d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Server Rewrite Progress Thread
Prev1353637383947Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,581.48
Jul 21 2018 12:50am
Hi Paul,

It has been some time since I have come back to gaming, it is great to see that you have taken more time to do what you are doing, considering a practical re-write is annoying and time consuming. It would be nice to see some of the changes in game ASAP, especially the last ones you have completed. Hope all goes well in your re-write and update.

Quote (CARTRACK @ Jul 21 2018 07:29pm)
THANK YOU!!!!

Ultimate spam! Don't quote to just state what is obvious to your mentality. Thanks in saving time and space by not replying.
Gold: 1.93
Jul 21 2018 01:30am
Quote (Bob888 @ Jul 21 2018 05:36pm)
This is really awesome information :D . I'm looking forward to seeing the update go live woot woot! How about that beta? Who would test it?

I will do testing if they need a hand :D
Gold: 433.48
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2018 04:43am
While you are at it, can you fix the decription ingame for the % charge abiltiies?
They still say "charges with hits taken" instead of "charges with damage taken".

In the current state the latter is the case.

This post was edited by Meridius on Jul 21 2018 04:54am
Jul 21 2018 05:01am
Quote (Meridius @ Jul 21 2018 11:43pm)
While you are at it, can you fix the decription ingame for the % charge abiltiies?
They still say "charges with hits taken" instead of "charges with damage taken".

In the current state the latter is the case.

"Charges with Hits Taken" vs "Charges with Damage taken"?

There is nothing to change:

= "you take a hit" (above 0 dmg) vs "you take damage" (above 0 dmg)

There is NO DIFFERENCE... I believe it should remain the same, it also means that you do NOT need to waste time on something that does not need amending and use that time to complete what you want to complete.
Gold: 433.48
Jul 21 2018 05:03am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 21 Jul 2018 13:01)
"Charges with Hits Taken" vs "Charges with Damage taken"?

There is nothing to change:

= "you take a hit" (above 0 dmg) vs "you take damage" (above 0 dmg)

There is NO DIFFERENCE... I believe it should remain the same, it also means that you do NOT need to waste time on something that does not need amending and use that time to complete what you want to complete.

a hit from 0 damage is still a hit, but doesnt charges the ability. This is highly misleading! The decription on the portal on the other side is correct.
Jul 21 2018 05:16am
Quote (Meridius @ Jul 22 2018 12:03am)
a hit from 0 damage is still a hit, but doesnt charges the ability. This is highly misleading! The decription on the portal on the other side is correct.

I agree that you would concede that a "Hit Taken" of '0' is related to a "HIT", but, are you certain that the '0' represents a HIT?, it could be a MISS... thus... a '0' is still a '0' whether or not the words chosen are "Hits Taken" or "Damage Taken" ... YOU CAN not TAKE DAMAGE if it is a MISS.

EDIT: "0" = "0"... even if u multiply it by 10 billion.

Quote (Def_Not_Tim @ Jul 22 2018 12:19am)
i dont think it was Paul´s intention with this thread for the community to discuss and argue change-surgestions(it is not a surgestion thread) i am pretty sure there is plenty of room for discussions outside this thread. paul is putting a great deal into rewritting and improving the game allready, why give him the impression you guys aint appriciate that ? to much NaCl

KEEP IT CLEAN, THANKS!

I agree... so why are you shouting this out with no quotes? Am I being disruptive? If so, I do apologise, I am only pointing out the obvious! Ummm, if you need some input to the previous debate with myself and Meridius, then just pm US... thanks.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jul 21 2018 05:22am
Gold: 4.80
Jul 21 2018 05:19am
i dont think it was Paul´s intention with this thread for the community to discuss and argue surgestions(it is not a surgestion thread) i am pretty sure there is plenty of room for discussions outside this thread. paul is putting a great deal into rewritting and improving the game allready, why give him the impression you guys aint appriciate that ? to much NaCl

KEEP IT CLEAN, THANKS!

Quote (Cheeya @ 21 Jul 2018 13:40)
So many people have expressed their gratitude in the thread for his hard work rewriting the code. We players that have actually been around have not had a real active dialogue with Paul on the subject of LS in several years. So forgive us for being excited and asking questions/suggesting things to improve the game in areas he is actively working on. We don’t need a mini mod that joined this year telling us what to do thank you very much :)

then keep it clean, then i wouldnt have to express my concerns.. there is more stone throwing than constructive conversations in here! i repeat, "To much NaCl"

it is kinda twofaced if anyone think they can say "thanks paul for your work" and then use that as their trumph to spread NaCl and negativity!

This post was edited by Def_Not_Tim on Jul 21 2018 05:48am
Gold: 254,315.00
Jul 21 2018 05:40am
Quote (Def_Not_Tim @ 21 Jul 2018 05:19)
i dont think it was Paul´s intention with this thread for the community to discuss and argue surgestions(it is not a surgestion thread) i am pretty sure there is plenty of room for discussions outside this thread. paul is putting a great deal into rewritting and improving the game allready, why give him the impression you guys aint appriciate that ? to much NaCl

KEEP IT CLEAN, THANKS!

So many people have expressed their gratitude in the thread for his hard work rewriting the code. We players that have actually been around have not had a real active dialogue with Paul on the subject of LS in several years. So forgive us for being excited and asking questions/suggesting things to improve the game in areas he is actively working on. We don’t need a mini mod that joined this year telling us what to do thank you very much :)
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 21 2018 05:51am
Would be a shame if this thread got closed and no more updates were posted for us.
Admin
Gold: 22,278.79
Jul 21 2018 06:57am
I'm going to make a change to the market at some point. I'm sure the solution won't satisfy everyone, but here is the problem and some of my current ideas at a solution:

- When items expire off the market, they sit there until you take them back onto a character.
- When a ladder resets, all items are marked as expired, and will sit there the same as above.

There is no purge happening on these, currently, so the tables have ~150k items, and 99% of them are expired.

The market is not intended to be a free storage mechanism!

With that in mind, here are a couple of solutions:
- At ladder reset, delete all items on the market that are expired from the previous season. This seems easiest, but most annoying because ladder seasons are highly variable.
- Delete items on the market that have sat expired for X amount of days. This seems most fair, because there's a known "get your gear before X" policy.

The reason this is required is I've been wanting to do a backend storage overhaul for probably a decade, but have been hamstringed by so much idle data floating around that will negatively impact any decisions on it.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1353637383947Next
Closed New Topic New Poll