMikesch on Aug 10 2018 12:26am
Gold: 10.47
Aug 10 2018 02:20pm
es thunderstorm maxed is pretty good , thunder break the cast spell of the other sorc, and make good dmg if maxed (1 dmg to 1.3k/thunder hit ? not sure for the dmg max ) works fine if the other sorc isn't maxed lr...

you just tele and let the thunder do the rest . ofc you need gg stuff and high lvl

btw ,a good energy shield is top , drink mana as if it was life potion.. sojs and maxed mana , items with dmg to mana... frostburn... more mana = more life...

my"thunderstorm" (was her name) in 1.07makes me remember the old good time..

was my opinion, now , im not a proffesional anymore,
Gold: 1.38
Warn: 40%
Aug 11 2018 01:58am
Quote (womy @ Aug 11 2018 07:20am)
es thunderstorm maxed is pretty good , thunder break the cast spell of the other sorc, and make good dmg if maxed (1 dmg to 1.3k/thunder hit ? not sure for the dmg max ) works fine if the other sorc isn't maxed lr...

you just tele and let the thunder do the rest .ofc you need gg stuff and high lvl

btw ,a good energy shield is top , drink mana as if it was life potion.. sojs and maxed mana , items with dmg to mana... frostburn... more mana = more life...

my"thunderstorm" (was her name) in 1.07makes me remember the old good time..

was my opinion, now , im not a proffesional anymore,

Ya thats right max tstorm and that is the build :)

This post was edited by Mountaindewy on Aug 11 2018 01:58am
Gold: 46,223.00
Aug 11 2018 03:08am
so basically them just prey to god luna doesn't have 75 LR XDDDDDD
Gold: 1.08
Aug 11 2018 11:45am
equip 2hand staff for win
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll