d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Black Desert >
Price Check
> Best Class For Beginners?
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jul 2 2018 05:33am
buying the game tomorrow and i wanna know whats the best class for new players (easy to handle and nice to farm stuff)
Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2018 08:49am
There's really no best class, especially when you're thinking PvE. Most people typically play what they enjoy, though witch, wizard, musa, and mystic are a bit more popular.
It doesn't take too long to get to 56, which is where you get awakening and unlock the better half of your character.
It's hard to judge a character before at least level 58, and there are benefits to leveling multiple characters anyways - extra daily fame gold for example.

I guess it's also preference based. Whether you like range, magic, melee, or a mix of any of them with either tank or damage focus.
Also, what character you think looks best. How things look and feel definitely changes your opinion about a character.
Every character has its pro's and con's, and updates / nerfs will change the meta every now and then.

I personally played Sorceress the most, and I love her awakening weapon & skills. I made her prior to awakening being released, and fell in love with her scythe when I returned.
I basically only use the basic wsad movement and lmb/rmb to fight, which is very relaxing for long hours of grinding. There are many attack combinations, some more complicated, and they vary for each character.

Gear can be swapped between characters, and there is no level requirement for items, however, different characters require different weapons.
There are a lot of ways to make quick gold early on to help you gear up. You can choose to follow quests, or jump between zones. For a new player, quests would be recommended.

If you're thinking of purchasing pearls, and have a focus towards PvE benefit, you'd want pets, weight and maids. Costumes do give a slight boost, but it's mostly cosmetic.
In order to effectively grind, pets will increase your gains, as they will automatically loot items for you. Less time collecting, more time killing, more loot per hour. You can have up to 5 of them at a time.
Weight will allow you to carry more without movement penalties, and maids will allow you to bank up to 100 lb per maid per 20 minutes. More weight/faster transport means less traveling and more gold and xp per hour.

I would suggest watching videos of characters that appeal to you, and see if their playstyle is something you might enjoy. Pre awakening and awakening may be completely different.
New and returning players have access to the Olivia servers for 1 month, which comes with an experience boost to help you level, and I believe it caps at 58.99.

This post was edited by Kokua on Jul 2 2018 09:01am
Jul 2 2018 02:51pm
Quote (Kokua @ 2 Jul 2018 15:49)
There's really no best class, especially when you're thinking PvE. Most people typically play what they enjoy, though witch, wizard, musa, and mystic are a bit more popular.
It doesn't take too long to get to 56, which is where you get awakening and unlock the better half of your character.
It's hard to judge a character before at least level 58, and there are benefits to leveling multiple characters anyways - extra daily fame gold for example.

I guess it's also preference based. Whether you like range, magic, melee, or a mix of any of them with either tank or damage focus.
Also, what character you think looks best. How things look and feel definitely changes your opinion about a character.
Every character has its pro's and con's, and updates / nerfs will change the meta every now and then.

I personally played Sorceress the most, and I love her awakening weapon & skills. I made her prior to awakening being released, and fell in love with her scythe when I returned.
I basically only use the basic wsad movement and lmb/rmb to fight, which is very relaxing for long hours of grinding. There are many attack combinations, some more complicated, and they vary for each character.

Gear can be swapped between characters, and there is no level requirement for items, however, different characters require different weapons.
There are a lot of ways to make quick gold early on to help you gear up. You can choose to follow quests, or jump between zones. For a new player, quests would be recommended.

If you're thinking of purchasing pearls, and have a focus towards PvE benefit, you'd want pets, weight and maids. Costumes do give a slight boost, but it's mostly cosmetic.
In order to effectively grind, pets will increase your gains, as they will automatically loot items for you. Less time collecting, more time killing, more loot per hour. You can have up to 5 of them at a time.
Weight will allow you to carry more without movement penalties, and maids will allow you to bank up to 100 lb per maid per 20 minutes. More weight/faster transport means less traveling and more gold and xp per hour.

I would suggest watching videos of characters that appeal to you, and see if their playstyle is something you might enjoy. Pre awakening and awakening may be completely different.
New and returning players have access to the Olivia servers for 1 month, which comes with an experience boost to help you level, and I believe it caps at 58.99.

wow thx for this small "guide". i will definitely play on olivia first.
im thinking about striker char for the beginning because i enjoyed playing brawler in tera
Gold: 0.30
Jul 3 2018 03:04pm
I main striker and they're very fun imho. They got a bit of a hit recvently with the pvp changes, but still overal pretty fun! :D I'm 61 now and loving it.
Gold: 100.00
Jul 21 2018 04:30pm
Been a ninja since day 1. Never looked back
Gold: 3,902.50
Jul 22 2018 01:34pm
Im 61 striker, best character imo the fists are epic it feels nice when i hit my enemys with those fists
Jul 23 2018 04:45pm
both of you idiot strikers duel me
Gold: 4,005.00
Jul 24 2018 12:02pm
I'm a softcapped DK, it's fun as shit
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Aug 3 2018 10:01am
259/302 zerk here

all ez
Aug 3 2018 05:39pm
Quote (iripinmypants @ Aug 3 2018 11:01am)
259/302 zerk here

all ez

Pm me ign for slam
Go Back To Black Desert Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll