d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Could Someone Help Me Out?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 17 2018 06:18am
So my Vaal double strike does great.

Can clear up to t7 (highest map I’ve found)

Don’t lose much life, but I know I’m lacking resist.

I wanna say they are as follow in the defense tab:

And my damage seems to be lacking.
I’m linking my build so someone might be able to tell me what I can twink.
Iirc I have like 5.8k life, 6k armor, 9k evasion, and 4.5k DPS (which I feel is too low)
My build is also based on bleed damage as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yoGoobY/characters
Gold: 12,989.01
Jul 17 2018 07:32am
Profile set to private, but here's some general advice:

You need capped resists. The game is built on the assumption that you're only going to take 75% of elemental damage. If you're taking more, you are just needlessly hindering yourself.

I'd recommended not going with a bleed build if you're still new as they usually require substantial investment to become functional. 5k dps is not what you're actually doing, especially if you're focusing on bleed, but even so, your tooltip should be much higher. Is your skill at least 5L? Do you have damage/attack speed on your gear? How good are your weapons? Did you look up what gems are best for your build?

AFAIK double strike is a skill best paired with attack speed and dual weilding, whereas bleed is more focused on raw damage and 2h. It would also be helpful if you linked the guide you're following, and if you're not following one, go find one to follow.

This post was edited by MeteorKing on Jul 17 2018 07:33am
Jul 17 2018 07:39am
Quote (MeteorKing @ Jul 17 2018 09:32am)

You need capped resists. The game is built on the assumption that you're only going to take 75% of elemental damage. If you're taking more, you are just needlessly hindering yourself.

I'd recommended not going with a bleed build if you're still new as they usually require substantial investment to become functional. 5k dps is not what you're actually doing, especially if you're focusing on bleed, but even so, your tooltip should be much higher. Is your skill at least 5L? Do you have damage/attack speed on your gear? How good are your weapons? Did you look up what gems are best for your build?

AFAIK double strike is a skill best paired with attack speed and dual weilding, whereas bleed is more focused on raw damage and 2h. It would also be helpful if you linked the guide you're following, and if you're not following one, go find one to follow.

Quote (MeteorKing @ Jul 17 2018 09:32am)

Updated it so you can look.
6L build.
Weapons are dreamfeather, so my goal is evasion for more dps.

I still need boots / gloves upgraded and I have a helmet waiting for me once I get thecolors I need (it’s an evasion helm and I need 3 off colors for my gems lel
Gold: 12,989.01
Jul 17 2018 08:21am
Only your chest has an evasion on it, when it should be on basic every item you have. With 9k evasion and 2 dreamfeathers, you are only getting 40% increased damage. You want to have like 60k, minimum. Also, IIRC, you can't leech from bleed, so carnage heart is really not helping the build at all.

The best advice I can give you is to find a guide.
Jul 17 2018 08:28am
Quote (MeteorKing @ Jul 17 2018 10:21am)
Only your chest has an evasion on it, when it should be on basic every item you have. With 9k evasion and 2 dreamfeathers, you are only getting 40% increased damage. You want to have like 60k, minimum. Also, IIRC, you can't leech from bleed, so carnage heart is really not helping the build at all.

The best advice I can give you is to find a guide.

I have the crimson dance node which gives me the ability to leech with bleed.

So you think once I get my evasion gloves / boots / helm I should be good then?

Like damage should increase ten told?

My helm has 900+ evasion.

I’m just having a hard time finding the gloves and boots I want tbh.

Edit/ crimson dance isn’t the one that leeches with bleed.

Pretty sure I have a node that allows me to because if my life does go down it goes right back up as soon as I hit something.

This post was edited by D2Jomblified on Jul 17 2018 08:31am
Gold: 1,444.13
Jul 17 2018 08:39am
Quote (D2Jomblified @ Jul 17 2018 10:28am)
I have the crimson dance node which gives me the ability to leech with bleed.

So you think once I get my evasion gloves / boots / helm I should be good then?

Like damage should increase ten told?

My helm has 900+ evasion.

I’m just having a hard time finding the gloves and boots I want tbh.

Edit/ crimson dance isn’t the one that leeches with bleed.

Pretty sure I have a node that allows me to because if my life does go down it goes right back up as soon as I hit something.

your helm has 0 evasion
and LOL @ build/tree even using quest reward garbage jewels
Jul 17 2018 08:51am
Quote (Caulder10 @ Jul 17 2018 10:39am)
your helm has 0 evasion
and LOL @ build/tree even using quest reward garbage jewels

Read 3 posts up and I state I have a helmet waiting for me, which is the one I’m talking about.

The skill tree was done from a guide.

Obviously I’ve noticed it isn’t really optimal which is why I’m asking for help.

Any advice will be accepted and taken into consideration.

Idk why you’re being rude about it.

Edit: can’t leech with bleed at all, I guess I have so much leech that my physical damage makes it look that way lol.

So then what amulet should I be using?
Currency is not an issue so I’m willing to spend whatever.

This post was edited by D2Jomblified on Jul 17 2018 09:03am
Gold: 163,801.33
Jul 17 2018 12:30pm
Build sounds like shit honestly
Gold: 205.00
Jul 17 2018 12:43pm
i dont have the time to explain it all but your tree is a mess man
so many wasted travel nodes you could easily save 4-7 points adjusting your tree which would be very helpful for you
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll