Aug 3 2018 10:58pm

1 day 250k views

In b4 this guy regrets what he did
Gold: 50.10
Aug 3 2018 11:49pm
french canadians not even once
Gold: 40.01
Aug 4 2018 12:32am
Couldn’t hear what he was saying to him but what the fuck. Who kicks the bar outta someone’s hands mid deadlift.
Gold: 165.00
Aug 4 2018 12:40am
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ 3 Aug 2018 23:32)
Couldn’t hear what he was saying to him but what the fuck. Who kicks the bar outta someone’s hands mid deadlift.

It's one of Pete's clients. Description in vid
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 4 2018 01:01am
Yeah that’s pretty bad. What a moron to be deadlifting in a gym
Gold: 93.00
Aug 11 2018 05:46pm
is it a planet fitness type place? wasn't even that loud to be causing a disturbance
Gold: 23.20
Aug 12 2018 07:31am
I kind of had a similar experience not long ago. My gym was closed for the day so I went to a gym I never been to before.

As soon as I walk in I see lots of cable machines and barely any free weights.

They had one flat bench and one incline bench all the barbells they had in the gym. I go up to the guy at the desk and ask hey is it ok to deadlift in here. He is like yeah a couple of other guys do.

So I pay my 6 dollar fee for the day and begin working out it was back day. I did a set of lat pull downs on the machine then begin to deadlift.

I did a couple sets I had like 385 or so on the bar at this point then the worker the desk guy comes up to me and said hey you need to keep it down a bit that I was being to loud. Which I wasnt even dropping the weight I was touching the floor and coming back up doing reps.

It kinda pissed me off since I just asked him like 10 minutes before if it was ok the deadlift in there. So I just told him I got one more set and I'll be done. So I put 425 on the bar and made a little noise this time lol.

I just dont understand how you can go to a gym and there against deadlifts. The desk guy didn't even look like he worked out. Was some kid wearing preppy clothes that was just working there.

The gym was on the top floor of a hospital so if they dont want people deadlifting put a sign up. Dont tell them it's ok then go bitch about it a few minutes later
Gold: 3.31
Aug 12 2018 10:45am
Quote (Marinda @ Aug 12 2018 08:31am)
I kind of had a similar experience not long ago. My gym was closed for the day so I went to a gym I never been to before.

They had one flat bench and one incline bench all the barbells they had in the gym. I go up to the guy at the desk and ask hey is it ok to deadlift in here. He is like yeah a couple of other guys do.

So I pay my 6 dollar fee for the day and begin working out it was back day. I did a set of lat pull downs on the machine then begin to deadlift.

I did a couple sets I had like 385 or so on the bar at this point then the worker the desk guy comes up to me and said hey you need to keep it down a bit that I was being to loud. Which I wasnt even dropping the weight I was touching the floor and coming back up doing reps.

It kinda pissed me off since I just asked him like 10 minutes before if it was ok the deadlift in there. So I just told him I got one more set and I'll be done. So I put 425 on the bar and made a little noise this time lol.

I just dont understand how you can go to a gym and there against deadlifts. The desk guy didn't even look like he worked out. Was some kid wearing preppy clothes that was just working there.

The gym was on the top floor of a hospital so if they dont want people deadlifting put a sign up. Dont tell them it's ok then go bitch about it a few minutes later

I went to a LA fitness once and i only started warming up and i was told i cant do that.. its one of the largest commercial gyms in USA and im told they dont allow deadlifting? I was only at 135lb at the time and didnt drop it once.

It was weird but i get it tho. They dont wanna make other ppl uncomfortable or intimidated.
Prob someone new is gonna ask what deadlifting is and will try it out and prob break all the mirrors or something

It is a pretty dangerous exercise and i think gyms dont wanna hire knowledgable trainers or be liable for customer injuries

This post was edited by PinataParty on Aug 12 2018 10:46am
Gold: 23.20
Aug 12 2018 12:39pm
Quote (PinataParty @ Aug 12 2018 04:45pm)
I went to a LA fitness once and i only started warming up and i was told i cant do that.. its one of the largest commercial gyms in USA and im told they dont allow deadlifting? I was only at 135lb at the time and didnt drop it once.

It was weird but i get it tho. They dont wanna make other ppl uncomfortable or intimidated.
Prob someone new is gonna ask what deadlifting is and will try it out and prob break all the mirrors or something

It is a pretty dangerous exercise and i think gyms dont wanna hire knowledgable trainers or be liable for customer injuries

Yeah u could right. Only thing that pissed me off about my situation is I just asked before I paid and he didn't mind. Then he let's me do 2-3 sets and complains.

Wished he woulda just said no deadlifting from the beginning and i would have went to another gym mo big deal.

Well I learned from my experience though I wont be going ba k to that gym lol.

That's the only gym I have ever been to that has complained about deadlifting so far
Gold: 150.00
Aug 12 2018 03:45pm
Quote (Marinda @ Aug 12 2018 08:31am)

dude prob didnt give a shit at first then maybe someone came and complained and then he was like shit now i gotta tell the dude i just greenlighted that he cant.
i mean hes probably a student making min-min+5 wage. its not like he runs the place.
but still i dont get it..however it happened. whether another member complained or not. it doesnt affect you at all, how can it possibly bother you? i dont get people that get bothered by ethical & moral things. maybe its the only way they can feel big
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll