d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Gmt And Dates, Need Some Questions Answered
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
May 30 2018 04:13pm
I am working out some gambling rules.

I am having a bit of trouble understanding the GMT and how people interpret their time zones.

I have checked the box "Is Daylight Saving Time in effect?", since that is in effect in my country now. The clock on my computer matches with the time stamp on the posts made here on JSP.

But how should i do it, if someone places a bet, and have not checked this box when they place the bet, and the date is off? I mean is they place a bet at 4th of June 23:30, but have -not- checked this box, and the date really is 5th of June 00:30? The bet might then not be valid, but i how do i go about proving that?

I am just confused by all this. They may then claim a win, even if the date was wrong. How do i go about and prove that? I just need someone to think this through a little and give me some answers.

This post was edited by Taurean on May 30 2018 04:15pm
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
May 30 2018 04:19pm
I think i figured it out. I guess the only way i can assure myself, is if they take a screenshot at the time they place the bet. But then again, screenshots can be photoshopped.

I can also encourage people to make sure that box is ticked off if that is in effect, as a way to clear out misunderstandings.

I think there is no way to prove this, and it would just be a risk i have to run.
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll