d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Anyone Notice > Playing H1z1 Before Fortnite
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.00
Jun 5 2018 02:16pm
If i play 5 matches on h1z1 then go play fortnite im all of a sudden a young god killing everything in sight.

Epic warm up imho
Gold: 29,775.84
Jun 5 2018 06:22pm
My fortnite skilllz >>>>
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 6 2018 09:27am
because fortnite is a low skill game
Gold: 29,775.84
Jun 6 2018 12:06pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 6 2018 10:27am)

That you suck at
Gold: 0.00
Jun 6 2018 05:34pm
fuck fortnite :)
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 6 2018 05:49pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 6 2018 08:27am)

This...

Haven't played much H1, but PUBG takes a lot more skill. I tried hard to get into the whole battle royal thing, but it's just not really for me. Games are boring as hell and shit like Fortnight that's the lowest of the low in the genre, is somehow always going to be the most popular and I'll just never fucking understand that.
Gold: 194.66
Jun 6 2018 06:24pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 6 2018 06:49pm)
This...

Haven't played much H1, but PUBG takes a lot more skill. I tried hard to get into the whole battle royal thing, but it's just not really for me. Games are boring as hell and shit like Fortnight that's the lowest of the low in the genre, is somehow always going to be the most popular and I'll just never fucking understand that.

I like both games but I don’t see how fortnite requires less skill.

Fortnite skill gap in building is much higher than anything in pubg.

Pubg’s top streamers have said fortnite has a much higher skill gap to be good. I believe shrouds words were something along the lines of “pubg is my favorite game but your an idiot if you believe it takes more skill to be good in pubg over fortnite”
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 6 2018 06:35pm
Quote (ThirtyTwo @ Jun 6 2018 05:24pm)
I like both games but I don’t see how fortnite requires less skill.

Fortnite skill gap in building is much higher than anything in pubg.

Pubg’s top streamers have said fortnite has a much higher skill gap to be good. I believe shrouds words were something along the lines of “pubg is my favorite game but your an idiot if you believe it takes more skill to be good in pubg over fortnite”

Not that I put a ton of stock into what a streamer says, but I know he's talked a lot on PUBG vs Fortnight and the two major things I remember him saying were that, one, he would like PUBG more if they actually made updates and do changes like they do with fortnight (Seems like he's yet another idiot who's more concerned with cosmetics being changed around constantly vs gameplay actually being difficult). Second, that PUBG is frustrating because any random person who doesn't know what they're doing can kill you, while with Fortnight you can get good enough to own and dominate every game. You can take that however you want, but if one is frustrating because you can die easily by even players with low skill, and one you can dominate everyone because you're that much better than them, does it sound like one might be "easier" than the other? Commonsense makes it painfully fucking clear, but you're allowed to feel however you want, that's the beauty of opinions, you're entitled to one, even if all evidence points to the contrary.

E: Pretty sure the one you're thinking of is Ninja, who makes his living off being okayish at a cartoonish game that's fucking loved by children everywhere, so no shit he's going to tell his fan-base what they want to hear...

Like everything I'm finding is them saying it's harder because they can do better at it .... lol, what? Just need to understand that these players realize there is more viewers and hence more money in Fort. Of course they're going to say w/e they can to make those fans happy. They want them to continue watching and calling out the most popular game in the world as a kiddy dumbed down version with easy-mode aiming is going to piss off people who want to believe they're good because they're decent at Fort. Just like League streamers constantly saying LoL was harder than DotA, when everyone with a brain knows LoL is a painfully dumbed down version of LoL. Popularity does not equal greatness, but streamers who get paid to popular games, some of which are the top players in the world, are of course going to tell you the consumer what you want to hear. Them playing games and you watching is their job... Seems like far too many people put a lot of stock into the words of the streaming forgetting that they're being sold something and that what they're watching is a commercial version of that person's opinions and believes to increase marketability...

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 6 2018 06:45pm
Gold: 194.66
Jun 6 2018 08:18pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 6 2018 07:35pm)
Not that I put a ton of stock into what a streamer says, but I know he's talked a lot on PUBG vs Fortnight and the two major things I remember him saying were that, one, he would like PUBG more if they actually made updates and do changes like they do with fortnight (Seems like he's yet another idiot who's more concerned with cosmetics being changed around constantly vs gameplay actually being difficult). Second, that PUBG is frustrating because any random person who doesn't know what they're doing can kill you, while with Fortnight you can get good enough to own and dominate every game. You can take that however you want, but if one is frustrating because you can die easily by even players with low skill, and one you can dominate everyone because you're that much better than them, does it sound like one might be "easier" than the other? Commonsense makes it painfully fucking clear, but you're allowed to feel however you want, that's the beauty of opinions, you're entitled to one, even if all evidence points to the contrary.

E: Pretty sure the one you're thinking of is Ninja, who makes his living off being okayish at a cartoonish game that's fucking loved by children everywhere, so no shit he's going to tell his fan-base what they want to hear...

Like everything I'm finding is them saying it's harder because they can do better at it .... lol, what? Just need to understand that these players realize there is more viewers and hence more money in Fort. Of course they're going to say w/e they can to make those fans happy. They want them to continue watching and calling out the most popular game in the world as a kiddy dumbed down version with easy-mode aiming is going to piss off people who want to believe they're good because they're decent at Fort. Just like League streamers constantly saying LoL was harder than DotA, when everyone with a brain knows LoL is a painfully dumbed down version of LoL. Popularity does not equal greatness, but streamers who get paid to popular games, some of which are the top players in the world, are of course going to tell you the consumer what you want to hear. Them playing games and you watching is their job... Seems like far too many people put a lot of stock into the words of the streaming forgetting that they're being sold something and that what they're watching is a commercial version of that person's opinions and believes to increase marketability...

No, was 100% shrouds words as he was playing fortnite trying to get better.

So what you are saying is in one game anyone can often get lucky and kill anyone and the other game if you are actually good you can dominate? That’s like defining a skill gap.

But once again you go on about ninja when it was pubgs top streamer not ninja saying it. Shroud isn’t selling fortnite as pubg is what he makes his living off. I don’t know if you are just that far in your own ass and have grudge against fortnite or what but it’s pretty comical.

I play both games and pubg more so but if you think pubg is anywhere close to a good game you are seriously delusional. The game is miles behind fortnite in terms of development. Pubg is dying quickly because they would rather start ridiculous lawsuits instead of fixing their broken game. Every pubg streamer bitches about how bad the game can be Witt all the bugs and lack of effort that dev team puts out.

Once again this is coming from someone who plays pubg more.
Gold: 797.69
Jun 6 2018 10:35pm
pubg has only 12 dev and it was a rubbish idea at the base that grew big quick n they struggle to keep up

fortnite has epic behind it ...way more experienced guys n they saw what pubg did since they use the unreal engine and make something easier for the casual to get a piece of the cake

both r fun br games but pubg is just more hard theres no arguing that

This post was edited by hammered_guy on Jun 6 2018 10:36pm
Go Back To Sony Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll