d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > Need Advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2018 12:13pm
I just bought my first house and just got everything moved in, it needs some repairs. I have always wanted a dog growing up and have lived with a roommate who had a German Shepherd. I found the perfect puppy, who is 10 weeks old. I would really love to bring him home soon but i'm worried about leaving him home alone too much as I work 7am-7pm nine days out of the month ( I work 3-4 days a week) and the other days I work a mix of 7am to 1pm or 4pm. My girlfriend can be there sometimes but she doesn't currently live with me and she works as well four days a week until 8am-5pm. Along with work, I will need to do some work fixing up the house a bit inside. I really don't want to pass him up, so has anyone raised a puppy while working full time and have any advice if I do decide to get him?

Thoughts are appreciated but no hate please.

Edit: Finances isn't an issue.

This post was edited by JRJ on Jul 3 2018 12:15pm
Gold: 3,100.00
Jul 4 2018 04:54pm
If finances aren't an issue.
Then find him a daycare center nearby.
Just do your research.
Or go to one of the many petsitter sites and do your research on a petsitter.
I'd list them for you, but iirc it's against jsp rules to link outside websites.

If you don't like that idea. I'd suggest against getting a puppy.
While some can be okay and it's a case by case basis.
Do you really want to take the risk that the puppy might get bored and hurt itself or pee/poo everywhere?
Adding to the fact that with most dogs, it takes work to teach them to poppy outside. It's just a headache you'd logically want to avoid.
12 hours is too long for a puppy to hold it.

Also I'd suggest against getting a dog all together.
12 hours alone is a long time for an animal.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Jul 4 2018 04:55pm
Gold: 420.00
Jul 8 2018 06:05pm
I'd personally say give it a try and hope for the best sir. :D ;) XD
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll