Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 09:29)
Also playing around with a new Life Steal methodology:
- It is modified by the lesser of (monster difficulty %) and (101 - Your Level) for % effectiveness. For instance, at level 31, you have 70% effectiveness maximum. Normal mobs are about 30-40% difficulty, EPs are ~80%, Wells, and other special mobs (objectives) are 100%+ (LS does increase above 100%). This also has a minimum cap of 25% effectiveness.
- It cannot heal more in one shot than whatever the effective % of your max HP is. For instance, let's say you have 5% LS, effective at 2% (level 71, fighting a regular monster), it can only heal a max of 2% of your total life. If you have 2k life, that means it will heal no more than 40hp per hit. Of course, that means your hit has to be at least 2k damage, and the monster had to have at least that many HP.
- It continues to use if < 1 HP, heal at least 1 HP.
- It removes the variable 1% to X%
Also, some monsters cannot have life stolen from them. (Undead, etc).
It's pretty complicated math, so my apologies for a convoluted explanation. Perhaps others can break it down and explain it a bit better.
Anyway, this isn't for sure going in the final release yet. It seems to have a better net effectiveness than the current algorithm, however.
TL;DR: This is a buff to Life Steal without being insanely OP.
Let me make sure I got every part right.
Example A: If I am level 50 (51% effectiveness) and i am fighting against a normal non-immune creature (39% effectiveness) using 10% life steal and a character with 5000hp against a monster with more hp. I heal 3.9% aka 195hp per hit?
Example B: If I am level 67 (34% effectiveness) and i am fighting against a non-immune well creature (120% effectiveness) using 10% life steal and a character with 7000hp against a monster with more hp. I heal 3.4% aka 238hp per hit?
Example C: If I am level 87 (14% effectiveness) and i am fighting against a non-immune well creature (120% effectiveness) using 10% life steal and a character with 7000hp against a monster with more hp. I heal 2.5% aka 175hp per hit (instead of 1.4% aka 98hp) because of a minimum effectiveness of 25%?
Lol, the part quoted below also reminded of Final Fantasy 8."Also, some monsters cannot have life stolen from them. (Undead, etc)."
In Final Fantasy 8 the full life (revive) spell would kill instantly undead. If you used life steal (drain) against undead, it would hurt the player and heal the undead. If you used a heal spell on undead, it would hurt that creature.
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 11:22)
- Jubilance now gives +Experience every time you hit a monster, calculated as roughly Jubilance * Monster Difficulty %
With 2 jubilance, I'm getting about 64-80 xp per hit on regular mobs. Yeah, not a lot, but it adds up, especially if you're grinding it out!
Lol, that mod just quadrupled in value^^This post was edited by Superman on Jul 21 2018 11:32am