d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Shaped Maps / Mapping In General
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,960.50
Jun 10 2018 06:21am
new player to PoE, been playing for a week.

After having read a couple of guides (I am sick of guides by now) I still have a few questions I would like to ask

1/ Shaped Maps - So farming them seems to be easier/faster than other same tier equivalent maps, I get that, I am running mainly t12/t13 - should I Alch orb and vaal orb these maps even when just farming for xp?
2/ I think I made a big mistake by completing my atlas up to T13 . As a result I am getting many drops of non shaped maps, what should I do from here? just run them anyway or delete those maps from the atlas (Cartographer's Seal)
3/ I killed the elder once, just to see the boss, but I feel I like mapping/clearing better. Is there any reason for me to do elder again?
4/ memory fragments , what do I do, if I seem to be stuck / not seeing any more blue highlighted maps in atlas to complete this? Just gain more and more elder influence on map?
5/ T16 bosses /shaper - what would I gain by doing them?

Thanks in advance

This post was edited by Goldbowser on Jun 10 2018 06:23am
Gold: 0.02
Jun 10 2018 07:07am
ye man u allways make the map white than u make it 20% quality justs costs 4 chisels... than u alch it and if u want u can vaal it but u dont need to...

about ur atlas u can make a map pool so u can farm specific maps that u want... or u can make a circle so u farm elder... its up to u ... i prefer a map pool ... becuse thats shit tons of currecy with selling the maps

memory fragments , mybe u finished all.. so theres no more... just ignore that... is more or less story part

well higher the tier of map higer ilvl items it will drop ... so doing t16 will give u max chance of best drops posible... but this is not the best way to farm... is based on luck a lot...

This post was edited by howas on Jun 10 2018 07:11am
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Jun 10 2018 12:59pm
Ignore howas before you make any rash decisions
Gold: 202.99
Jun 10 2018 01:24pm
1) Yes, chisel and alch. Vaaling can be good but it can also ruin the maps. It's up to you to decide really. I usually don't vaal my maps unless I'm hoping for a +1 tier.

2)if you only want to run the shaped maps then I suggest you remove all the maps that are the same tier and +1 above it.
You can complete everything up to the shaped map you are running. So if its a t13 complete everything up to t12s including all of the t12s.
This way every t13 that drops in that shaped map will only be that same map and all t14s that will drop will downgrade into t13. The boss can drop +2tiers so you can still get t15s though if you have any of them completed.

Again it's really up to you if you want to do this or not. I often just complete everything because its fun to do different maps.

3) elder has some decent drops (watchers eyes) but other than that it's somewhat of a pointless fight. Some shaped rares can fetch a pretty good price too.
Also if you want to try your luck with uber elder you have to do a bunch of elder before that

4) yes. There is no need to get all of them though unless you want to do uber elder

5) most items have their higest tier rolls only available at 82 (83 for weapons) and a few even as high as ilvl86 so top tier item bases can only be gotten from the highest tiers of maps.
Guardians and shaper are a fun challenge and imo the most fun endgame content that we currently have. Shaper also drops some uniques that can only be gotten from them and some of the are quite valuable.
For example dying sun and starforge. For what ever reason they are pretty cheap this league though. 2-3ex I think

Also to gain access uber elder you need to kill do the t16 guardian maps while they are influenced by elder.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll