d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Black Desert >
ISO
> New Player > D/l About To Finish
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
ognomak
#1 Jul 17 2018 08:19pm
Group: Member
Gold: 12.00
looking to buy essentials ( i was told a pet can help )

anything else needed for a new player??

thanks much in advance.

(btw my version is launched from steam)
if that matters.

This post was edited by ognomak on Jul 17 2018 08:30pm
recpintballer8
#2 Jul 18 2018 02:27am
Gold: 7,240.02
Pets are pretty vital for anyone that plays with any intensity, among other things, they autoloot your enemies. Most of the other shit that you can buy with gifted pearls is a developed presonal preference. Play a bunch of different characters (they're easy to level at first) before investing your pearls, as most giftable shit is character specific (excluding pets)
ognomak
#3 Jul 18 2018 06:18am
ok so I guess step 1 is to buy a pet, since you say I could use that pet on a future made char (if i don't like wizard for w/e reason my current level 15)
thanks a bunch for input,let me know if anyone is selling a pet
Kokua
#4 Jul 18 2018 06:36am
Gold: 20,300.00
Pets are usable by all your characters on your account. You can have up to 5 of them at a time. Same species pets can be exchanged for higher tier pets at a 2 to 1 rate.
Maids are also usable across characters. They can help you transport items to cities to improve your farming capabilities. 100 lb per 20 mins per maid.
Consumables are generally able to be stored in your warehouse, and thus able to use it across different characters.

Weight, inventory slots and costumes are all character specific, so make sure you are happy with the character before investing deeper into it.
Unfortunately, weight is not giftable. It is one of the more beneficial character specific things you can gift. Inventory slots however are giftable, though having a lot of space and no weight to utilize it is kind of pointless.

Mounts can be used by all your characters - though only one character may have it out at a time. Use a stable to move mounts between characters from the same location.
Gear can be moved between characters through warehouses. Any class can use any gear, there is no level requirement. Weapons are class specific.

Gold is not tradable directly, and it is inefficient to buy items with pearls for the purpose of selling them for gold, unless you're willing to spend a lot more than the average person.

Whether you use steam or not doesn't really matter, nor what server you decide to log in - what matters is whether you play on NA or EU.
New and returning players have 1 month access to Olivia servers, which offers higher experience rates up to level 58.99.
Your character awakens at 56, and unlocks a new weapon and new abilities. Even if pre awakening might seem boring, awakening may change your mind about a character.
I'd recommend playing various characters that you think may interest you - or check out some videos to see if you may fall in love with your first choice.
At least play until 57 before deciding that's the character you want to invest character specific pearl purchases in, as costumes, weight and inventory slots can be expensive.

This post was edited by Kokua on Jul 18 2018 07:01am
ognomak
#5 Jul 18 2018 11:08pm
Quote (Kokua @ Jul 18 2018 04:36am)
Pets are usable by all your characters on your account. You can have up to 5 of them at a time. Same species pets can be exchanged for higher tier pets at a 2 to 1 rate.
Maids are also usable across characters. They can help you transport items to cities to improve your farming capabilities. 100 lb per 20 mins per maid.
Consumables are generally able to be stored in your warehouse, and thus able to use it across different characters.

Weight, inventory slots and costumes are all character specific, so make sure you are happy with the character before investing deeper into it.
Unfortunately, weight is not giftable. It is one of the more beneficial character specific things you can gift. Inventory slots however are giftable, though having a lot of space and no weight to utilize it is kind of pointless.

Mounts can be used by all your characters - though only one character may have it out at a time. Use a stable to move mounts between characters from the same location.
Gear can be moved between characters through warehouses. Any class can use any gear, there is no level requirement. Weapons are class specific.

Gold is not tradable directly, and it is inefficient to buy items with pearls for the purpose of selling them for gold, unless you're willing to spend a lot more than the average person.

Whether you use steam or not doesn't really matter, nor what server you decide to log in - what matters is whether you play on NA or EU.
New and returning players have 1 month access to Olivia servers, which offers higher experience rates up to level 58.99.
Your character awakens at 56, and unlocks a new weapon and new abilities. Even if pre awakening might seem boring, awakening may change your mind about a character.
I'd recommend playing various characters that you think may interest you - or check out some videos to see if you may fall in love with your first choice.
At least play until 57 before deciding that's the character you want to invest character specific pearl purchases in, as costumes, weight and inventory slots can be expensive.

PM'd--hasn't been on all day
still need --
Kokua
#6 Jul 18 2018 11:38pm
Gold: 20,300.00
Quote (ognomak @ Jul 19 2018 03:08pm)
PM'd--hasn't been on all day
still need --

:lol: sorry, we have very different timezones, and I happened to stay up extra late and slept in today.
Even if I'm offline, I fill any orders I received as soon as I get on and see them, assuming the items requested are all giftable.
If for whatever reason I'm unable to fill an order, I'll refund - though with nearly 75k pearls sold so far, not a single person needed a refund.
Responded to your pm ofc.
Go Back To Black Desert Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll