d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Manny Machado To The Phillies
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.81
Jul 18 2018 08:09pm
Quote (Winlaw @ Jul 18 2018 08:08am)
Loool another DM thread backfiring

This is gold

LA Stealing DM's heart once again :P
Gold: 0.00
Jul 19 2018 01:14am
Quote (Embiid @ Jul 18 2018 10:05pm)
Philadelphia is a football city, that is obvious. No matter whether they're sucking or not, people always show up to support or boo the team. Different for baseball/basketball, then there's hockey.

It's not that they don't care about anything else, it's just that nothing really matters because the eagles won the superbowl and that can soften any blow.

It's like the Cubs winning the world series, you can accept the bears being shit that season etc

I mean you could really argue Philly as a basketball town overall to some extent, especially with all of the well known college programs with good basketball teams. There's so much basketball talent that comes out of Philly as well. It's just that the Sixers went so low for so many years while they tanked that they lost a lot of the buzz naturally and people fell off the wagon (except for us die hards). In the old days and in the Iverson era the city was just as big on the Sixers as the Eagles. We are definitely trending that way again now that the Sixers are good again, but for now the Eagles have the edge for obvious reasons (aka winning a SB).

But yeah, all the other teams had a championship and the Eagles never won a super bowl so that was easily the most desired goal. Overall though Philly is one of if not the most well rounded sports cities in terms of fan base support. I mean all four teams are beloved in the city, even fucking hockey is huge.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jul 19 2018 01:18am
Gold: 13,750.00
Jul 19 2018 07:40am
Quote (Sixers @ Jul 19 2018 02:14am)
I mean you could really argue Philly as a basketball town overall to some extent, especially with all of the well known college programs with good basketball teams. There's so much basketball talent that comes out of Philly as well. It's just that the Sixers went so low for so many years while they tanked that they lost a lot of the buzz naturally and people fell off the wagon (except for us die hards). In the old days and in the Iverson era the city was just as big on the Sixers as the Eagles. We are definitely trending that way again now that the Sixers are good again, but for now the Eagles have the edge for obvious reasons (aka winning a SB).

But yeah, all the other teams had a championship and the Eagles never won a super bowl so that was easily the most desired goal. Overall though Philly is one of if not the most well rounded sports cities in terms of fan base support. I mean all four teams are beloved in the city, even fucking hockey is huge.

because people in that trash town have nothing else to live for...
Jul 19 2018 10:51am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Jul 19 2018 09:40am)
because people in that trash town have nothing else to live for...

Says the guy that can't even afford standard turnpike tolls lmfao
Gold: 1,120.01
Jul 19 2018 04:25pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jul 19 2018 03:14am)

Nova isn't in Philly
Jul 19 2018 04:33pm
Quote (Greet @ Jul 19 2018 05:25pm)
Nova isn't in Philly

The school's in a suburb like 15 minutes from the heart of Philly.. how is it not? lmao
Gold: 1,120.01
Jul 19 2018 05:03pm
Quote (Schwarber @ Jul 19 2018 06:33pm)
The school's in a suburb like 15 minutes from the heart of Philly.. how is it not? lmao

The school is not within city limits, so what I stated was just a fact.
Jul 19 2018 08:49pm
Quote (Greet @ Jul 19 2018 06:25pm)
Nova isn't in Philly

Lmao it's suburbs right outside the city...

It's Philly
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll