d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Blinkie The Pvm Frenzy Barb [1.14] > The Fun Way To Play Barb.
Prev11213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 668.30
Mar 26 2019 10:01pm
Great build,

I just finished my barb with faith merc today, and it's a very fun build. I used exactly the same gear outlined in this post.

But I was wondering what you guys thought about using dual eth death zerkers instead? With the faster attack speed and higher max damage, does it out weigh the death eth ettins higher average damage?

Also, what do u guys think about COH instead of fortitude? The extra +2skills, life steals, damage reduce, resistance, strength versus fortitude enhanced damage? And it also has +200% to demon and 100% undead damage, can allow you to change your gloves to something else instead of laying of hands? Or it would make a nice combination with laying of hands?
Gold: 67,621.00
Mar 26 2019 10:38pm
Quote (Bigsmokee420 @ Mar 27 2019 12:01am)
Great build,

I just finished my barb with faith merc today, and it's a very fun build. I used exactly the same gear outlined in this post.

But I was wondering what you guys thought about using dual eth death zerkers instead? With the faster attack speed and higher max damage, does it out weigh the death eth ettins higher average damage?

Also, what do u guys think about COH instead of fortitude? The extra +2skills, life steals, damage reduce, resistance, strength versus fortitude enhanced damage? And it also has +200% to demon and 100% undead damage, can allow you to change your gloves to something else instead of laying of hands? Or it would make a nice combination with laying of hands?

Fort has 300ed to EVERYTHING, coh gives 200 to demons/100 to ud so its inferior both ways. Only offers better resistances but at the cost of a large amount of damage. Also, plus 2skills to a barb thats already got a torch,anni,highlords, and battle command doesn't really bring anything to the table. Your shouts would barely be different, damage from plus 2 frenzy is like 40 total, and natural resist would get like 4 more resists. Fort hands down, all day ery day
Gold: 0.00
Apr 2 2019 10:14am
Quote (gel87 @ Mar 15 2019 12:03am)
I did my wsm version(with standard grief) , that way i dont need faith merc, i actually like eth reapers merc, its just chill to never bother thinking about immunes or dual immunes, and it kills faster in p8 due to the decreap curse. Im also at high ias when monsters decreap me :) a pride merc might be better, but i like the reapers :)

do you mean grief pb + edeath in cs? yeah i think that's the combo to go but it's my opinion and i might be wrong. there is a lot of speculation in this thread which setup might be best/fastest. that's why i would like to make a huge test --> chaos runs on players 1, 5 and 8 (200 runs each) with the following setups:

- the dual edeath ettin build presented by the author of this thread
- dual edeath ba, dual lacerator on switch, 4os +100 life armor with 4 x 15/40 jewels for maxspeed, might merc with pride
- dual grief pb, dual lacerator on switch, might merc with pride
- grief pb + edeath cs, +3 war cry javelins on switch, might merc with reaper's toll
- ebotd ba + edeath ba, dual lacerator on switch, might merc with pride
- eth stormlash + schaefers hammer (with ber or lo rune), +3 war cry javelins on switch, might merc with reaper's toll
- eth stormlash + eth stone crusher, +3 war cry javelins on switch, might merc with reaper's toll

unfortunately, it will take me a lot of time to get all the items...
Warn: 80%
Apr 2 2019 10:29am
Eni.
Gold: 1,110.00
Apr 2 2019 03:09pm
Quote (pobo2 @ Apr 2 2019 04:14pm)
do you mean grief pb + edeath in cs? yeah i think that's the combo to go but it's my opinion and i might be wrong. there is a lot of speculation in this thread which setup might be best/fastest. that's why i would like to make a huge test --> chaos runs on players 1, 5 and 8 (200 runs each) with the following setups:

- the dual edeath ettin build presented by the author of this thread
- dual edeath ba, dual lacerator on switch, 4os +100 life armor with 4 x 15/40 jewels for maxspeed, might merc with pride
- dual grief pb, dual lacerator on switch, might merc with pride
- grief pb + edeath cs, +3 war cry javelins on switch, might merc with reaper's toll
- eth stormlash + schaefers hammer (with ber or lo rune), +3 war cry javelins on switch, might merc with reaper's toll
- eth stormlash + eth stone crusher, +3 war cry javelins on switch, might merc with reaper's toll

You can also do pride merc on the grief + death cs, there is not many immunes in chaos i think, and zerk is decent if so.

This post was edited by gel87 on Apr 2 2019 03:09pm
Gold: 3,631.00
Apr 3 2019 03:48am
build is great ty
Apr 3 2019 06:14am
Quote (gel87 @ Apr 2 2019 10:09pm)
You can also do pride merc on the grief + death cs, there is not many immunes in chaos i think, and zerk is decent if so.

the idea behind going for might merc is that this is the only chance to get decrep because switching to lacerators or lawbringers when using wsm bug is not an option. but i think you are right when playing on players 1-3. monsters will probably die before decrep procs, especially with a conc aura.
ofc these thoughts about weapon choices on your merc only matters when you have a fortitude. many players do use enigma even on melee chars and if so, then the choice is always reaper's toll because you can place your merc and decrep will proc almost instantly.
Gold: 249.00
Apr 3 2019 10:37am
I havent played frenzy with 2 different weapons since 1.09 ( GF and lightsabre)
But I remember there was some problems with 2 weapons with different range adder.
When the weapon with the highest rang would attack first, the other weapon would be out of range and miss most of the time.
Is this still an issue?
Gold: 112.18
Apr 9 2019 10:41pm
I have been around since 2007, and wandered around blind in Barbarian builds until finding this one. It is hands down the best Barb build I have ever encountered/played. The relative affordability and availability of the gear is what sweetens the mix. Try it to the letter, It's a blast! Thank you.
ps - if you need a 3os PB, let me know.
Gold: 45.00
Apr 9 2019 11:37pm
Quote (pobo2 @ Apr 2 2019 07:14pm)

Lmao. Dont bother
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev11213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll