d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Not Sure What To Do About My Girlfriend
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,152.00
Jun 7 2018 08:33pm
I'll try to keep it short for you guys..

Been with her for over 2 years and I got with her because she's probably the most loving and kind girl that I ever met. The issue that I have is that sometimes I feel like there's no future for us. As in like.. I feel like I'm the only adult in this relationship. I'm 25 and currently working a full time job that pays well and just got my first car, while she's 26 and just finishing up college. I pretty much had to beg her for her to get a job. She doesn't have her drivers license, or pretty much have any drive/motivation to do things that I feel like she should be doing as an adult. I think what I'm trying to say is that I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm starting to think about marriage but I have doubts about if she's the one. She also has terrible anxiety and depression so every time I try to talk to her about an issue (more recently her weight), she kinda closes herself off and doesn't talk or just cries. And it's frustrating because I'm trying my best to talk to her about these issues but most of the time it doesn't really go anywhere
Gold: 4,966.59
Jun 7 2018 09:18pm
Since you kept it as short as possible I will also do the same.

Option 1: Tough it out, due to her issues. Find a way to crack her and open up and try to make things better. Might take time, but it's up to you.
Option 2: You've evolved to a point where you're able to realize; she's just not worth it, you don't want to spend time helping her, she's not ready to change, etc. So, move on with your life.

Good luck! :)
Gold: 4.41
Jun 7 2018 11:49pm
If you've been at that propping up for awhile now, might be time for a break.
Being unreceptive is not really an acceptable trait, relationship or just in general, She'll have to grow out of that.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2018 06:33am
If your gut is telling you that she’s not the one anymore i would trust it.

No one knows you better than you, think about what you want/ expect from a partner. And also what you can and cannot tolerate in a relationship.

If she doesn’t make the cut that’s fine because you are growing and changing. Such is life, but at least make sure you are happy while doing it!

Keep us updated bud
Gold: 845.50
Jun 8 2018 04:43pm
Tough one Eric, can't help im an asshole.

Gold: 4.00
Jun 10 2018 05:24pm
Have you tried approaching her about her mental health, rather than the issues that it is leading to?
Things like having a job and a car are your preferences. It's not fair to expect her to conform her life to yours, so if that's too much for you, I'd suggest breaking it off.
If she is suffering from anxiety and depression, that's what you need to address.
Gold: 26,262.00
Jun 14 2018 12:53am
Quote (ringo794 @ Jun 10 2018 06:24pm)
Have you tried approaching her about her mental health, rather than the issues that it is leading to?
Things like having a job and a car are your preferences. It's not fair to expect her to conform her life to yours, so if that's too much for you, I'd suggest breaking it off.
If she is suffering from anxiety and depression, that's what you need to address.

To add to this; instead of you offering support and discussing her anxiety and depression have her speak with a professional who can set her on a plan or medication for improvement and see where that goes.

In the end, if she can't help herself, what makes you think you can? Sounds like you're becoming an adult and she may not be willing to bear the same responsibilities or may not have the same goals in life. Which is fine, but YOU need to determine if you can accept that, which from your post you may not be so willing.
Gold: 756.00
Jun 19 2018 08:15pm
Obviously I know next to nothing about either of you, but it sounds like she is a good soul who is just a bit lost.

You speak of her as an exceptional individual, not one to let get away, as it were.

Anxiety and depression do seriously debilitating things, to anyone and everyone it hits. Has she sought medical or professional help over such things?

I am of the opinion that a good job, driver's licence, etc etc are just icing on the cake when it comes to an individual. Heck, even less than that... if I met a genuine, kind, humble, caring, passionate girl, I wouldn't care how much she earned or what she drove (if at all).

TLDR: I say give her a chance. You obviously see something in her that you don't encounter very often. Don't let her be the one that got away. It sounds like she needs help, professionally/medically. You can be the most supportive partner in the world, but sometimes, unfortunately, that on its own is not enough.

Whatever you choose, wish all the best for both of you.
Gold: 1,113.99
Jul 11 2018 05:37am
move on in life. 2 years isnt short but isnt long either. And you are still in your mid 20s. That is, IF your current gf doesn't open up and evolve with you. It just takes up too much energy and stresses one like small poison drops which can eventually change you too.
There are other who are more uplifting than your current partner, who actually can support you, encourage you to take on things life throws at you, take care of your needs and help you in becoming The Man. Gl with your choice.
Gold: 7,219.50
Jul 12 2018 05:59pm
sounds like you need to break up with her dude. better do it quicker rather then later. easier to break up after 2 years instead of waiting till like 5 or 6 lol
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll