d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.03
Apr 24 2018 06:02am
My girlfriend of 2 months just broke up with me last week, it wasn't for any reason between an of us, she said she loved me and i said i loved her before she left but her reasoning was that she wasn't ready to commit to such a serious relationship because of uni and work and life in general, she just wants to focus on herself.

Is it selfish of me to just want her back and if I was able to what would be the best way, just keep being her friend till she decides its the right time? I'm scared that although she said she loved me the love is going to fade, or just turn into a love you have for a friend and I can't bear to watch her move on to someone else down the line, i know i'm going to wait for her but I know that if she does it will ruin me even more than the breakup itself. I do have a tendency of thinking too much into things and i don't feel like she would but there's always the thought on my mind that we will never be together.

I know 2 months isn't the longest period of time, but i loved every minute i spent with her and i don't think i'll be able to stop thinking of us together for a very long time.

pretty much i just want to know if I should stop thinking about the possibility of us being together or i should keep some sort of hope it will work out.
Gold: 90.58
Apr 24 2018 06:07am
Sorry for your loss sir. Breakups are hard, and you are definitely not acting selfish. She was a part of your life, and those feelings are genuine, to anyone.

My advice is just let it go. Keep her as a contact / friend, but if you start advancing again when she doesn't want to be in a relationship, she'll start to think it's being creepy. You don't want that

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Apr 24 2018 06:07am
Gold: 1,495.80
Apr 24 2018 06:31am
Adopt a puppy
Doges love you forever :wub:
Gold: 0.00
Apr 24 2018 11:39am
"know i'm going to wait for her but I know that if she does it will ruin me even more than the breakup itself. I do have a tendency of thinking too much into things"

Never wait for people. You're right, it hurts when you see people move on, which is why you don't wait. Optionally, Be genuine with yourself, stay at home, watch crappy movies, mope.. Then after you've done that, move on, even if it wasn't what you want to do. Sometimes life isn't about doing what you want to do, but instead doing things because you have to do them.

What you do is simple. I'd genuinely state that I want to continue things because I like being with her, but if she doesn't want to keep going, then, hey, that's just the way it is. I'd then say, do get in touch with me if you ever change your mind.

Then you have to let it go. Your mindset is bad, but it's understandable from a fresh breakup.

I wouldn't contact her again after I stated the thing above unless she messaged me. At that point, there's nothing else to say anyways. And ultimately, hey, it takes two to tango.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Apr 24 2018 11:39am
Apr 25 2018 06:18pm
not to put salt on an open wound but from my experience i had a girl say the same along the lines stuff of "focus on herself" instead of getting into a relationship with me even though we both liked each other. turns out she just meant she wants to play the field and hook up with multiple dudes. but couple years later we ran into each other and she wanted to be in a relationship with me. so you never know. but i didnt get together with her i dont play that shit
Gold: 0.03
Apr 26 2018 01:49am
thanks for all the responses guys, I've been really out of it for the past week, down in the dumps but I think I'm starting to get a grip of myself, I'm still messaging her and I definitely still love her but I'll just see how it goes, im prepared to stop messaging her if I know I need to and I'm trying to get myself out of a hole so that's a step ahead
Gold: 90.58
Apr 26 2018 02:35am
Quote (jtreller1 @ Apr 25 2018 11:49pm)
thanks for all the responses guys, I've been really out of it for the past week, down in the dumps but I think I'm starting to get a grip of myself, I'm still messaging her and I definitely still love her but I'll just see how it goes, im prepared to stop messaging her if I know I need to and I'm trying to get myself out of a hole so that's a step ahead

Good luck my friend, you are a good man. Some relationships just don't work, trust me I've been there. Keep your head up sir
Apr 26 2018 09:54am
Quote (T9000 @ Apr 25 2018 07:18pm)
not to put salt on an open wound but from my experience i had a girl say the same along the lines stuff of "focus on herself" instead of getting into a relationship with me even though we both liked each other. turns out she just meant she wants to play the field and hook up with multiple dudes. but couple years later we ran into each other and she wanted to be in a relationship with me. so you never know. but i didnt get together with her i dont play that shit

Eh. It happens, I wouldn't take it too harshly. Women could do it behind your back, I'd prefer a woman that did end things.

Been in similar situations with women coming around.

Honestly, not to give false hope, but it happens a good amount if you were a good guy and you shared a great connection. It's rare for men and women to really find great partners.

I've done similar things with not being into ut, but today, a lot of times I think i would give things a second go.

To Op. I'd stop reaching out to her. If she reaches out, fine. But ultimately she ended things. After you stated what you want, you need to give her the space to decide if she would like to continue things one day. For me, that means giving enough space where the possibility of you two never talking again unless she changes her mibd.

That's how I prefer to handle these things
Gold: 676.00
Apr 28 2018 08:30am
dont love them , fuck them !
Gold: 1.68
May 3 2018 12:09am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Apr 24 2018 08:31am)
Adopt a puppy
Doges love you forever :wub:

this
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll