d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Dating Standards
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,495.80
Jun 20 2018 03:51pm
I’m looking for a wife and I’d like some input on what I’m looking for is reasonable. I have never dated or been in a relationship.

Here are the things I’m looking for
1. Must be a virgin (dealbreaker for me)
2. Educated (graduate degree preferred, bachelors is acceptable)
3. Should not drink, smoke, cuss, or do drugs
4. Age 25+
5. Not overly religious
6. Shares some common interests with me (gaming, travel, etc)

Are those reasonable in your opinion?

I’d also like to hear some of the things that you look for in a partner and things you would consider deal breakers.

Thanks!
Gold: 240.00
Jun 20 2018 06:24pm
You don't tell much about yourself. Are you smart and educated, do you do drugs, how old are you? What do you bring to the table and do your qualities make up for your flaws? Are you passionate about something in particular? Are you a naturally driven individual? What are your achievements?
Are you a virgin by choice or because nobody wants you?
Basically, do you hold yourself to the same standards?
I mean, what's reasonable or not is heavily dependent on whether you're a desirable human being and a reality check might be needed (no offense meant though, I don't know who you are, this is just a heads-up)
With this amount of information nobody can give you a serious answer on what to expect...
Jun 20 2018 06:39pm
Quote (Hanako @ Jun 20 2018 07:24pm)
You don't tell much about yourself. Are you smart and educated, do you do drugs, how old are you? What do you bring to the table and do your qualities make up for your flaws? Are you passionate about something in particular? Are you a naturally driven individual? What are your achievements?
Are you a virgin by choice or because nobody wants you?
Basically, do you hold yourself to the same standards?
I mean, what's reasonable or not is heavily dependent on whether you're a desirable human being and a reality check might be needed (no offense meant though, I don't know who you are, this is just a heads-up)
With this amount of information nobody can give you a serious answer on what to expect...

Yes I hold myself to the same standards of everything I listed above
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 20 2018 07:46pm
Other than being attracted to them, having the same morals are the only thing that matters long term. Youll find that the others wont make you happier over time.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2018 04:49am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Jun 20 2018 05:51pm)
I’m looking for a wife and I’d like some input on what I’m looking for is reasonable. I have never dated or been in a relationship.

4. Age 25+
5. Not overly religious

I’d also like to hear some of the things that you look for in a partner and things you would consider deal breakers.

Thanks!

You have criteria here that directly conflicts with each other IMO.

Virgin but not overly religious is a hard find.
And at the age of 25?! Sounds like you are searching for a unicorn along with all of your other criteria.

I had indian friends and it's in their culture to get married young and stay conserve their purity until then.
To them if you aren't married by 25 then it'll get a lot more difficul
to. You are then typically regarded as undesirable goods. You look like something is wrong with you.

I think your only hope of finding similar to what your looking for is within the religious community. And you may well have to settle for a partner with a lesser education unless you take the virgin thing out of the equation altogether.

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jun 21 2018 04:50am
Jun 21 2018 01:47pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jun 21 2018 05:49am)
You have criteria here that directly conflicts with each other IMO.

Virgin but not overly religious is a hard find.
And at the age of 25?! Sounds like you are searching for a unicorn along with all of your other criteria.

I had indian friends and it's in their culture to get married young and stay conserve their purity until then.
To them if you aren't married by 25 then it'll get a lot more difficul
to. You are then typically regarded as undesirable goods. You look like something is wrong with you.

I think your only hope of finding similar to what your looking for is within the religious community. And you may well have to settle for a partner with a lesser education unless you take the virgin thing out of the equation altogether.

Yes I feel like I’m trying to find a unicorn. Every lady I’ve asked has said they’ve had past sexual partners, average count seems to be anywhere between 3-10...
Also most women my age are married (or divorced) and have kids.

I don’t think sex is something you should do before marriage because it’s true purpose is to create offspring and shouldn’t be something you do casually for enjoyment unless you plan to have a kid with the other person and raise the kid together.

I know men don’t have a biological clock ticking for having children like women do, but I also don’t want to become a 40 year old guy dating somebody a lot younger.

I’m happy with my life currently and would like to find somebody to enjoy with and grow old together. I think I’m average in what I bring to the table: master’s degree, stable career with excellent benefits, doing well financially (everything is paid off including houses and cars and could quit my job any time and live just on investment income), no siblings, healthy, average looks. If I enter a relationship with somebody I have almost no baggage: no past relationships or exes to worry about, no debt, no drama, can just enjoy life and travel the world and eat out/shop, do whatever and then settle down and have kids. Wouldn’t have to worry about kid’s college tuition etc.

When I meet somebody that I’m attracted to I ask myself if I could see myself with her for the rest of my life.

So my ideals kind of play out like this
Virginity: she starts talking about ex’s or current relationship problems and I get annoyed. I find that women also seem distrusting because they’ve been cheated on or had other issues in the past such as abuse, etc. I would like somebody with a clean slate so we don’t have to worry about that stuff.
Education: there are successful people who didn’t go to college but in a lot of social circles if you get asked where you went to school and if you reply that you went to high school... eh.
Lifestyle: alcohol is bad for you, smoking is bad for you, drugs are bad for you, cussing is a bad habit, etc
Age over 25: I’ve just heard in general that women under this age are immature and/or crazy
Not overly religious: I don’t want to go to church, mosque, temple, etc. I don’t want to convert people to a specific religion. Religion is something created by man to explain the unknown, don’t try to rationalize your understanding of the unknown as facts. I think I’m pretty tolerant of all religions as long as you do you don’t try to force your beliefs on other people
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2018 01:38am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Jun 20 2018 04:51pm)

4. Age 25+
5. Not overly religious

Thanks!

Pretty sure a troll post, but someone else might benefit from this,
I would say..

Far too unreasonable.
To find all of that criteria, and for the person to have a personality that compliments you, you be attracted to her, and for there to be mutual chemistry just isn't likely. Plus, you have little dating experience, you should probably start dating then, it really is a skill set and an art in some ways. Some people naturally have it, but some others are completely clueless.

Everyone has quirks and flaws.

Forget #1, that alone will open you up to 90%+ more potential matches.
Educated, yes, but college degrees aren't always a perfect sign of a person being intelligent. But there are a lot of women out there with college degrees so, there are also a lot of intelligent women as well.
No drinking? How about no excessive drinking? A person that takes care of themselves. No cussing? At all? Seems a little ridiculous, person would probably be a little uptight.
Age 25+, that's fine.
Not overly religious. Understandable, the overly zealous/dominational partners just won't work out if you aren't that way as well, or it's at least very unlikely.
Some common interests are good. Though, It's actually kind of nice to date someone that brings some new things to the table sometimes too, that can challenge you. Most people will, there's no way you will probably like 100% of the same things so.

The list is a fair idea.
However, a better route would be to list more personality traits, appearance, possibly hobbies. Make a list of about 25 things, and select your favorite 5 or 10.
So for example, you could say something like, "I'm looking for a brunette woman, with a fit build, who has a great relationship with her family, loves to joke around, is health conscious, and loves her life, and what she does for a living"

I just think that's better criteria in my book.
It then gives you a template for what you are looking for, instead of blindlessly searching.
Though I wouldn't fixate on the list having to be 100% spot on, it will help you identify the thinfs that are truly important to you to find in another partner.

Best wishes.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jun 22 2018 01:47am
Gold: 42.32
Jun 22 2018 11:52am
Not unreasonable. just make sure you have patience and you'll eventually find what you need.
Gold: 4,966.59
Jun 23 2018 02:19am
Troll Imo.

Also quite immature, insecure, etc.

I never take someone who claims to be a female in their User Stats, is clearly a male. Which user proves here :lol:
Says here is over 25, but isn't in User Stats.
Can come and reply to this and say; they forgot to change female to male and add correct b-day. To which I'd say... "and you're looking for someone smart? cause you claim to be a catch for someone soooo educated and money wise"

Good luck with your Unicorn... they don't exist ;)

This post was edited by James84 on Jun 23 2018 02:22am
Jun 23 2018 07:52am
Quote (James84 @ Jun 23 2018 03:19am)
Troll Imo.

Also quite immature, insecure, etc.

I never take someone who claims to be a female in their User Stats, is clearly a male. Which user proves here :lol:
Says here is over 25, but isn't in User Stats.
Can come and reply to this and say; they forgot to change female to male and add correct b-day. To which I'd say... "and you're looking for someone smart? cause you claim to be a catch for someone soooo educated and money wise"

Good luck with your Unicorn... they don't exist ;)

Thx

I don't think I'm particularly looking for a unicorn in terms of hotness.

Per the above chart I think what I'm looking for is
Crazy scale: 0-1
Hot scale: 5-10
I'm assuming anything below 5 means they're obese, have deformities, etc...

If I were to rate myself per the chart above
Wealth: 6
Hot: 5

So I think ideally I'd be able to find an average looking (5-6 on hot scale) non-crazy (0-1) girl that would match all the things I'm looking for.

Quote (l_l_l @ Jun 22 2018 12:52pm)
Not unreasonable. just make sure you have patience and you'll eventually find what you need.

Go Back To Love Line Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll