d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Crixus The Ghoul > P8 Classic
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,990.00
Aug 5 2018 10:42am
"A well-known military leader during the Third Servile War, Crixus used to be a Gallic gladiator who enjoyed noteworthy success against notably bigger opponents in battle arenas. But he absolutely despised the leader of his gladiator school and his owner. So when a revolt broke out in the training school, Crixus was a happy volunteer among the 70 escaping gladiators. Then he played a pivotal role in defeating a small group of soldiers sent to quell their rebellion."

After narrowly escaping an attack on their camp by the Romans in the dead of night, Crixus found himself alone running through the woods as fast as he could. A quick turn to check if they were still right behind him, and he trips on a rock and tumbles down a hill into a river, knocking him unconscious. As he slowly wakes up, he is inside a small tent with a woman outside he wonders. "where the fuck am I?" With a few grunts he gets to his feet, only to be stopped by a woman in a purple cloak. "Take it easy there you have quite a lump on your head, I dont need you stumbling around breaking my potions." Crixus looks at the woman - "where am I? Are there Romans here?!" The woman pulls a out a chair for him to sit. "Romans? I never heard of the term before now have a seat I have some food here, you need to eat you have been out for two days, what is your name friend?" Crixus looks up at her, "Two days?! damn the Romans! ...My name is Crixus, have you seen anyone else come through here, any gladiators?! Akara replies, "It seems you have hit your head pretty hard Crixus, no one comes through here often. I think you are the first wanderer in many years" Crixus gets up and walks out of the tent "where the fuck am I, and who are you?" "My name is Akara, you are in an encampment fortified to protect us, you have no worries here." Crixus looks around frantically, "I have to get back, I have to see if anyone else survived the attack!" Akara replies, "I am afraid there is no returning how you came friend, theres no boats here. If you want to leave, you have a long journey ahead of you. Warriv across town can take you East, but we need some help from you first. There are these pesky demons in a cave not to far from here.. Slay them all and clear the cave and we can talk from there." Crixus looks around and points "Is that warriv?" Akara nods. Crixus approaches Warriv, "can you help me get back near Sicily?" Warriv replies, "I've never heard of such a land before, but we live surrounded by waters, the only place to go without a boat is east, I can take you there but we need some help from you first" Left with only one option Crixus agrees, turns and starts walking toward the bridge, he looks up into the sky and says to himself, "Neavia and my brothers, I hope you are okay, and I will find you again one day."

hey guys meet Crixus

This is my 1st walk through so dont be to brutal =)
some rules and goals for the walk through:
This is a classic walk through
P8 at all times, even reruns
complete every quest
Get at least lvl 80
Find Sigons helm/gloves, angelics ammy/ring
Goblin Toes and Rattlecage - So i have versatility based on what items i find
Manald
Would love to find a gull for popping late game but i cant ever seem to find one when im looking for it
I will be a mace barb throughout the whole WT

Have fun!
I will be starting out double swing into frenzy and restating into whirlwind when i find a weapon/mana leach

This post was edited by Cigin on Aug 5 2018 11:00am
Aug 5 2018 10:45am
Den done!

Maybe I shouldve done a pally first - The den of Scepters!

What is going on here? lol
Aug 5 2018 10:48am
Blood Raven down!

Why cant i find end game 6 mod items with every stat useful.

Cain is no longer chillin in a cage
Aug 5 2018 10:52am
Countess down! No runes tho :wallbash:

Smith down, no challenges yet, scepters own act 1

This is nice! Starting to feel the mana leach helping more and more the farther i get through act 1
Aug 5 2018 10:55am

Andy went down like a hoe!
Aug 5 2018 10:57am
This is where i am at currently, going to farm andy 3-5 times to try and find a crushflange and or bloodfists so i can cruise thru act 2 super easy
wont be spending much time as grinding this early is a waste.

This post was edited by Cigin on Aug 5 2018 10:57am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2018 11:24am
Love it, big fan of Spartacus. Your standards for items are pretty low haha, but i'll be watching!
Aug 5 2018 04:00pm
Quote (ThatOneGuy9 @ Aug 5 2018 12:24pm)
Love it, big fan of Spartacus. Your standards for items are pretty low haha, but i'll be watching!

thanks man same =)
i guess it would seem they were pretty low. maybe if i explain
end game in classic you need neither angelics ammy/ring or sigons helm/combo for enough AR bonus to hit well in hell diff. without either is horrible.
goblin toes and r cage is kind of the same. in order to do nice damage you need crushing blow (obviously) but the only options are these 2 for end game classic.
bonesnap would also be nice, for the res and cb but it breaks very fast in hell and is just annoying. which will be the case with any weapon until i find a martel de fer.
since end game items otherwise are all rares in classic, i didnt want to get specific on rolls, well because the rng in this game is crazy and it could take a year to find a specific ornate etc. (ex. i did 4k+ hell chaos runs and did not find a soj this ladder)

Radament down

Got the cube. Definitely a lot slower progress with the skeletons being revived.

Not much has happened thus far, still wearing almost all of the same gear since act 1
Aug 5 2018 04:05pm
On my way to get the amulet however,

Ammy down. Got the easy way too.

I decided my breast plate with 4 life needed an upgrade. Gambled this for the base defence and had a decent res on it too :)
Aug 5 2018 04:07pm
Summoner down

Things were taking longer and longer to kill so i needed an upgraded weapon as well. shopped this pretty quick

The cold will definitely help with duriel
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll