d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Personal Blog Edit Times > No Limit
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 11 2018 06:44pm
My suggestion would be to remove the edit times within the personal blog section.
I've noticed people having issues with the personal blog section when deleting blogs, this change my allow those people to edit the original blog instead of having to delete it.
I've also noticed some people use this section to keep track of various things such as donations, or item history, ect.

Here's one example - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78390157&f=276

It would be a lot more convenient if we (the community) could simply edit our post instead of having to add a new post each time we want to update the list.

Another example - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78498730&f=276

This post was edited by Stories on Jun 11 2018 06:52pm
Gold: 25,084.86
Jun 11 2018 07:06pm
Yea, I don’t see any harm with extended (or unlimited even) edit times in blog section. :D

This post was edited by Lpot on Jun 11 2018 07:07pm
Gold: 13,703.00
Jun 12 2018 06:53am
Hell yeah! It should be non expired to everyone to edit the first post to make it look cleaner.

Thanks for the shout out, Chris! @Stories

This post was edited by TrueChaos on Jun 12 2018 06:53am
Jun 12 2018 01:45pm
Quote (Lpot @ Jun 11 2018 09:06pm)
Yea, I don’t see any harm with extended (or unlimited even) edit times in blog section. :D

The idea I'm suggesting would be to remove the edit times all together, so "unlimited".
Not just the first post, but every post. I would like complete control over my blogs.

I've tried using this feature in the past and always end up deleting it because I can't edit my posts in the long run...

Here is my current blog - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78609476&f=276

I've used mine to keep track of my Sorceress on D2, had a poster made and updated my 2nd post with my setup/history for my items.
I've since changed a few things and now need to delete this blog and make a new one to update my blog as my initial post is there for my poster, and the 2nd post used for my item history.

Quote (TrueChaos @ Jun 12 2018 08:53am)
Hell yeah! It should be non expired to everyone to edit the first post to make it look cleaner.

Thanks for the shout out, Chris! @Stories

Thanks!
Gold: 1,702.69
Jun 12 2018 08:54pm
I made a blog to keep track of items and hated that it expired as a post and couldn't edit any longer. Agree 100%.
I haven't even made a new blog to update my history because I dislike making new ones
Jun 14 2018 05:20am
Bump

Quote (Aho @ Jun 12 2018 10:54pm)
I made a blog to keep track of items and hated that it expired as a post and couldn't edit any longer. Agree 100%.
I haven't even made a new blog to update my history because I dislike making new ones

Thanks for sharing, I had a similar experience myself.

This post was edited by Stories on Jun 14 2018 05:23am
Jun 15 2018 03:31pm
Bump
Gold: 2,181.60
Warn: 10%
Jun 16 2018 04:39pm
Yes, of course. Not that i'm interested in that section myself but it seems like an obvious thing that would make the forum better.
Gold: 35,133.00
Jun 17 2018 02:02am
It would be awsome to edit block unlimited times.
Voted Yes.

It has one problem, and thats calling it Blog.
I think there is not existing yet, because its important what an Blog is, the meaning of term Blog and a Bloger.

Blog you create once, about something you want to write about, and you write new posts there actively. There is no need to editing unlimited time your post because every post in a blog is just once.

So,

thats why in Blog section is clearly stated to read about Blogs first, than to create one and if you are not active anymore on your blog - its needed 50fg to delete it from Profie in future.

Your things like donations and editing First post unlimited is more like Notes, or some section where you want post some things you like and Edit it unlimited time and have it as an Section shown in your profile.
But im not sure this is the Blog at all.

But if Paul and Kevin in the future makes something like that,
Section in your profile like blog, but will be called diffetent, like Public Notepad where you can add Pictures or any Infos and edit First post unlimited times, I am for it and i want this :thumbsup:

So there should be an implementation called Public Notepad in your profile where Blogs appearing. Ofc name make user, how will call the topic/section.

Will cost 50fg to create it and 50fg to delete it from profile.
So every fun cost something or? :thumbsup:

Completely same system as Blog in your profile, but no limited in editing posts and no limited in Content -> ofcourse good manner rules d2jsp applied in here.

Only thing there important is maybe Control of this Public Notepad by Moderators, so people dont post there unapropriated pictures or writings but problem solved by Report buttons in posts, as it will be Public Notepad ;)

Should be called Profile Notepad or Public Notepad (i like profile notepad) ofcourse final name will be on user how he will Name this section.

Section with same system as Blog but Unlimited time on editing posts. And same system as your Private Notes but it will be shown to all in your Profile.

Yes, there are Notes in your profile, where you can add any Video Images Writings and is called Notes.
But its more about Info about you, Info about User - Bio etc. and no notes about different things you want to be shown in theyre own section, and not in front screen of your profile, but in side where Blogs are actually ;)

Have fun guys!
Tom.

This post was edited by Hamm on Jun 17 2018 02:20am
Jun 17 2018 01:04pm
Quote (TidsL @ Jun 16 2018 06:39pm)
Yes, of course. Not that i'm interested in that section myself but it seems like an obvious thing that would make the forum better.

Thanks!

Quote (Hamm @ Jun 17 2018 04:02am)
It would be awsome to edit block unlimited times.
Voted Yes.

It has one problem, and thats calling it Blog.
I think there is not existing yet, because its important what an Blog is, the meaning of term Blog and a Bloger.

Blog you create once, about something you want to write about, and you write new posts there actively. There is no need to editing unlimited time your post because every post in a blog is just once.

So,

thats why in Blog section is clearly stated to read about Blogs first, than to create one and if you are not active anymore on your blog - its needed 50fg to delete it from Profie in future.

Your things like donations and editing First post unlimited is more like Notes, or some section where you want post some things you like and Edit it unlimited time and have it as an Section shown in your profile.
But im not sure this is the Blog at all.

But if Paul and Kevin in the future makes something like that,
Section in your profile like blog, but will be called diffetent, like Public Notepad where you can add Pictures or any Infos and edit First post unlimited times, I am for it and i want this :thumbsup:

So there should be an implementation called Public Notepad in your profile where Blogs appearing. Ofc name make user, how will call the topic/section.

Will cost 50fg to create it and 50fg to delete it from profile.
So every fun cost something or? :thumbsup:

Completely same system as Blog in your profile, but no limited in editing posts and no limited in Content -> ofcourse good manner rules d2jsp applied in here.

Only thing there important is maybe Control of this Public Notepad by Moderators, so people dont post there unapropriated pictures or writings but problem solved by Report buttons in posts, as it will be Public Notepad ;)

Should be called Profile Notepad or Public Notepad (i like profile notepad) ofcourse final name will be on user how he will Name this section.

Section with same system as Blog but Unlimited time on editing posts. And same system as your Private Notes but it will be shown to all in your Profile.

Yes, there are Notes in your profile, where you can add any Video Images Writings and is called Notes.
But its more about Info about you, Info about User - Bio etc. and no notes about different things you want to be shown in theyre own section, and not in front screen of your profile, but in side where Blogs are actually ;)

Have fun guys!
Tom.

You make a good point, I understand that a blog is intended to be used in the manner you suggested however I think if we made this small change it could bring more activity to the forum.
This also gives us more options/control over the things we post in this forum and also opens up the forum for other things/idea's.

Now if they chose to ignore my idea, and implement your idea instead (Public notepad) this would essentially be the same thing and I would vote yes to that too however I don't think we need an entirely new forums/section for this when removing edit times within the blog section would basically do the same thing, I'm certainly not the only person using my blog to keep track of item history, or donations, ect so why not just make changes in that section/forum.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll