d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Solo Mode
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 358.89
Aug 8 2018 07:24am
As simple as Ladder Slasher is, it's a very high input game, for hours and hours on end. Not only will this suggestion serve entertainment and fun, I think it will also have a great impact on the older community with aging bones.

I'm a die-hard Ladder Slasher player, will stop what I'm doing if a group pops up on HC and jump in. Have been around since the earliest days. Playing this game single player isn't fun. It hasn't been for a long time. I want to play, I want to solo so bad. I can't work up the effort.

My suggestion is to make the game less click intensive for solo players. NOT AFK. Just less taxing on the brain and wrist. Increase monster life and exp reward. Even by just as much as doubling. Let me click a monster and continue attacking it for few seconds. Right now it's just furious clicking all around the screen 1 hitting things.

I don't want to level faster, I don't want solo to be faster or more rewarding, Just some more fun.

This post was edited by Joshie on Aug 8 2018 07:26am
Gold: 20.73
Aug 8 2018 07:45am
I see where this is coming from, but it's not a great suggestion. You have to think about people getting their gear sets up etc. I know it took me a very long time to solo on hc and if the monsters had more life and I had to Regen more and more on each monster it would be super demotivating, not to mention the monsters that heal themselves back up when I heal.
Gold: 10,683.52
Aug 8 2018 07:45am
There is auto click eh?
Gold: 358.89
Aug 8 2018 07:48am
Quote (RetiredFox @ Aug 8 2018 07:45am)
I see where this is coming from, but it's not a great suggestion. You have to think about people getting their gear sets up etc. I know it took me a very long time to solo on hc and if the monsters had more life and I had to Regen more and more on each monster it would be super demotivating, not to mention the monsters that heal themselves back up when I heal.

I was thinking this was just an over-view of some of the suggestions we've seen.

Similar to the Mercenary for hire.
Similar to "Battle Zone" type arenas

I solo'd to level 4, and duo'd from 4 to 14 with AW. Just duoing was infinitely more fun
Gold: 248,047.40
Aug 8 2018 08:00am
Quote (Joshie @ 8 Aug 2018 07:48)
I was thinking this was just an over-view of some of the suggestions we've seen.

Similar to the Mercenary for hire.
Similar to "Battle Zone" type arenas

I solo'd to level 4, and duo'd from 4 to 14 with AW. Just duoing was infinitely more fun

2-3 man groups are my favorite next to full groups. Its alot more fun when you can get a healer/caster with a tank together so it doesnt feel like such a grind. I know even duo speeds up slashing alot!
Gold: 12,305.77
Warn: 30%
Aug 8 2018 11:20am
It would be cool if we could add 1 or two "bots" with us and set them up so it feels like we're playing with more people and more mobs are spawned so we can use our big abilities like cross strike, knockdown, multistrike more often.

This would also help fill those 4/5 games that always cause dilemmas. How many times have we all been sitting 4/5 for an hour waiting for someone to join and eventually people just give up.

*I know someone is going to take this to the next level.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Aug 8 2018 11:21am
Gold: 10,683.52
Aug 8 2018 12:25pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Aug 8 2018 01:20pm)
It would be cool if we could add 1 or two "bots" with us and set them up so it feels like we're playing with more people and more mobs are spawned so we can use our big abilities like cross strike, knockdown, multistrike more often.

This would also help fill those 4/5 games that always cause dilemmas. How many times have we all been sitting 4/5 for an hour waiting for someone to join and eventually people just give up.

Gold: 248,047.40
Aug 8 2018 02:37pm
Quote (Bob888 @ 8 Aug 2018 11:20)

Easy fix for this... Instead of waiting an hour for +1 just go with 4 and complete the climb 15-20 minutes slower than if you had a full group.

Pros:
You dont have to wait for +1
You dont lose the group you have while waiting
No chance of NOT climbing because you waited too long

Cons:
The climb takes slightly longer but if you wait an hour for +1 you really end up wasting 40 minutes less

oh... the only con is really a pro... Imagine that...
Gold: 17,715.27
Aug 8 2018 02:54pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Aug 8 2018 04:37pm)
Easy fix for this... Instead of waiting an hour for +1 just go with 4 and complete the climb 15-20 minutes slower than if you had a full group.

Pros:
You dont have to wait for +1
You dont lose the group you have while waiting
No chance of NOT climbing because you waited too long

Cons:
The climb takes slightly longer but if you wait an hour for +1 you really end up wasting 40 minutes less

oh... the only con is really a pro... Imagine that...

Aww thanks; nice of you to say! :thumbsup:
Gold: 8,684.08
Aug 8 2018 10:15pm
Too late now, Rex is here to respond (Note: tl;dr answer is No F Way, it takes me approx 1 hour to get from level 60 to level 65 and more to get to 71 even with this update and usable gear)

The game needs to change the LOWER to mid range levels instead of the higher levels, example: it takes 10 minutes to get from level 1 to level 5 solo (give or take 3-5 minutes based on gear), could you imagine it being harder at lower levels (monster has MORE life, not dmg output) making it longer... now you still need to add in the reward, let us be honest, do you really want to spend 20+ minutes going from level 1-5? Hell No, BUT, if you have the gear, the challenge that you want would still be there.

Let me put it this way, low tier items like;

Arcane focused heal IV,
Heals: 70 to 84,
+72% Enhanced Effect,
+16 Strength,

+2 Dexterity,
+2 Critical Strike,
+7% Heal Mastery,
+1% Wind Mastery

would actually be useful to use, but since you can 1 hit kill basically every monster spawn (for me including EPs) at level 5, it is useless to have 72% ee, dang it could have been 10% and still be useful, the 16 str stat helps kill faster of course etc.

So, use diminishing returns (life) at lower to mid range upwards of monster life until it balances out time-wise.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll