d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Xbox1, Plz Help, Find App > Kinda Confused.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2018 03:25am
My girlfriend , has an app on her xbox 1, called HD online.
Clicked manage app, went to the app store, just to see if there was an update, and to read the app description ect.
really great app !

Well i wanted to get the app on my xbox1 too, although it seems like its no longer available for download.
I tried adding her to my party, and tried the ready to install section.

Is there any way to manually download/install this app?

( looking for any good movie app )
Gold: 9.87
Jul 15 2018 04:45am
I don't think so. I had this app too, but when i upgraded to a new xbox S and tried to redownload it was gone. After trying 10 others, I couldn't find one that was as good as that one.
Jul 15 2018 01:12pm
Quote (timmayX @ 15 Jul 2018 04:45)
I don't think so. I had this app too, but when i upgraded to a new xbox S and tried to redownload it was gone. After trying 10 others, I couldn't find one that was as good as that one.

yeah microsoft knew of its ( greatness ) and removed it from their store for future downloads.
There was a trick for awhile, that if you went into xbox settings, changed your country/region settings. and restarted the xbox, you were able to download the app.
but that trick is no longer available.

some are saying its available for download online, and you can put it on a usb stick and plug it into an xbox 360 or something like that and transfer the app over.
Gold: 91,680.73
Jul 16 2018 07:49am
Set her Xbox as your home console. Set your Xbox as her home console.

This works with games, not sure if it works with apps. I would be curious to find out.
Jul 18 2018 10:11pm
Quote (jlhromeo @ 16 Jul 2018 07:49)
Set her Xbox as your home console. Set your Xbox as her home console.

This works with games, not sure if it works with apps. I would be curious to find out.

works with apps, but not ones that have been taken off the microsoft market store.

basically you could activate dev mode for free in the past, so people were just making their own apps on xbox to stream on their favorite websites.
microsoft didn't like that because they weren't making any money on it, so they now charge you $ / year to be a app developer.
its like 100$ a year or something, but it prevents anyone from getting apps publicly.
Haven't found out a way to manually install the app besides doing a hard drive to external hard drive clone option, and then cloning the external hard drive to a different xbox's hard drive...
just a random thought / option, haven't tested.

This post was edited by conetopia on Jul 18 2018 10:11pm
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll