d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Increased Profile Size > 10,000+
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 7 2018 06:31pm
Quote (Japrone @ Jul 25 2018 01:47pm)
Use a blog to keep track of donations?

For example.

Quote (OverDoSex @ Jul 25 2018 04:03pm)
I'd approve of this if it were a customer perk, but not a server-wide addition. If every user innately had access to that much space it would cause more memory to be used unnecessarily, at least that's the thought process going through my head.

Having it as a perk would keep the volume low for the server, and keep those who truly want it happy. I know 10$ is a lot of money to some, I've been there, but if you're invested in the site to the point you feel the need to go beyond 10k (I might fall into that category soon), then another "subscription" shouldn't seem that otherworldly. You gain some other nifty things with it as well :)

Let me know what you think about my train of thought!
Part of me suggests it this way so that it could potentially fast-track or give this suggestion a fighting chance... as opposed to endlessly bumping for decades.

Maybe if this suggestion was in effect, otherwise you're left with a new post for every donation, or months in between posting to allow for enough new data to justify an addition.

I like the way you think, and you make a valid point. Would be a great addition to customer perks ;)

Thanks for the thought out reply, I appreciate your input.

Quote (CARTRACK @ Jul 26 2018 05:14pm)
this...so a no from me

Thanks.
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Aug 7 2018 06:53pm
Nope Nope Nope

This post was edited by D_urRRR on Aug 7 2018 06:53pm
Gold: 33,083.62
Aug 10 2018 08:26pm
well since it use to be 25k characters so it should have been grandfathered in <_< before they dropped it to only 10k... but id be fine with it being like a one time fee of 10-25+ dollar donation to the site for it to be locked in again and Not go away like the customer perks do..
Gold: 17.85
Aug 17 2018 10:23pm
Anything to enhance your D2jsp profile is always a good thing. I voted yes.
I'd actually like to see one or two extra HTML boxes (layouts) so we can add more things.
Didn't there used to be a calendar on there? I can't seem to find it anymore.
Gold: 8,740.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 27 2018 11:40am
Quote (Stories @ Jul 10 2018 12:21pm)
As of now our profile pages are limited to 10,000 characters. My suggestion is to increase this limit...

I've come to find that some members (myself included) like to use the profile page to keep track of things such as donations, item history, ect - http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=874704
For example, I have a section labeled about me, helpful links, ect, ect. At this point I have 9286/10,000, I tried to change the format of my layout and ended up with 11,000+ characters and was unable to make any more changes at this time.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever run into a problem with it being limited to 10,000 characters... Is this something that should be implemented?

I couldn't see this being cost efficient for non-verified users. Bigger profiles mean more server space which means more cost to the site. I did like the sub-suggestion of offering something like this to members who are verified, with it being disabled should you lose verification status. You should make a poll for that one :)
Aug 30 2018 12:21pm
Quote (Death_tous_all @ Aug 10 2018 10:26pm)
well since it use to be 25k characters so it should have been grandfathered in <_< before they dropped it to only 10k... but id be fine with it being like a one time fee of 10-25+ dollar donation to the site for it to be locked in again and Not go away like the customer perks do..

Yep, long long ago, maybe something we can get back ;)

Quote (Madmartigan @ Aug 18 2018 12:23am)
Anything to enhance your D2jsp profile is always a good thing. I voted yes.
I'd actually like to see one or two extra HTML boxes (layouts) so we can add more things.
Didn't there used to be a calendar on there? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks for the input, sadly the Calendar was removed along with the events section.

Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Aug 27 2018 01:40pm)
I couldn't see this being cost efficient for non-verified users. Bigger profiles mean more server space which means more cost to the site. I did like the sub-suggestion of offering something like this to members who are verified, with it being disabled should you lose verification status. You should make a poll for that one :)

A few problems come to mind with it being a "perk" for verified members. I like the idea, but not sure how something like that could be implemented, as the verified status only last for 30 day intervals would I then be forced to edit my profile to be within legal limits, would my profile be broken? Or as is now, those people with 10k+ characters are still able to have the profile as is (10,000+ characters) as long as they don't make any changes/edits, so again there is potential for this feature to be abused, some food for thought though, let's see what happens.
Gold: 19.05
Aug 30 2018 12:30pm
If anything, more media slots, 7 to 10 pls :thumbsup:
Aug 30 2018 12:37pm
Quote (Stories @ Aug 30 2018 01:21pm)
Yep, long long ago, maybe something we can get back ;)

Thanks for the input, sadly the Calendar was removed along with the events section.

A few problems come to mind with it being a "perk" for verified members. I like the idea, but not sure how something like that could be implemented, as the verified status only last for 30 day intervals would I then be forced to edit my profile to be within legal limits, would my profile be broken? Or as is now, those people with 10k+ characters are still able to have the profile as is (10,000+ characters) as long as they don't make any changes/edits, so again there is potential for this feature to be abused, some food for thought though, let's see what happens.

I don't know if this could be a viable option (not a programmer), but my thought would be:

- terms of use could be added to verified status indicating that retention of said additional space is reliant on maintaining a verified status with no gap.

- should a user not have autopayment enabled (if this exist - I believe it does) and they are coming up on expiration, I would think a system message could let them know that as a reminder.

- If the user doesn't renew, I would think that the next time they click on their profile, they should be offered the option to renew subscription, shorten their profile, or if possible, an option to revert their profile back to what it was before verified status automatically.

NOTE - until they address item # 3, the profile should be switch to invisible possibly?

Again - don't know if these things are even possible - just getting the wheels spinning in the brain ;)

I see it as a very smart perk if done correctly and all kinks worked out. People will get used to that sweet extra space and won't want to give it up. Profits generated ;)

This post was edited by CyrusTheGreat on Aug 30 2018 12:39pm
Aug 30 2018 12:38pm
Quote (Garnier @ Aug 30 2018 02:30pm)
If anything, more media slots, 7 to 10 pls :thumbsup:

I could get on board with this ;)

Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Aug 30 2018 02:37pm)
I don't know if this could be a viable option (not a programmer), but my thought would be:

- terms of use could be added profile to verified status indicating that retention of said additional space is reliant on maintaining a verified status with no gap.

- should a user not have autopayment enabled (if this exist - I believe it does) and there are coming up on expiration, I would think a system message could let them know that as a reminder.

- If the user doesn't renew, I would think that the next time they click on their profile, they should be offered the option to renew subscription, shorten their profile, or if possible, an option to revert their profile back to what it was before verified status automatically.

Again - don't know if these things are even possible - just getting the wheels spinning in the brain ;)

I see it as a very smart perk if done correctly and all kinks worked out. People will get used to that sweet extra space and won't want to give it up. Profits generated ;)

Food for thought, thanks for your input.
Aug 30 2018 12:39pm
Quote (Stories @ Aug 30 2018 01:38pm)
I could get on board with this ;)

Food for thought, thanks for your input.

Good luck with your suggestion ;)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll