d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Going Back To Gym
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.31
Jul 31 2018 08:46pm
Having almost the exact same thing as this post...
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168567483&pagenumber=1

Never had this happen to me before. Took 3months off working out even eating healthy and cardio to study for an exam.

Got back to gym and did arms for the first time in 3months and felt incredibly sore the next 3-5days. The worst soreness ive ever had, not even able to extend it and actually felt pain stretching. Thought it was doms so just waited.

Went to do arms again today and my left arm was absolutely shot. Couldnt even so 3reps... moved down to 25lb and did prob 5reps then just had to stop. Actually felt nothing in there.

Should I be worried??
Just curling with no weight i feel strength up to about 120deg and its all my joints at that point..

Edit;
Im cutting down slightly but have eaten about 1g protein for 1lb every day for almost 2years now. Just more fat and junk food the past3 months.

Maybe the "pain" is gone but my left arm is still recovering?
Hammer curls felt a bit more strength but supinated curl is what scared me. My right is fine

Overall surprised at how my other lifts are still "ok" compared to 3months ago
Was prepared to be much weaker.
any good advice for people going back to gym?
Wanting to avoid injuries as much as possible after this scare

This post was edited by PinataParty on Jul 31 2018 08:48pm
Gold: 371.00
Jul 31 2018 08:53pm
Yep i've had this. Very easy to to hurt that 'elbow pit' of your arm when you get back into it

Solution: dont go as hard
Gold: 26,774.27
Jul 31 2018 08:55pm
go smooth when you go back to the gym after a while
instead of doing the full workout you used to do when you were active in the gym
cut a little bit on the exercises/amount of sets
your body isnt used anymore to the kind of workouts you were doing before
Gold: 3.31
Aug 6 2018 12:30pm
I need to see a doctor

My back, shoulder, etc are fine and im getting back to the routine but my left arm is still gone

Ive resorted to 20lb and 3reps into my 2nd set (1st bicep workout) all my strength is gone....

Cant even lift more than 10degrees

Right arm is fine and feel strength but left actually feels like i have no biceps at all.

Ive been having strange mornings where my left bicep is sore like i did arms the day before..

Quote (Excusemem8 @ Jul 31 2018 09:53pm)
Yep i've had this. Very easy to to hurt that 'elbow pit' of your arm when you get back into it

Solution: dont go as hard

Def felt that pit area super sore at first.

Now im just worried i actually pulled something

Just seems so strange for me to feel absolutely no strength suddenly.
No pain or fatigue building in during workout... just instant shutdown of all left arm strength.
Nothing on internet too about this

This post was edited by PinataParty on Aug 6 2018 12:31pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll