d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Jagex's Failings: When Qol Goes Too Far? > "it's Not A Bug, It's A Feature"
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 22 2018 10:33am
Quote (Ididitfortehlulz @ Jun 22 2018 11:32am)
Waaahhhhh

haha good post my friend
Gold: 1,001.00
Jun 22 2018 12:10pm
Quote (Jupe @ Jun 22 2018 04:51am)
(taken from http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78798572&f=267)

I'd like to take this moment of time to talk about a subject very near and dear to me: this terrible community and its incompetent development team. Ever since the other day when I saw a nice clip of that fox dude dying (still makes me laugh) it made me sick. Am I the only one who is bothered by these appalling, obvious bug abuse meta strategies that are both abhorrent and obnoxious, which jagex simply refuses to fix? Like, who the fuck in their right mind thinks its okay to use a special attack on a boss, regen your special attack thanks to some trash mechanic, do this another 99 times, and then kill the boss. And here, let me talk about this garbage mechanic.

Does anyone remember when they introduced that horrid clan wars update? Where they included a portal just magically regenerated all your stats? Yeah, that was absolutely shortsighted; nothing in the game ever did anything like that and the most similar mechanic would be the castle wars portal. But guess what? The castle wars portal only regenerated your hitpoints; it didn't regen prayer, it didn't regen run energy, it didn't regen special attack, it didn't regen your stats, and you couldn't bring non-combat items into it. So with this, these incompetent devs created an entirely new meme mechanic osrs never had (not even rs3 has it, think about that for a second). What comes next? They decide to make an even more convenient way to perform this ability they introduced accidentally instead of just fixing the portal? 'Haha, no its fine its barred behind high construction!' No, that's still terrible reasoning, that's still a terrible decision.

Anyway, here we are now, with this laughable mechanic that's being abused in the most obvious way, yet they have done nothing about it whatsoever. If you don't know why they haven't, let me just explain that to you. It's because of this simple-minded community and its childish focus on streaming. They don't want to touch this obnoxious meta because all these ghastly streamers are using it, and it would just cause a ton of backlash.

Even worse, there are brain dead peons who defend this (a big personal middle finger from me to you). 'haha well if it didn't work this way ironman wouldn't be able to do it!' You mean to tell me a group boss a GROUP BOSS wasn't made to be soloed? Holy shit, unbelievable! 'haha well jagex hasn't done anything why shouldn't we do it'. You know, that's not even a wrong statement, but it doesn't make you any less of an obvious bug abusing SHITTER. (perhaps oversight is more appropriate to use here since the devs are inept). But once again it comes to the community being a bunch of morons who just want everything handed to them.

Besides this, it's not even one of the most obvious widespread bug abuses that this mediocre game is subject to, that the deplorable devs refuse to fix. Karambwan anyone? They fixed that in the live game because it was an oversight, they obviously didn't mean to let you eat it with no delay, and that's why it was fixed. But on osrs? 'No jagex don't fix it its part of how the game is'. These shitters defending this bug abuse just because its useful to them, disgusting. I even remember Jagex deciding to address and it and coming up with some absolute bullshit excuse like 'Oh well, if we nerfed it now they wouldn't really be worth anything'. L O L. Hey guys if we fix this bug this food that bots buy and sell to you won't be worth much anymore :(.

The absolute state of this awful game and its feeble developers. When osrs came out and it came to 'players deciding everything', it sounded like a great idea. Look where we are now. This is the point where I would say 'gamers rise up', but the people who are playing this game are not even worthy of being called gamers. They're children, fucking children.

The game's updates are based on the player's votes.... so it's not gonnna get any harder lmao. I guess they could balance this by release harder content? But the game engine is so primitive and clunky... for example when you run, you teleport 2 squares away, the game never registers that you were ever on the first square.... I'm interested in more content like the theater of blood and raids 1.
Jun 22 2018 12:56pm
Quote (chrisdude112 @ Jun 22 2018 01:10pm)
The game's updates are based on the player's votes.... so it's not gonnna get any harder lmao. I guess they could balance this by release harder content? But the game engine is so primitive and clunky... for example when you run, you teleport 2 squares away, the game never registers that you were ever on the first square.... I'm interested in more content like the theater of blood and raids 1.

You have a point there
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2018 11:07pm
nmz isnt a joke, there were methods before and still are that are better than nmz, yes dhing might be the one exception cause its safer and easier than MM gorillas
Jun 22 2018 11:15pm
Quote (Greegor @ Jun 23 2018 12:07am)
nmz isnt a joke, there were methods before and still are that are better than nmz, yes dhing might be the one exception cause its safer and easier than MM gorillas

Eh? I don't think people who don't have a favorable view of nmz do so particularly because its the 'best xp'. It's quite obvious why people don't like it.
Gold: 156,356.68
Jun 22 2018 11:22pm
:ph34r:
Gold: 1,001.00
Jun 22 2018 11:47pm
Quote (Greegor @ Jun 23 2018 12:07am)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

False. Let me use my overload potions @ mm gorillas. You're a gorilla.
Jun 22 2018 11:49pm
Quote (chrisdude112 @ Jun 23 2018 12:47am)
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

False. Let me use my overload potions @ mm gorillas. You're a gorilla.

I also vaguely remember people using some crazy strategies with multiple players in rumble mode and using a d2h for big combat xp/hr, though I can't attest to its truth.

also lol'd hard at bold
Gold: 70,100.00
Jun 22 2018 11:52pm
Reset the hiscores

Then we race again.

Abiut the only way to make it fun and more active imo

But they have sdmm now soooooo

Resets economy starts everyone fresh brings back competetiveness
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll