d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > H&f Mental Health
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,090.31
Jun 23 2018 04:12pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jun 16 2018 12:28pm)
Long post, but worth it OP.

I've found to not be much of a fan of traditional tv or video games, I feel as if it can just suck time out if your day or schedule and hamper you from gaining in other ways. Not saying you can't do these things ever but they really are time suckers with little value other than just making you temporarily numb while using them. I avoid them typically these days. It's amazing how much more time you can have in a day to devote to other things if you avoid them. Actually, they have a very hard time just holding my interest these days compared to what they once did after moving onto other things.

The tv and YouTube videos I do watch are largely educational, in some way, whether that be with hobbies, questioning my beliefs/intellect, or in other ways.

For me, I love podcasts, and reading (mostly about hobbies or self-improvement). Learn about yourself in the process, what you're good at, what your faults are, improve on it and be aware of what they are. We all have quirks and faults.

I like learning. I find that I'm rarely ever stressed out, and if I am, i often bounce back quickly.

Further, being passionate about hobbies will help.
Meditating, or more specifically just asking yourself quality questions about your values and your life envisions.

These things helped me out immensely after I had some career curveball thrown my way, was a difficult time. I stopped working out, lost employment, stopped going on dates(i was just getting back out there after things fell through with a woman that i really liked), had to move back in with my parents, etc. Generally always knew what I wanted in life, had solid goals with plans on how to get there, but it all flipped on me and I really had to reinvent myself in some ways. I just stopped with everything, questioned everything. How I spent my time, what I wanted out of life, what kind of people I wanted to be around in life, what my new goals would be, new plans, etc.

However, overall I was always pretty positive and happy, despite how limited that time period was for me to be able to do more. I actually feel like I felt some of my most personal growth from that period. My current lifestyle is on a solid path to being far better, with a far better plan than it ever has been before. So I'm kind of glad that situation occurred. I thought I was strong before all of that occurred but after that, I feel even stronger. Strength grows through struggle.

Add on top of that, regular healthy eating and exercise.
I feel as if you'll be impossible to diminish.

Here's a quote that resonated with me during that time frame and it speaks absolute truth.

"In life and in relationships, sometimes things happen that you totally did not expect. It is not the things that happen to us that are necessarily unsettling, but the meaning we give them. The older we get and the more life experience we have, the better we tend to become at dealing with shocking news, lovers throwing us a curveball we did not expect, etc. Knowing oneself and learning to not come unglued, but instead remain centered and focused on our goals, dreams and outcomes is the key to weathering the storms of life without losing hope, our relationships or our happiness. Sometimes you will give your best, and it still will not be enough. Give your best anyway." ~ Coach Corey Wayne

Pretty solid m8

I too have given up gaming after I let it consume my life for so long. I tried to get back into it recently and it made me feel like I was just wasting my life away.

How are things going op?
Gold: 166.00
Jun 23 2018 08:36pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 9 2018 09:57am)
Take up something you don't usually do that can actually keep you interested.

I have sucked at art my whole life and this past winter I was so stressed out from school and life that I needed something so I went and bought an easel and some paints and just zen out doing whatever comes to the pad.

I'm obviously never going to make money for it or anything, but it's a nice way to get my mind right. Would highly recommend something like that.

GAY!
Gold: 1,803.00
Jun 26 2018 10:20am
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 23 2018 05:12pm)
Pretty solid m8

I too have given up gaming after I let it consume my life for so long. I tried to get back into it recently and it made me feel like I was just wasting my life away.

How are things going op?

Aka he sucks at gaming ;)
Gold: 0.00
Jun 28 2018 04:49pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 23 2018 05:12pm)
Pretty solid m8

How are things going op?

Thanks bud.

Yeah, I always get that feeling as well, I just feel like I need to be doing something else. Which, kinda prevents me from relaxing as much during it.
Gold: 108.01
Jun 28 2018 11:04pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 23 2018 02:12pm)
Pretty solid m8

How are things going op?

Reorganized some things in my life pretty much directly from what people have been saying in the thread and honestly I've been starting to feel a lot like my confident old self again. A lot of the advice has sort of reminded me of what brought me true happiness over the years even when it seemed like work. I started playing music again and have been talking to local organizers to start getting back into volunteering to play in pit orchestras to support local theater and honestly feels amazing. That plus as dumb as it seems taking the meditating advice to heart has proved extremely helpful as well. I was too busy feeling overwhelmed to sit down and reevaluate what my own goals are and if I was really working on those or trying to solve other people's problems. It made me realize there were some things that weren't even my responsibility to fix which meant not my fuckin' problem lol.

I'm thinking of following your guy's advice on cutting out video games as well, while they are a great distraction I always feel guilty after playing them realizing the amount of time gone for fruitless entertainment.
Gold: 10,057.12
Warn: 50%
Jun 29 2018 01:32am
Quote (LightClaw @ Jun 29 2018 12:04am)
Reorganized some things in my life pretty much directly from what people have been saying in the thread and honestly I've been starting to feel a lot like my confident old self again. A lot of the advice has sort of reminded me of what brought me true happiness over the years even when it seemed like work. I started playing music again and have been talking to local organizers to start getting back into volunteering to play in pit orchestras to support local theater and honestly feels amazing. That plus as dumb as it seems taking the meditating advice to heart has proved extremely helpful as well. I was too busy feeling overwhelmed to sit down and reevaluate what my own goals are and if I was really working on those or trying to solve other people's problems. It made me realize there were some things that weren't even my responsibility to fix which meant not my fuckin' problem lol.

I'm thinking of following your guy's advice on cutting out video games as well, while they are a great distraction I always feel guilty after playing them realizing the amount of time gone for fruitless entertainment.

the placebo effect is the most reliable effect in all of pharmacology and medicine
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Warn: 10%
Jun 29 2018 03:10am
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jun 23 2018 06:12pm)
Pretty solid m8

How are things going op?

Like doing What?!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2018 09:38am
lots of insurance companies cover insurance, especially in network for a copay. even out of network some cover some co-insurance. look into your health insurance
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll