d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > A Quiet Place
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Jul 19 2018 02:40pm
As I posted in the recently watched thread. I couldn't get into it becsuse my head kept jumping to how stupid the idea was and I couldn't take Jim seriously.
Gold: 39,837.69
Jul 19 2018 03:48pm
Quote (SBD @ Jul 19 2018 03:40pm)
As I posted in the recently watched thread. I couldn't get into it becsuse my head kept jumping to how stupid the idea was and I couldn't take Jim seriously.

So I saw this movie first, before seeing The Office. So I didn’t have this struggle. But then after watching The Office I watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi .... and I was really tripped out lol

Now he will never be the same, can’t watch anything serious with him anymore. Thanks a lot Jim
Gold: 1.00
Jul 19 2018 09:07pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 19 2018 05:48pm)
So I saw this movie first, before seeing The Office. So I didn’t have this struggle. But then after watching The Office I watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi .... and I was really tripped out lol

Now he will never be the same, can’t watch anything serious with him anymore. Thanks a lot Jim

I was into the idea because it was new but I kept thinking of animals. Wouldn't every animal on earth be dead for the most part? I might have missed something. Also I know I should have just let the idea happen there's tons of great movies built on rediclious things and are amazing, but I couldn't let this one go.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2018 11:15am
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Apr 21 2018 03:40am)
Anybody else see it?

I thought the idea was awesome... but did not deliver

Just saw this thread

Couldn't agree more, I stopped about half way through. All that monster thing is so outdated. Cool concept for sure
Gold: 1,495.80
Aug 17 2018 11:40am
enjoyed it
the part when she stepped on the nail had me curling
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 18 2018 02:19am
I liked it. I thought John did a fantastic job, can't believe he wrote, directed and starred in something this good. I would have preferred an ending where they all died, this felt too cheesy, but it was an enjoyable film from start to finish.

My one big problem was as I said the ending and with the monsters weakness in general. Clearly sound debilitated them for a period of time, but it seems like the military or whoever would have figured this out and wiped these fuckers out. Second issue was how the fuck did these things wipe out mankind when they can be taken down with a shotgun? Sure, we didn't see someone try to shoot an armored portion of their body, but at all times at least one bit of their body was unarmored and if you shove a drone strike up that fuckers ass (based on what we saw a shotgun do to an unarmored section), it would liquefy the fuckers.

Still a cool movie, but I think just having them remain invincible/unkillable and having the whole family die or escape/relocate would have been a more sensible ending and it would have made for a more complete picture.
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 18 2018 03:59am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 18 2018 01:19am)
I liked it. I thought John did a fantastic job, can't believe he wrote, directed and starred in something this good. I would have preferred an ending where they all died, this felt too cheesy, but it was an enjoyable film from start to finish.

My one big problem was as I said the ending and with the monsters weakness in general. Clearly sound debilitated them for a period of time, but it seems like the military or whoever would have figured this out and wiped these fuckers out. Second issue was how the fuck did these things wipe out mankind when they can be taken down with a shotgun? Sure, we didn't see someone try to shoot an armored portion of their body, but at all times at least one bit of their body was unarmored and if you shove a drone strike up that fuckers ass (based on what we saw a shotgun do to an unarmored section), it would liquefy the fuckers.

Still a cool movie, but I think just having them remain invincible/unkillable and having the whole family die or escape/relocate would have been a more sensible ending and it would have made for a more complete picture.

I mean yeah the biggest flaw is the whole sound mechanic. It's neat but has so many plot holes.

Also I think when fully armored up they are pretty indestructible barring like nukes probably. There was like stuff written on a white board about it.

I think they try to hint at the sound weakness not being found before because they didn't know the exact frequency but that's like... Not really how that works...

Also the ending was a bit bad. I am fine with the single creature being killed, but they ended it like they were going from Alien to Aliens. The transition from horror to action worked for that franchise because they were two different movies. Slapping it on to the end of a movie like that is just cheesy.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Aug 18 2018 04:00am
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll