d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Need Weight Loss/diet Advice > 220lbs -> 190lbs
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jun 12 2018 04:51pm
Hey all, I am starting a diet to get from 220lbs to 190 lbs due to personal reasons and i need to reach this goal by middle August. I have started eating healthier by doing ketosis diet but the limited foods are killing me and I've only been doing this since Saturday and have went from 220 to 216 though thangs mostly bloated/water weight. I want to stick to a diet where I can eat a decent variety of foods while staying under my calories and macros I've created.

Currently I'm 28/m/216lbs and eating around 1750 calories daily to lose weight.

I'm not exactly sure what my macros should be for carbs fat and protein. I know staying under the calories is the main thing but I dont want to be pounding down to much if one thing.

I'm looking for someone who can kind of guide me..or give me an idea of maybe what I can eat for meals that are healthy but also filling as well as my macro goals.

Please note I walk about 7000-10000 steps daily at work so that gives me a decent amount of exercise daily
Gold: 32,090.31
Jun 12 2018 06:36pm
Just eat a lot of protein and stay at a caloric deficit eating whatever else you want.

Fuck keto. You're not going to last long if you're already struggling with the limited options for food.
Jun 12 2018 06:42pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 12 2018 08:36pm)
Just eat a lot of protein and stay at a caloric deficit eating whatever else you want.

Fuck keto. You're not going to last long if you're already struggling with the limited options for food.

Well I went to hard to start and it just sucks haha.. I'm going to stick to caloric deficit and eating mainly healthy stuff
Gold: 32,090.31
Jun 12 2018 07:13pm
Quote (Boxi @ Jun 12 2018 08:42pm)
Well I went to hard to start and it just sucks haha.. I'm going to stick to caloric deficit and eating mainly healthy stuff

The problem with "eating healthy stuff" is that people go way too hard and a few things happen. They start thinking other foods that they enjoy are bad and the cravings become way too crazy and they binge and then fall off the wagon. They get sick of eating veggies and stuff and then completely avoid them. Etc.

I would never tell someone to stop eating veggies, lean meats, fruits, etc. but you can't only just eat that. Fulfill small cravings daily so that they don't buildup over time and derail you
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2018 07:40pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 13 2018 01:13am)
The problem with "eating healthy stuff" is that people go way too hard and a few things happen. They start thinking other foods that they enjoy are bad and the cravings become way too crazy and they binge and then fall off the wagon. They get sick of eating veggies and stuff and then completely avoid them. Etc.

I would never tell someone to stop eating veggies, lean meats, fruits, etc. but you can't only just eat that. Fulfill small cravings daily so that they don't buildup over time and derail you

Well said, Keto is easy as fuck to fall off of.. And the relapses are typically ugly as fuck.. And you learn nothing from doing Keto.

Just take your time and discover a well rounded diet, allow for margins of error in your dieting, and exercise daily.
Jun 12 2018 07:53pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jun 12 2018 09:40pm)
Well said, Keto is easy as fuck to fall off of.. And the relapses are typically ugly as fuck.. And you learn nothing from doing Keto.

Just take your time and discover a well rounded diet, allow for margins of error in your dieting, and exercise daily.

Thanks for the input both of you! I have a pretty set diet of under 1750 calories which includes 3 meals and 2 snacks(Greek yogurt, small amount of nuts/dark chcocolate) and strawberries/banana. Meals are roughly 400 cals per and snacks round out the rest of the 300-400.
Is there anything I shouldn't over indulge in? To many fats and not enough carbs etc or try and balance them out while maintaining the caloric deficit
Gold: 1.00
Jun 12 2018 09:47pm
How about you eat less and work harder each week than you are now.

Much wow such difficult.

It's a mindset. You want if you will get it.

Please note that 7000 steps is not good exercise. That's what 5 k which is 25 mins on the treadmill jogging for a below average person proabaly.

25 mins of exercise is not decent if you're attempting to lose weight. He'll even if you weren't I'd say it's extremely subpar.

This post was edited by SBD on Jun 12 2018 09:53pm
Jun 13 2018 05:11am
Quote (SBD @ Jun 12 2018 11:47pm)
How about you eat less and work harder each week than you are now.

Much wow such difficult.

It's a mindset. You want if you will get it.

Please note that 7000 steps is not good exercise. That's what 5 k which is 25 mins on the treadmill jogging for a below average person proabaly.

25 mins of exercise is not decent if you're attempting to lose weight. He'll even if you weren't I'd say it's extremely subpar.

7000-10000 .. sometimes more..compared to the nun I was doing all day everyday at my old job I'd say an extra 10,000 a day is pretty good. I'm not looking to gain muscle for huge amounts of it all I want us to lose one or two pant sizes and get my weight down to 190 I need to be at 190 for personal reasons so trying to find an easier way to do that rather than going all hardcore as you put it and going to the gym every single day etc etc
Jun 13 2018 05:55am
Quote (Boxi @ Jun 13 2018 11:11am)
tel:7000-100007000-10000[/URL] .. sometimes more..compared to the nun I was doing all day everyday at my old job I'd say an extra 10,000 a day is pretty good. I'm not looking to gain muscle for huge amounts of it all I want us to lose one or two pant sizes and get my weight down to 190 I need to be at 190 for personal reasons so trying to find an easier way to do that rather than going all hardcore as you put it and going to the gym every single day etc etc

Although not being sedentary is a great indicator of health and future health, walking isn’t going to help with weight loss alone. I work with nurses that weigh 300 lbs and get 25k steps a day.

The solution to your problem is calories in/calories out. Find a good work out regimen and eat less. I’m currently 217 and working towards 185, there’s no question in the matter of if I’ll get there, it’s all about discipline and wanting something more than another.

E: And a jogging paced 5k isn’t 25 minutes, Jesus Christ.. That’s an 8 minute mile lol.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Jun 13 2018 05:56am
Jun 13 2018 06:03am
I'm curious as to how tall you are.
It'd help put things into perspective as to your current body composition and why you are trying to engage in extreme weight loss like this.

You want my advice? Your goal is very excessive. Depending on your current body composition, the max I would recommend (also ACSM's guidelines) would be a loss per week of 2lbs.
You are trying to do more than double that. It is detrimental to your wellness...

Tailor back your diet to a loss of 1-1.5lbs per week.
Also start at a wellness base of the following activity and then gradually increase from there:
-20 mins increased heart rate/day (not your work though, supplemental cardio activity)
-At least 2 days per week resistance training
-Stretch at least every other day

By doing this you will foster positive lifestyle changes and the gradual physiological adaptations that come with it.

You know, there's a state of thinking out there that I deem as being the "addict mind"--rush and crash/extremist mentality. It is a failure mentality.
Seek balance, always.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll