d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Public Health Evaluation > Cross Country Comparison
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.85
Aug 2 2018 10:50pm
Hello, I need to some guidance with one of my assignments in my Masters of Public Health class.

The assignment is to compare and contrast mortality trends for males females of all ages, between developing and developed countries.

I have a diagram of global health burdens

In your answer, you should discuss the cross-country comparisons by critically evaluating the sources of data, their validity and reliability, strengths and limitations, and how limitations can be mitigated.

For this topic, I'm a little confused as to if I need to research more on each disease or condition, or if I am just using the data that has been presented in the diagram.

These are examples of the diagrams I'm using.

Thanks for your time.
Gold: 2,673.69
Aug 3 2018 01:02am
It does not appear the question is asking you to research further. It seems it wants you to discuss where this data came from and how it came to be. Sometimes data is obtained with an agenda ---larger company paying small company to gather data to further their goals. Some of which could be gathered using small sample sizes or certain demographics which may not accurately represent the population at hand. This seems to be more than just giving a summary of trends or comparing and contrasting, but you should probably include this as well.

In any case, you should ask your instructor for a rubric on any major assignments so you can clearly address everything that this assignment was intended for.

If I was going in blind---I would go as follows writing 1-2 paragraphs for each referencing specifics from the data or website

Compare and contrast

Source of data

Validity

Reliability

Strengths

Limitations

Mitigations

Gold: 2.85
Aug 3 2018 08:11pm
Thank you, this helps quite a bit.
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll