d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Starcraft I & II > Top 5 Rts Ever Made? > And Also Top 5 Jsp Players?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 293.50
May 20 2018 03:07pm
Post your Lists Here!
Gold: 5.00
May 20 2018 09:10pm
brood war
sc2
wc3
total annihilation
aoe 2
red alert

May 21 2018 02:30am
Quote (soullogik @ May 20 2018 09:10pm)
brood war
sc2
wc3
total annihilation
aoe 2
red alert

total annihilation gold is one of my favorites of all time
wc2
wc3
Bw
sc2 for me
i never played aoe2 or red alert, but i did play this game called battle realms, it was busted

total annihilation kingdoms was good too
Trade Moderator
Gold: 53,460.00
Trader: Trusted
May 22 2018 03:02am
Quote (soullogik @ May 21 2018 05:10am)
brood war
sc2
wc3
total annihilation
aoe 2
red alert

Id squeeze in KKND Xtreme in there somewhere.
That and Dark Colony took away a huge sum of my childhood :D

This post was edited by Spetch on May 22 2018 03:02am
Gold: 45,180.00
Jul 25 2018 07:49am
Quote (soullogik @ May 21 2018 03:10am)
brood war
sc2
wc3
total annihilation
aoe 2
red alert

I 100% agree with this :)
Gold: 85.02
Jul 25 2018 10:01am
I'll try to make a top 5 d2jsp sc2 player list (on NA). This is coming from memory so I'm definitely forgetting some notable players so keep that in mind. Also I tried to strike a balance between skill level and activity on d2jsp during the peak of SC2 (2010-2014ish).

1. Oracle (terran)

Really nothing to add here, easiest placement on the list. Prodigy doesn't describe him well enough; it was like he was playing a different game. His understanding of the game was sourced in something most human-beings can't interact with, allowing him to win in unit interactions that anyone else would lose. He was learning constantly which emboldened him to experiment, even mid-game. That, combined with his inability to lose in a micro situation, made for an opponent that you simply couldn't prepare for.

2. Minigun (protoss)

I'd call Minigun the champion of d2jsp. Easily the biggest proprietor of our little forum to the greater SC2 scene, Minigun represented d2jsp in nearly every d2jsp vs reddit showmatch and always out-performed. I'd describe his style as a flowing, safe, strong and predictable macro style that every non-Protoss player hated to play against because of his nearly flawless defense.

3. Raine (zerg)

Raine would be the Azen of our d2jsp scene. He wasn't exceptionally fast but he was exceptionally smart. He had a very strong understanding of the gameplay trends and could manipulate other people's tendencies before they even knew they were being predictable. He saw the game. He also has the most wins representing d2jsp in our showmatches vs reddit.

4. SKS (protoss)

SKS was the counterpart to Minigun. He wasn't afraid to cheese (and he was GOOD at it) but he could also keep pace with the macro-oriented players just fine. This made him a dual threat, giving him the edge in best out of 3 or 5 sets or just against the same opponent on the ladder over the course of several games. His biggest talent was his unpredictability, which is a frightening trait to face in a game that tests your resolve. Strong case for #3.

5. Schneider (zerg)

Schneider was the man's man of d2jsp, demonstrating skill and tenacity through sheer willpower. He brute forced his skill level to increase in a way that most people don't have the patience or endurance for and the result was a very fast, multi-tasking machine.

Honorable mentions (in no order) go out to imGMumad aka 'Jacko the Wombat', Rapdawg, myself aka 'Slipspace', Torm aka 'zerg has more than hydralisks?', Vlare aka 'Sonic the Hedgehog', Kiom, MrPandaPants, Tao aka 'that ain't deadmau5', and Radek aka 'n3gat1ve'.

This post was edited by dwalk1989 on Jul 25 2018 10:03am
Gold: 770.00
Jul 26 2018 11:34pm
Quote (dwalk1989 @ Jul 25 2018 08:01am)
I'll try to make a top 5 d2jsp sc2 player list (on NA). This is coming from memory so I'm definitely forgetting some notable players so keep that in mind. Also I tried to strike a balance between skill level and activity on d2jsp during the peak of SC2 (2010-2014ish).

1. Oracle (terran)

Really nothing to add here, easiest placement on the list. Prodigy doesn't describe him well enough; it was like he was playing a different game. His understanding of the game was sourced in something most human-beings can't interact with, allowing him to win in unit interactions that anyone else would lose. He was learning constantly which emboldened him to experiment, even mid-game. That, combined with his inability to lose in a micro situation, made for an opponent that you simply couldn't prepare for.

2. Minigun (protoss)

I'd call Minigun the champion of d2jsp. Easily the biggest proprietor of our little forum to the greater SC2 scene, Minigun represented d2jsp in nearly every d2jsp vs reddit showmatch and always out-performed. I'd describe his style as a flowing, safe, strong and predictable macro style that every non-Protoss player hated to play against because of his nearly flawless defense.

3. Raine (zerg)

Raine would be the Azen of our d2jsp scene. He wasn't exceptionally fast but he was exceptionally smart. He had a very strong understanding of the gameplay trends and could manipulate other people's tendencies before they even knew they were being predictable. He saw the game. He also has the most wins representing d2jsp in our showmatches vs reddit.

4. SKS (protoss)

SKS was the counterpart to Minigun. He wasn't afraid to cheese (and he was GOOD at it) but he could also keep pace with the macro-oriented players just fine. This made him a dual threat, giving him the edge in best out of 3 or 5 sets or just against the same opponent on the ladder over the course of several games. His biggest talent was his unpredictability, which is a frightening trait to face in a game that tests your resolve. Strong case for #3.

5. Schneider (zerg)

Schneider was the man's man of d2jsp, demonstrating skill and tenacity through sheer willpower. He brute forced his skill level to increase in a way that most people don't have the patience or endurance for and the result was a very fast, multi-tasking machine.

Honorable mentions (in no order) go out to imGMumad aka 'Jacko the Wombat', Rapdawg, myself aka 'Slipspace', Torm aka 'zerg has more than hydralisks?', Vlare aka 'Sonic the Hedgehog', Kiom, MrPandaPants, Tao aka 'that ain't deadmau5', and Radek aka 'n3gat1ve'.

I have rapdwg on facebook, hes passed away.

His match vs Destiny is still fukking funny

Gold: 85.02
Jul 27 2018 08:31am
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Jul 27 2018 12:34am)
I have rapdwg on facebook, hes passed away.

damn that's too bad

Jul 30 2018 11:50am
Quote (dwalk1989 @ Jul 25 2018 10:01am)

1. Oracle (terran)

2. Minigun (protoss)

3. Raine (zerg)

4. SKS (protoss)

5. Schneider (zerg)

i know of minigun and raine, minigun helped me once a long time ago, hes a super nice guy, i heard he had ALS or some disease like that though. thank you for this list! :)
Gold: 2,049.66
Aug 10 2018 11:44am
Quote (Sasori @ 30 Jul 2018 19:50)
i know of minigun and raine, minigun helped me once a long time ago, hes a super nice guy, i heard he had ALS or some disease like that though. thank you for this list! :)

crohn

This post was edited by Akiran on Aug 10 2018 11:44am
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll