d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Hc Bowazon Withouth Faith? > Hc Bowazon Build
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Aug 6 2018 06:25am
Hello there, I was thinking about building my self a bowazon. Question, is there any other option then a faith bow? Maybe WF and go for strafe or multi? For bosses guided? Was trying to find something here, but most of the builds are meant for javazons or SC chars. Will be thankful for any input!
Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 6 2018 06:30am
Freezing Arrow build with Ice Bow is a viable option
Gold: Locked
Aug 6 2018 06:33am
Ask Taurean he is the professionnal hardcore bowazon player 🙄
Gold: 8.73
Aug 6 2018 11:05am
No other bow really comes close to faith

If you only use strafe then wf is fine but strafe is a bad skill that locks you in one spot for the full duration, which as you can imagine isnt very useful in hardcore

I've also seen people use upgraded buriza and botd Hydra bow but they do it because they like the bow, not because it's good

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Aug 6 2018 11:06am
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 6 2018 11:36am

Kira's guardian um
Eaglehorn socketed with perfect skull for dual leech
Treachery/Fortitude (if can afford, will help out greatly for a cost of Lo rune)/Peace can work also
Atma's scarab
Razortail
Wisp projector, use Heart of wolverine
Free option second ring
War travelers
Laying of hands

Max Strafe
Some points in D/A/E
Almost max Critical strike
Max Valkyrie
Some points in Pierce, enough for acquiring 100% pierce
Some points in Guided arrow, about 10-12
The rest you can do as you want with.

Act 2 Might merc, with the best setup you can afford. Treachery, any LL helmet, and the best weapon you can afford.

Always cast Decoy and Valkyrie at the edge of the screen, to make monsters flock to them, and also for your own safety. Use Strafe for regular monsters and packs, and Guided arrow for tougher targets and bosses. When you have an Ignore target defense bow, every single arrow will hit and pierce, and this increases the chance of arrows inflicting 5% Amplify damage from Atma's scarab. When this happens, you will deal a lot of damage even with a medium damage bow such as Eaglehorn, and IN MY OPINION this is better than Windforce. If you choose to use Windforce, you are required to use Enchant charges from Demon limb to heighten your attack rating to a half-decent level. Having your arrows blocked by low ar, is very inefficient. I'd rather deal a little bit lower damage, and have every single arrow hit and pierce. You will see that this is much more efficient.

The point about Strafe locking you in place is a no-brainer. As you cast Decoy and Valkyrie at the edge of the screen all the time, you will be very safe. This is a part of playing in Hardcore. This method also mostly eliminates the risk with lag spikes.

You should still be aware though. There can be monster packs that are overpowered, and will kill both your Decoy and Valkyrie in 1-2 seconds flat. But that is why you toss them there all the time, as a safety measure. When you notice they going down that fast, the best option is usually to save and exit. You will have about 1000 hp, trying to tank with a Bowzon is a bad strategy and will get you killed sooner or later.

You should be stacking 10-14 max damage grand charms, and single or all resist small charms.

This is only the way i play, and i find it highly effective on a budget.

Quote (Hyperdimension @ 6 Aug 2018 14:33)
Ask Taurean he is the professionnal hardcore bowazon player 🙄

There is no need for snide remarks like this, i just give my 2 cents, and everyone else is free to do the same. Then OP is free to take whatever advice he wants. There is no need for sarcasm or harassment in between. I never do that to anyone else, so i expect the same treatment back. Any sarcasm and harassment is reported.
Gold: 74,000.00
Aug 6 2018 11:44am
Listen to superbutt he knows knows his stuff

Use multi with 24 arrows with some form of mana leech/mana after kill maybe if ur killing in 1-2 volleys
Guided for boss/everything else
Gold: Locked
Aug 6 2018 12:01pm
Quote (Taurean @ Aug 6 2018 12:36pm)

There is no need for snide remarks like this, i just give my 2 cents, and everyone else is free to do the same. Then OP is free to take whatever advice he wants. There is no need for sarcasm or harassment in between. I never do that to anyone else, so i expect the same treatment back. Any sarcasm and harassment is reported.

Except when other people's 2 cents mentions the weakness of your recommendation, then you start swearing and insulting people
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 6 2018 12:11pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ 6 Aug 2018 20:01)
Except when other people's 2 cents mentions the weakness of your recommendation, then you start swearing and insulting people

Constructive criticism is welcome, but not sarcasm and harassment. I've never reacted negatively to constructive advice.

This post was edited by Taurean on Aug 6 2018 12:12pm
Gold: 74,000.00
Aug 6 2018 12:34pm
Quote (Taurean @ Aug 6 2018 01:11pm)
Constructive criticism is welcome, but not sarcasm and harassment. I've never reacted negatively to constructive advice.

Yes you have considering everyone elses opinion IS the constructive advice.. strafe eaglehorn and kira on a bowa are terrible
Gold: 4.00
Aug 6 2018 01:21pm
Quote (Taurean @ Aug 6 2018 06:36pm)
Kira's guardian um
Eaglehorn socketed with perfect skull for dual leech
Treachery/Fortitude (if can afford, will help out greatly for a cost of Lo rune)/Peace can work also
Atma's scarab
Razortail
Wisp projector, use Heart of wolverine
Free option second ring
War travelers
Laying of hands

Max Strafe
Some points in D/A/E
Almost max Critical strike
Max Valkyrie
Some points in Pierce, enough for acquiring 100% pierce
Some points in Guided arrow, about 10-12
The rest you can do as you want with.

Act 2 Might merc, with the best setup you can afford. Treachery, any LL helmet, and the best weapon you can afford.

Always cast Decoy and Valkyrie at the edge of the screen, to make monsters flock to them, and also for your own safety. Use Strafe for regular monsters and packs, and Guided arrow for tougher targets and bosses. When you have an Ignore target defense bow, every single arrow will hit and pierce, and this increases the chance of arrows inflicting 5% Amplify damage from Atma's scarab. When this happens, you will deal a lot of damage even with a medium damage bow such as Eaglehorn, and IN MY OPINION this is better than Windforce. If you choose to use Windforce, you are required to use Enchant charges from Demon limb to heighten your attack rating to a half-decent level. Having your arrows blocked by low ar, is very inefficient. I'd rather deal a little bit lower damage, and have every single arrow hit and pierce. You will see that this is much more efficient.

The point about Strafe locking you in place is a no-brainer. As you cast Decoy and Valkyrie at the edge of the screen all the time, you will be very safe. This is a part of playing in Hardcore. This method also mostly eliminates the risk with lag spikes.

You should still be aware though. There can be monster packs that are overpowered, and will kill both your Decoy and Valkyrie in 1-2 seconds flat. But that is why you toss them there all the time, as a safety measure. When you notice they going down that fast, the best option is usually to save and exit. You will have about 1000 hp, trying to tank with a Bowzon is a bad strategy and will get you killed sooner or later.

You should be stacking 10-14 max damage grand charms, and single or all resist small charms.

This is only the way i play, and i find it highly effective on a budget.

Thanks a lot for the input!!! I need a budget build like this. I do not have FG nor do I have really decent items in stash... I will exp the zon and try to build it like mentioned. I do have WWS is that a viewable alternative before eaglehorn? How should I distribute stat points? Did not really play on HC as bowazon... Thanks again for more input.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll