d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Server Rewrite Progress Thread
Prev1363738394047Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 60,000.75
Jul 21 2018 07:06am
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 13:57)
I'm going to make a change to the market at some point. I'm sure the solution won't satisfy everyone, but here is the problem and some of my current ideas at a solution:

- When items expire off the market, they sit there until you take them back onto a character.
- When a ladder resets, all items are marked as expired, and will sit there the same as above.

There is no purge happening on these, currently, so the tables have ~150k items, and 99% of them are expired.

The market is not intended to be a free storage mechanism!

With that in mind, here are a couple of solutions:
- At ladder reset, delete all items on the market that are expired from the previous season. This seems easiest, but most annoying because ladder seasons are highly variable.
- Delete items on the market that have sat expired for X amount of days. This seems most fair, because there's a known "get your gear before X" policy.

The reason this is required is I've been wanting to do a backend storage overhaul for probably a decade, but have been hamstringed by so much idle data floating around that will negatively impact any decisions on it.

Option 2 sounds the most fair tbh
Gold: 5,684.04
Jul 21 2018 07:37am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jul 21 2018 06:51am)
Would be a shame if this thread got closed and no more updates were posted for us.

This, please everyone chill

Quote (njaguar @ Jul 21 2018 07:57am)
I'm going to make a change to the market at some point. I'm sure the solution won't satisfy everyone, but here is the problem and some of my current ideas at a solution:

- When items expire off the market, they sit there until you take them back onto a character.
- When a ladder resets, all items are marked as expired, and will sit there the same as above.

There is no purge happening on these, currently, so the tables have ~150k items, and 99% of them are expired.

- At ladder reset, delete all items on the market that are expired from the previous season. This seems easiest, but most annoying because ladder seasons are highly variable.
- Delete items on the market that have sat expired for X amount of days. This seems most fair, because there's a known "get your gear before X" policy.

The reason this is required is I've been wanting to do a backend storage overhaul for probably a decade, but have been hamstringed by so much idle data floating around that will negatively impact any decisions on it.

I like 2nd option... with that said I need to clear my market place XD
Gold: 296.30
Jul 21 2018 07:44am
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 07:57)

Option 2 does seem like the more suitable choice here :)
Gold: 55,531.41
Jul 21 2018 08:35am
Quote (Cheeya @ Jul 21 2018 03:40am)
So many people have expressed their gratitude in the thread for his hard work rewriting the code. We players that have actually been around have not had a real active dialogue with Paul on the subject of LS in several years. So forgive us for being excited and asking questions/suggesting things to improve the game in areas he is actively working on. We don’t need a mini mod that joined this year telling us what to do thank you very much :)

Something we both can agree on.

And if I haven’t said it before, thank you Paul for all the upcoming benefits/changes you are making to ladder slasher! We are all looking forward to them
Admin
Gold: 22,278.79
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2018 08:51am
Playing with this now:
- Quick Draw now decreases the next attack time by 75% (from 50%)
Gold: 27.91
Jul 21 2018 08:56am
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 21 2018 09:51am)
Playing with this now:

:O
Gold: Locked
Jul 21 2018 09:00am
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 15:51)
Playing with this now:

Thank you for the updates !

Would it be possible, that QD to be as efficient as EE? that would be cool to have other types of builds without any EE and with the same result.
Admin
Gold: 22,278.79
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2018 09:29am
Also playing around with a new Life Steal methodology:

- It is modified by the lesser of (monster difficulty %) and (101 - Your Level) for % effectiveness. For instance, at level 31, you have 70% effectiveness maximum. Normal mobs are about 30-40% difficulty, EPs are ~80%, Wells, and other special mobs (objectives) are 100%+ (LS does increase above 100%). This also has a minimum cap of 25% effectiveness.
- It cannot heal more in one shot than whatever the effective % of your max HP is. For instance, let's say you have 5% LS, effective at 2% (level 71, fighting a regular monster), it can only heal a max of 2% of your total life. If you have 2k life, that means it will heal no more than 40hp per hit. Of course, that means your hit has to be at least 2k damage, and the monster had to have at least that many HP.

- It continues to use if < 1 HP, heal at least 1 HP.
- It removes the variable 1% to X%

Also, some monsters cannot have life stolen from them. (Undead, etc).

It's pretty complicated math, so my apologies for a convoluted explanation. Perhaps others can break it down and explain it a bit better.

Anyway, this isn't for sure going in the final release yet. It seems to have a better net effectiveness than the current algorithm, however.

TL;DR: This is a buff to Life Steal without being insanely OP.
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Jul 21 2018 09:34am
Woot ty
Gold: 27.91
Jul 21 2018 09:51am
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 21 2018 10:29am)
Also playing around with a new Life Steal methodology:

- It is modified by the lesser of (monster difficulty %) and (101 - Your Level) for % effectiveness. For instance, at level 31, you have 70% effectiveness maximum. Normal mobs are about 30-40% difficulty, EPs are ~80%, Wells, and other special mobs (objectives) are 100%+ (LS does increase above 100%). This also has a minimum cap of 25% effectiveness.
- It cannot heal more in one shot than whatever the effective % of your max HP is. For instance, let's say you have 5% LS, effective at 2% (level 71, fighting a regular monster), it can only heal a max of 2% of your total life. If you have 2k life, that means it will heal no more than 40hp per hit. Of course, that means your hit has to be at least 2k damage, and the monster had to have at least that many HP.

- It continues to use if < 1 HP, heal at least 1 HP.
- It removes the variable 1% to X%

Also, some monsters cannot have life stolen from them. (Undead, etc).

It's pretty complicated math, so my apologies for a convoluted explanation. Perhaps others can break it down and explain it a bit better.

Anyway, this isn't for sure going in the final release yet. It seems to have a better net effectiveness than the current algorithm, however.

TL;DR: This is a buff to Life Steal without being insanely OP.

I love that you posted the math behind the buff. Would be amazing to see the math behind other side mods like Critical Strike, Armor Pierce, Mind numb, etc. :hail:

This post was edited by PhiRip on Jul 21 2018 09:51am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1363738394047Next
Closed New Topic New Poll