d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > A Zon In Classic > Trying To Play An Underpowered Char
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.33
Jul 18 2018 01:11pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Jul 18 2018 01:58pm)
Something a theory crafter could never understand, step in game and actually try to play your build.

I want you to post a level by level guide on how your skills are supposed to be distributed

I know my build works because I played through single player with it.

Please if you post, hashtag it with untested theory build. K thanks

Valk vs decoy is a play style preference, I prefer decoy, but have nothing against valk use

I have nothing to prove... but I guess a 400 post '16er wouldn't understand that. My build works for hell cs, you are right I haven't used it to solo the game hc and I can't be assed to do it. You literally posted the same thing I did with 1 change (CS instead of pierce) and called my advice terrible lol. Whatever dude you are a joke have fun gl.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 18 2018 03:55pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Jul 18 2018 01:31am)
Exploding arrow until a3 nm then java
Max CS and fury
Rest to plague
Get 1 into decoy

NN pierce for guerilla pvm

helpful post, thanks a lot. I would like to ask one more thing if you don't mind.

Should I be trying to grind exp in areas that are close to my level? Just entered A3 nm at level 38, but the Spider Forest is 46. Would you advise me to grind A2 until 45?

Gold: 20.00
Jul 18 2018 05:11pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 18 2018 02:55pm)
helpful post, thanks a lot. I would like to ask one more thing if you don't mind.

Should I be trying to grind exp in areas that are close to my level? Just entered A3 nm at level 38, but the Spider Forest is 46. Would you advise me to grind A2 until 45?

Nah, do your grinding in nm cs because it's the most efficient, the only reason to grind levels before that is if you ran into a problem area and got stuck or were needing a skill to level up

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Jul 18 2018 05:15pm
Jul 18 2018 05:15pm
Quote (vonhizzle @ Jul 18 2018 12:11pm)
I have nothing to prove... but I guess a 400 post '16er wouldn't understand that. My build works for hell cs, you are right I haven't used it to solo the game hc and I can't be assed to do it. You literally posted the same thing I did with 1 change (CS instead of pierce) and called my advice terrible lol. Whatever dude you are a joke have fun gl.

Discounting that as a small difference is where your argument fails.

When soloing the game there are things much smaller than that, that make the difference between life and death.

Plus your post was out of context to the question asked
Jul 26 2018 12:31am
Quote (SagittariusA @ Jul 18 2018 01:58pm)
I know my build works because I played through single player with it.

alright, i've been playing for a bit and ran into another question you might be able to help me with: Should I be using Javelins or Throwing Spears?

Javelins have a lower quantity but Throwing Spears require 65 dex. Is that dex req a drawback or is irrelevant because I'd want to get 65 dex regardless?

Other problem is, the higher level vendors have seemed to stop selling Javelins. This means I would have to be careful to keep repairing it before the stack runs out. Or is there a workaround to that problem I am unaware of?

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jul 26 2018 12:37am
Gold: 1.08
Jul 26 2018 02:29am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 26 2018 06:31am)
alright, i've been playing for a bit and ran into another question you might be able to help me with: Should I be using Javelins or Throwing Spears?

Javelins have a lower quantity but Throwing Spears require 65 dex. Is that dex req a drawback or is irrelevant because I'd want to get 65 dex regardless?

Other problem is, the higher level vendors have seemed to stop selling Javelins. This means I would have to be careful to keep repairing it before the stack runs out. Or is there a workaround to that problem I am unaware of?

style > stats
Jul 26 2018 11:44am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 25 2018 11:31pm)

For pvm use throwing spears for nm and hell
Gold: 16,742.00
Jul 30 2018 11:02am
Quote (Kayeto @ 26 Jul 2018 08:31)

Throwing spears look awesome:)
Aug 5 2018 09:31am
ok, worked the char up to 74 and would like to ask a couple more things:

A lot of my play time is spent running around waiting for Poison to kill a lit immune. Is this to be expected or am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to be trying to run by the enemies that take too much time to kill and focus on the stuff I can LF?

Should I be leveling in hell cs or hell cows? I'm mainly after experience. Both areas are the same level, but I don't know if there's some other key differences between them. Clearing CS takes more time than cows. The cows group up nicely for LF and there's no standard lit immunes

thanks
Aug 5 2018 09:12pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 5 2018 08:31am)
ok, worked the char up to 74 and would like to ask a couple more things:

A lot of my play time is spent running around waiting for Poison to kill a lit immune. Is this to be expected or am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to be trying to run by the enemies that take too much time to kill and focus on the stuff I can LF?

Should I be leveling in hell cs or hell cows? I'm mainly after experience. Both areas are the same level, but I don't know if there's some other key differences between them. Clearing CS takes more time than cows. The cows group up nicely for LF and there's no standard lit immunes

thanks

CS is a higher level and yields much more exp
Your poison skls should be getting close to max by now
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll