d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Pvm Orb Vs Blizzard > Which Is Better?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,490.00
May 22 2018 03:39am
Quote (feanur @ 5 May 2018 19:31)
Blizzard : easier to play, more damage in few situations.
Orb : more overall damage, no immuned (with the use of fireball), same ability to freeze targets...

Orb is far than Blizzard, but requires some practice to take the best from it.

This
Gold: 22,189.49
May 22 2018 04:22am
as general rule, orb for players 1, blizz for players 8
blizzard packs more concentrated dps, orb packs more aoe
if you're dropping 30k+ hp per hit blizzards on monsters with only 10k hp, then orb is better.

also the lack of frozen orb ormus, is a problem

This post was edited by Goomshill on May 22 2018 04:23am
Gold: 332,820.63
May 22 2018 04:22am
Quote (feanur @ 5 May 2018 19:31)
Blizzard : easier to play, more damage in few situations.
Orb : more overall damage, no immuned (with the use of fireball), same ability to freeze targets...

Orb is far than Blizzard, but requires some practice to take the best from it.

Disagree.

Fb/orb beats blizzard in chaos sanctuary as untwinked, simply because it CAN clear it. But its slow.
At the same time, Blizzard > all, as untwinked boss runner (meph). Which is what you will want to be doing until you got decent gear, at which point you go to cs.
and as a coincidence, twinked blizzard sorc > twinked FB/ORB, in chaos. Try fb orb build in 5p+ player games. Nah. Static+Reapers / CB merc vs seis is alot quicker than what fb/orb will make your overall run. in 100% clear, as in all whites not only ghosts, then they might be equal here cuz mages runs fast xdddd.

On a blizzard sorc exclusively for pvm, you will have maxed ORB and ORB synergies anyway (ice blast/glacial synergies). Test and you will see the damage is lack-luster compared to blizz.

This post was edited by SpAz. on May 22 2018 04:27am
Gold: 22,189.49
May 22 2018 04:31am
i dunno, an orb/fb or orb/fw build can use infinity on merc and take OKs from 60% fire resist to -25%. Probably fb there since its easier to chainlock OKs than to stay far enough away that they won't run out of firewalls / away from merc
granted, cold/fire immunes are pretty common. And for all that effort, you could just skill lightning and all your problems are solved
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
May 22 2018 12:14pm
Quote (SpAz. @ May 22 2018 11:22am)
Disagree.

Fb/orb beats blizzard in chaos sanctuary as untwinked, simply because it CAN clear it. But its slow.
At the same time, Blizzard > all, as untwinked boss runner (meph). Which is what you will want to be doing until you got decent gear, at which point you go to cs.
and as a coincidence, twinked blizzard sorc > twinked FB/ORB, in chaos. Try fb orb build in 5p+ player games. Nah. Static+Reapers / CB merc vs seis is alot quicker than what fb/orb will make your overall run. in 100% clear, as in all whites not only ghosts, then they might be equal here cuz mages runs fast xdddd.

On a blizzard sorc exclusively for pvm, you will have maxed ORB and ORB synergies anyway (ice blast/glacial synergies). Test and you will see the damage is lack-luster compared to blizz.

Well...

What kind of sorceress are we talking about ?

Spirit sword + Lore + Stealth, non elite Insight merc ?

Hybrid tal rasha, treachery merc ?

Full Tal rasha, Reaper's merc ?

Death fathom + facets, Infinity merc ?

In the medium line, I won't disagree on the fact that full Blizzard can be prefered.

On a Lore/stealth sorceress, running bugged hell Andariel for day 1 ladder SoJ drop, fireball/orb is a lot better (because more sturdy against cold immuned), and due to -50%fire res Andy, and mono-moving-target.

On a full equiped non-ladder sorceress (1+K orb, 15K fireball, 30-40K meteor, -200%ECR, -95%EFR, -85%ELR for static), clearing all mobs around, fb/orb, again, is better.
Chaos sanctuary could be the place where such sorceress is at her greater disadvantage compared to Blizz (or Lightning). If CS is the only goal, then Blizzard, why not ? In this case I'd choose lightning.
Gold: Locked
May 22 2018 12:20pm
Quote (feanur @ May 22 2018 01:14pm)
Well...

What kind of sorceress are we talking about ?

Spirit sword + Lore + Stealth, non elite Insight merc ?

Hybrid tal rasha, treachery merc ?

Full Tal rasha, Reaper's merc ?

Death fathom + facets, Infinity merc ?

In the medium line, I won't disagree on the fact that full Blizzard can be prefered.

On a Lore/stealth sorceress, running bugged hell Andariel for day 1 ladder SoJ drop, fireball/orb is a lot better (because more sturdy against cold immuned), and due to -50%fire res Andy, and mono-moving-target.

On a full equiped non-ladder sorceress (1+K orb, 15K fireball, 30-40K meteor, -200%ECR, -95%EFR, -85%ELR for static), clearing all mobs around, fb/orb, again, is better.
Chaos sanctuary could be the place where such sorceress is at her greater disadvantage compared to Blizz (or Lightning). If CS is the only goal, then Blizzard, why not ? In this case I'd choose lightning.

To run bugged andariel/meph in hell i'd go with either blizz or meteorb, moat trick meph and meteor/blizz andy through the door. This way you can wear mf gear without worrying about getting hit, or can you do the same thing with fireball splash hmmm
May 22 2018 12:48pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ May 22 2018 07:20pm)
To run bugged andariel/meph in hell i'd go with either blizz or meteorb, moat trick meph and meteor/blizz andy through the door. This way you can wear mf gear without worrying about getting hit, or can you do the same thing with fireball splash hmmm

What kind of mf gear do you have on ladder day 1 ?
May 22 2018 12:51pm
Quote (feanur @ May 22 2018 01:48pm)
What kind of mf gear do you have on ladder day 1 ?

Topaz'd helm/armor, mfboots/gloves from vendors
May 22 2018 02:38pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ May 22 2018 07:51pm)
Topaz'd helm/armor, mfboots/gloves from vendors

I think you'd rather have res boots/gloves from vendors, to avoid random death while teleporting to Andariel. Hard to have positive res in hell on day 1.
That's how I do at least...
May 22 2018 02:46pm
Quote (feanur @ May 22 2018 03:38pm)
I think you'd rather have res boots/gloves from vendors, to avoid random death while teleporting to Andariel. Hard to have positive res in hell on day 1.
That's how I do at least...

You get hit by elemental attacks while teleporting to andy?

if you're that scared of elemental, put a shield+weapon switch with res, usually you find charms/rings/ammy with res along the way too

This post was edited by Hyperdimension on May 22 2018 02:53pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll