d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Breaking: Trump Signs Executive Order To.. > Keep Families Together At Border
Prev117181920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 22 2018 07:52am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 22 Jun 2018 14:26)
Obama did catch and release, which was much worse

trump cultists: 'trump won the election, move on.'
also trump cultists: 'b-b-but obama... and hillary!'
Gold: 57.00
Jun 22 2018 09:17am
Quote (Goomshill @ 22 Jun 2018 05:03)

Bbc reported it too. About all the confirmation one needs about this #fakenews affair

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44578339

Migrant families separation poster girl 'not taken from mum'
The photo helped secure $17m (£13m) in donations from hundreds of thousands of people on a Facebook fundraiser
Mr Valera said Ms Sanchez and their daughter had left the Honduran city of Puerto Cortes without telling him or the couple's three other children.
Mr Valera told Reuters: "If they are deported, that is OK as long as they do not leave the child without her mother. I am waiting to see what happens with them."

He told the Daily Mail he understands Ms Sanchez paid $6,000 (£4,500) to a smuggler to get her across the border

whats more funny is facebook got lefties to donate $18mm cuz of this :rofl: that money will pay for a lot of administrative overhead at whatever company took it in.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 22 2018 09:23am
Quote (fender @ Jun 22 2018 09:52am)
trump cultists: 'trump won the election, move on.'
also trump cultists:'b-b-but obama... and hillary!'

Triggered by facts again

Better luck next time goebbels
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 22 2018 09:25am
http://wgme.com/news/local/report-democrat-running-for-us-senate-arrested-in-texas

"how can we keep our outrage machine going after Trump defanged our main talking point"

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 22 2018 09:25am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 22 2018 09:34am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 22 2018 09:25am)
http://wgme.com/news/local/report-democrat-running-for-us-senate-arrested-in-texas

"how can we keep our outrage machine going after Trump defanged our main talking point"

i respect smart pivots, and i respect smart non-pivots. dems have few options given Trump's EO, vague tho it was.

1. call for catch and release, slippery slope as that leads to MORE catch and release and likely open borders logic
2. give trump credit, move to another issue, aka lose
3. ignore that trump's EO has any effect and just continue to spotlight anecdotal evidence or hearsay.

if i was running the DNC i'd choose 3 also.
Jun 22 2018 09:38am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 22 2018 09:34am)
i respect smart pivots, and i respect smart non-pivots. dems have few options given Trump's EO, vague tho it was.

1. call for catch and release, slippery slope as that leads to MORE catch and release and likely open borders logic
2. give trump credit, move to another issue, aka lose
3. ignore that trump's EO has any effect and just continue to spotlight anecdotal evidence or hearsay.

if i was running the DNC i'd choose 3 also.

I doubt "Park your vehicles to obstruct entrances to child shelters in a stunt to get yourself arrested" was high on the list, but I guess it could fold into the umbrella of 3.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 22 2018 09:45am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 22 2018 09:38am)
I doubt "Park your vehicles to obstruct entrances to child shelters in a stunt to get yourself arrested" was high on the list, but I guess it could fold into the umbrella of 3.

we're talking about a support base that largely doesn't agree with or care about illegally entering the country. i don't think the minor traffic violation is what they're going to focus on with a headline that includes "trying to bring blankets, toys, and food to children." but i wish the right much success in focusing on a 12$ parking ticket. :rofl:
Gold: 57.00
Jun 22 2018 07:36pm
Quote (excellence @ 22 Jun 2018 11:17)
Bbc reported it too. About all the confirmation one needs about this #fakenews affair

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44578339

Migrant families separation poster girl 'not taken from mum'

whats more funny is facebook got lefties to donate $18mm cuz of this :rofl: that money will pay for a lot of administrative overhead at whatever company took it in.

lmfao
Jun 23 2018 01:38am
So where did this story come from? Why was everyone screaming about immigration suddenly 70+ days into a policy change, decades into an unresolved border 'crisis'. Now with Trump amending his policy, they don't even have any change to complain about, they're shouting just about the unresolved state of immigration at the border same as its been under presidents going back to the 1980s. Lets remember that one week ago, we were talking about North Korea and the IG report. Two big topics that were casting Trump in a positive light and giving him good press. Then the entire media abruptly swerved into covering immigration with zero proximate spark. Its not like we had another school shooting and everyone talked about gun control- there was no event. It was just suddenly every media organization is trying to report on the same issue chosen out of a hat, based on changed that occurred months ago.

I've always been skeptical of the cultist's conspiracy theories, but if you told me George Soros instructed the media outlets he controls to stir up enough headlines to set the ball rolling and wipe Trump's good stories away with a news cycle of crying children to rile up the democratic base, I'd believe it this time around. I cannot accept that this suddenly abrupt shift in the news was not by design. Someone was behind this all. I am not a believer in spontaneous genesis.
Gold: 1.93
Jun 23 2018 01:58am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 23 2018 06:38pm)
So where did this story come from? Why was everyone screaming about immigration suddenly 70+ days into a policy change, decades into an unresolved border 'crisis'. Now with Trump amending his policy, they don't even have any change to complain about, they're shouting just about the unresolved state of immigration at the border same as its been under presidents going back to the 1980s. Lets remember that one week ago, we were talking about North Korea and the IG report. Two big topics that were casting Trump in a positive light and giving him good press. Then the entire media abruptly swerved into covering immigration with zero proximate spark. Its not like we had another school shooting and everyone talked about gun control- there was no event. It was just suddenly every media organization is trying to report on the same issue chosen out of a hat, based on changed that occurred months ago.

I've always been skeptical of the cultist's conspiracy theories, but if you told me George Soros instructed the media outlets he controls to stir up enough headlines to set the ball rolling and wipe Trump's good stories away with a news cycle of crying children to rile up the democratic base, I'd believe it this time around. I cannot accept that this suddenly abrupt shift in the news was not by design. Someone was behind this all. I am not a believer in spontaneous genesis.

Trump just backflipped on north korea again.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev117181920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll