d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Vizio Soundbar Suddenly Not Being Detected
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 9,000.00
Trader: Trusted
May 21 2018 11:18am
Hello, I am experiencing issues with my system detecting my vizio soundbar (auxiliary jack) after a windows 10 update.
The system simply does not detect anything plugged into the audio jack (which is currently my sound bar)

They worked flawlessly for 6 months prior to this update. I've uninstalled the update, which did not resolve the problem.

Everything mundane like checking the slide bar, enabling, unplugging, restarting, troubleshooting, and checking the properties have all yielded nothing.

I have tried no other devices like headphones, as I don't see the point considering that my soundbar is 100% functional

After some fruitless google searching I attempted to uninstall RealTek HD Audio, and reinstall in hopes that this would resolve the issue. As of writing this I am waiting for it to finish downloading.
I really don't understand why this is happening as it worked just fine a few hours ago, nothing physical has changed whatsoever, and it is all connected via 3.5mm auxiliary cord. Can't get any simpler.

Please let me know if there is anything that I missed, or need to add... this is really frustrating as it is my only audio source... thank you in advance!

This post was edited by OverDoSex on May 21 2018 11:19am
Retired Moderator
May 21 2018 11:36am
Update: I have completed the download for RealTek HD Audio for windows 10 64-bit, checked for updated drivers, checked for windows 10 updates, downloaded all and restarted.... still not working. Re-checked all the basic audio troubleshooting tools from above to see if anything changed after all the updates and downloads.

Nothing. My soundbar is a brick and I have no idea what to do....
Retired Moderator
May 21 2018 11:58am
Reverted to an older version of windows 10, the soundbar is now detected and the system considers it to be working flawlessly, all drivers claim to be updated.

One problem however, no sound at all. I've made sure the subwoofer and speaker is paired correctly, volume is up, aux is completely connected

Edit: as usual, all above basic/generic troubleshooting guidelines were followed post-revert

Edit2: upon removing the auxiliary jack from the back of the soundbar, nothing changed in the playback devices window. The system still detected speakers from RealTek and had a fluctuating audio bar (have youtube up in background in case it started working)

This post was edited by OverDoSex on May 21 2018 12:01pm
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2018 02:19pm
If you connect something else into the aux jack of that soundbar (headphone out from your phone, for example), does it play audio?

Edit: If that works, try a set of speakers or headphones plugged into the computer, to see if it outputs audio to another device.

This post was edited by Surfpunk on May 25 2018 02:20pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll