Aug 30 2018 06:28am

This is getting tedious
Gold: 2,420.00
Aug 31 2018 05:44am
Sep 1 2018 05:35am
Sep 2 2018 12:07pm
Well lads i did it, it's been an entire month since I've had any alcohol, wow I feel so accomplished. Not really, but I guess it's better than nothing. Before I get into anything, I feel I should explain why I decided to go sober. It's not as if I was some kind of alcoholic who had a serious problem. I'd buy a 1.75L bottle of vodka probably once every 1.5 weeks and drink it within that time. If I decided to drink that day, I'd probably have 6-15 shots total - an important note, I'm 6'1 and 230 lbs, so it's not as if I'm a little person drinking a lot. I also didn't do it every day. Personally I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, I've had friends who would drink crazy amounts and get blackout drunk nearly every opportunity they'd have to do so, which is something I've maybe only done once or twice. I've always just enjoyed getting a nice buzz and sometimes a bit drunk while I sit back and relax. Anyway I decided to stop simply because I was growing bored of drinking. It was becoming more of a daily ritual which I stopped having any sort of gratification from. I'd wake up, do whatever I'd do for the first few hours and just start drinking. At that point I wondered why I was even wasting my time or money with it.

So now that I've been sober for 30 days, I can't say I particularly feel any different. If anything, it's more boring playing the old games that I'd play when I drank. Only real positives I can think of off the top of my head is that I probably saved anywhere from $60-$100 this month, so that's good I guess; though it's not like I spend my money on anything other than the bills I have to pay though. It's still better than falling for the alcohol shills. I'd also like to say that I've been completely sober in general, haven't partaken in the use of any drugs either throughout these 30 days. As for any negatives from doing this, nothing really comes to mind, other than being bored sometimes, maybe I end up rubbing one out more often? Anyway I guess that's about it. At this point in time I don't have any plans for partaking in drinking. I'll probably stop updating this blog as often as I have. I may perhaps attempt to tackle other negatives traits I have at this point. Lastly I'd just like to say if there's anyone out there who's considering giving up alcohol or any kind of drug, I'd definitely recommend it. You certainly can go on without it my fellow gamer.

This post was edited by Jupe on Sep 2 2018 12:09pm
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic