d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Good Listen
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73,065.00
Jul 30 2018 09:33am
Quote (yostraydog @ Jul 30 2018 07:30am)
Dorian Yates as a bodybuilder was stronger than 90% of powerlifters, so that’s a pretty irrelevant statement

Now you are pulling random percentages out of your ass lol

I can tell that you arent worth the effort, prob spend too much time on the bodybuilding general chat.

Pce
Gold: 11,376.21
Jul 30 2018 10:36am
Quote (AlphaofAlphas @ Jul 30 2018 11:26am)
Obligatory take everything you hear with a grain of salt. I think the philosophy of the training can potentially be applied to anything, not just his sport of choice.

The only thing I can see this being irrelevant is if you are on some type of gear.

Yeah pretty much. I mean there are a million philosophies to lifting. Finding w/e works best for you is typically the answer if you're not a professional athlete or a bodybuilder. Firas knows his shit when it comes to mma coaching but idk how many would vouch for him outside of that. The never being sore thing I don't necessarily agree with but it makes sense for mma fighters. Hell when I was doing muay thai+bjj I wasn't competing and it was still hard to get through lifts sometimes cuz you'd be so beaten down and sore all the time. I disagree w/ that if you're talking about purely lifting tho. Think you should be pushing yourself.
Gold: 73,065.00
Jul 30 2018 10:46am
Quote (MrDuDu @ Jul 30 2018 08:36am)
Yeah pretty much. I mean there are a million philosophies to lifting. Finding w/e works best for you is typically the answer if you're not a professional athlete or a bodybuilder. Firas knows his shit when it comes to mma coaching but idk how many would vouch for him outside of that. The never being sore thing I don't necessarily agree with but it makes sense for mma fighters. Hell when I was doing muay thai+bjj I wasn't competing and it was still hard to get through lifts sometimes cuz you'd be so beaten down and sore all the time. I disagree w/ that if you're talking about purely lifting tho. Think you should be pushing yourself.

Just wanna point out one thing because I think a lot of people get confused.

Soreness does not indicate growth or does it mean that you have pushed yourself the day prior.

I can go more into this when I'm not on mobile and get home from work.

As far as lifting is concerned, progressive overload isn't maxing out / pushing to your limit either. So while I agree there is a time and place for it, it doesn't need to be done every workout.
Gold: 11.58
Jul 30 2018 11:03am
Quote (yostraydog @ Jul 30 2018 10:11am)
Keep training like betas moving shit weight while thinking you’re training smart

“One set at extreme intensity does the muscle building jobit must be stressed that the one final all out set I do takes me to the very limit of my capabilities, if you feel you can attempt a second set then you couldn’t have been pulling out all the stops on the first sets, it’s not pretty but it works.”

- Dorian Yates 6x Mr. Olympia

"unfounded opinion generated by years of not logging scientifically rigorous data and not statistically analyzing trends/means"

Dorian Yates 6x nobody cares
Gold: 8,743.00
Jul 30 2018 11:19am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Jul 30 2018 12:03pm)
"unfounded opinion generated by years of not logging scientifically rigorous data and not statistically analyzing trends/means"

Dorian Yates 6x nobody cares

You dedicate your life to trying to be knowledgeable in the field that’s put to shambles by someone who has an unfounded opinion generated by years of not logging scientifically rigorous data

Kys
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll