d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Jagex's Failings: When Qol Goes Too Far? > "it's Not A Bug, It's A Feature"
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 22 2018 03:51am
(taken from http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78798572&f=267)

I'd like to take this moment of time to talk about a subject very near and dear to me: this terrible community and its incompetent development team. Ever since the other day when I saw a nice clip of that fox dude dying (still makes me laugh) it made me sick. Am I the only one who is bothered by these appalling, obvious bug abuse meta strategies that are both abhorrent and obnoxious, which jagex simply refuses to fix? Like, who the fuck in their right mind thinks its okay to use a special attack on a boss, regen your special attack thanks to some trash mechanic, do this another 99 times, and then kill the boss. And here, let me talk about this garbage mechanic.

Does anyone remember when they introduced that horrid clan wars update? Where they included a portal just magically regenerated all your stats? Yeah, that was absolutely shortsighted; nothing in the game ever did anything like that and the most similar mechanic would be the castle wars portal. But guess what? The castle wars portal only regenerated your hitpoints; it didn't regen prayer, it didn't regen run energy, it didn't regen special attack, it didn't regen your stats, and you couldn't bring non-combat items into it. So with this, these incompetent devs created an entirely new meme mechanic osrs never had (not even rs3 has it, think about that for a second). What comes next? They decide to make an even more convenient way to perform this ability they introduced accidentally instead of just fixing the portal? 'Haha, no its fine its barred behind high construction!' No, that's still terrible reasoning, that's still a terrible decision.

Anyway, here we are now, with this laughable mechanic that's being abused in the most obvious way, yet they have done nothing about it whatsoever. If you don't know why they haven't, let me just explain that to you. It's because of this simple-minded community and its childish focus on streaming. They don't want to touch this obnoxious meta because all these ghastly streamers are using it, and it would just cause a ton of backlash.

Even worse, there are brain dead peons who defend this (a big personal middle finger from me to you). 'haha well if it didn't work this way ironman wouldn't be able to do it!' You mean to tell me a group boss a GROUP BOSS wasn't made to be soloed? Holy shit, unbelievable! 'haha well jagex hasn't done anything why shouldn't we do it'. You know, that's not even a wrong statement, but it doesn't make you any less of an obvious bug abusing SHITTER. (perhaps oversight is more appropriate to use here since the devs are inept). But once again it comes to the community being a bunch of morons who just want everything handed to them.

Besides this, it's not even one of the most obvious widespread bug abuses that this mediocre game is subject to, that the deplorable devs refuse to fix. Karambwan anyone? They fixed that in the live game because it was an oversight, they obviously didn't mean to let you eat it with no delay, and that's why it was fixed. But on osrs? 'No jagex don't fix it its part of how the game is'. These shitters defending this bug abuse just because its useful to them, disgusting. I even remember Jagex deciding to address and it and coming up with some absolute bullshit excuse like 'Oh well, if we nerfed it now they wouldn't really be worth anything'. L O L. Hey guys if we fix this bug this food that bots buy and sell to you won't be worth much anymore :(.

The absolute state of this awful game and its feeble developers. When osrs came out and it came to 'players deciding everything', it sounded like a great idea. Look where we are now. This is the point where I would say 'gamers rise up', but the people who are playing this game are not even worthy of being called gamers. They're children, fucking children.

This post was edited by Jupe on Jun 22 2018 04:12am
Gold: 300.00
Jun 22 2018 05:25am
droppin truth bombs left and right
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 22 2018 06:02am
Please offer a tldr version
Jun 22 2018 06:11am
Quote (Scepticle @ Jun 22 2018 07:02am)
Please offer a tldr version

here's your tl;dr, punk
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 22 2018 06:48am
Quote (Jupe @ Jun 22 2018 07:11am)
here's your tl;dr, punk
https://i.imgur.com/bBdkpFm.jpg

You attached a picture of yourself Jupe.
Silly boy :bonk:
Gold: 23,031.19
Jun 22 2018 06:57am
Knob head that you? Anyways. I agree ish. Games become a lot easier than what runescape was growing up. But honestly it dont bug me too much. Just a means of ironmen gettin things done for better loot. Stuff. I only read about half before my brain shut off sorry jupey

As an edit. I used to use whip special while training when i was young thinkin it surely had to do something cool. Now i got a tooltip telling me i was a special child

This post was edited by violence1252 on Jun 22 2018 06:59am
Gold: 0.16
Jun 22 2018 06:59am
jupe i really appreciate your posts but i can never read them
xD
Jun 22 2018 07:09am
Quote (Scepticle @ Jun 22 2018 07:48am)
You attached a picture of yourself Jupe.
Silly boy :bonk:

never reply to me again

Quote (violence1252 @ Jun 22 2018 07:57am)
Knob head that you? Anyways. I agree ish. Games become a lot easier than what runescape was growing up. But honestly it dont bug me too much. Just a means of ironmen gettin things done for better loot. Stuff. I only read about half before my brain shut off sorry jupey

As an edit. I used to use whip special while training when i was young thinkin it surely had to do something cool. Now i got a tooltip telling me i was a special child

I appreciate your effort my friend! However, the topic at hand is not on whether or not the game has progressively gotten "easier" as some would say. I am simply addressing the point pertaining to the topic title and its description.

Quote (Doomfist @ Jun 22 2018 07:59am)
jupe i really appreciate your posts but i can never read them
xD

haha thank you my friend
Gold: 69.69
Jun 22 2018 07:16am
I wish they'd make a separate section for crap like this, this doesn't look like an achievement to me.
Gold: 49,142.00
Jun 22 2018 07:17am
Blatant troll thread is blatant

Nothing to see here boys, move along
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll