d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > A Better Trade Topic Idea
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 792.00
Jun 4 2018 01:12pm
Since users are not allowed to close their own topics. This is for those who can no longer edit that a trade is over.

It would function just like the "request mediator" button. Only it would signify that a successful trade is over and ready to be closed.

This way whatever staff members archive the trade topics do not always have to wait until a topic is considered inactive. This would be great for legit dueling tourneys too and this way nobody has to PM a mod and bother them.

note* If a user abuses this privilege, take away their right to use it just like you would with a user who abuses the reporting system or warn them for spam.

This post was edited by Superman on Jun 4 2018 01:27pm
Gold: 720.71
Jun 4 2018 08:51pm
I like the idea, but I fear it will go vastly unused. Most people don't even comment to say the trade or topic is done and just let it die. Even if they can edit it.
Gold: 9,205.00
Jun 7 2018 02:40am
What if someone clicks it by accident or just changes their mind and then has to pm a moderator to open it again..

I don't see the point of this.
Gold: 1,209.00
Jun 7 2018 02:49am
No because that would give reason for moderating the website and the helpful users would become less helpful when it comes to viewing everything over the interface.

This post was edited by Bachelor on Jun 7 2018 02:50am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 7 2018 11:59am
Nay from me. This just adds unnecessary work.

If you're done with a trade simply edit one of the posts with "/close" or "trade done" or something along those lines to let others know it's done.
If you cannot edit any posts within the topic simply do nothing and let it die out.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jun 7 2018 12:55pm
I don’t like it. I’ve never understood why people deem it necessary to edit their topic and say “closed” or “sold” honestly. If you don’t bump it and someone posts in it days later, they should already assume it’s gone. If anything, it makes it harder to see what the user had. I can’t tell you how many times I buy an item with good history, then the user immediately edits and writes “closed” before I have a chance to jot down the history.

Worst case scenario, you shoot a user a pm and say it’s sold. Or, edit your most recent post and say closed.
Gold: 792.00
Jun 8 2018 06:30am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 7 Jun 2018 12:55)
I don’t like it. I’ve never understood why people deem it necessary to edit their topic and say “closed” or “sold” honestly. If you don’t bump it and someone posts in it days later, they should already assume it’s gone. If anything, it makes it harder to see what the user had. I can’t tell you how many times I buy an item with good history, then the user immediately edits and writes “closed” before I have a chance to jot down the history.

Worst case scenario, you shoot a user a pm and say it’s sold. Or, edit your most recent post and say closed.

I was just throwing out some different ideas. Why wouldn't you write down the history before you buy said item?
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll