d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > A Quiet Place
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.50
Apr 21 2018 11:05pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 22 2018 12:10am)
It wasn't an accident. They refused to stop living just because of the creatures. They homeschooled the kids, they let them play games, the mom decorated the rooms. They did everything to make life as normal as possible in the situation. They wanted a family and refused to let fear run their lives. Their makeshift soundproof babycrib and basement worked pretty well and probably would've been fine had other shit not gone down.

I understand your logic. I guess i didn't think that way when i viewed it. It does change my opinion the more i think about it.
Gold: 4,000.12
Apr 26 2018 05:24am
Pretty solid movie imo. Great acting all round too. I can’t really nitpick anything but what I would’ve done is try to setup a speaker system in a perimeter around where I was staying. Something to distract.

Otherwise I’d have my camp/base setup near a river or something loud with some constant noise cover.

Few good ideas in the movie w/ the lights + sand
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2018 02:40pm
Really great movie. The strong and powerful idea of parenthood shined in this movie.

If you really let yourself try to feel what these characters were going through, there were multiple goosebump moments.

8.5/10
Gold: 32,161.71
May 23 2018 07:32pm
in all reality they should have evolved echolocation, then they would be op

#clicks
#daredevil
Gold: 915.00
Jul 1 2018 11:38pm
YourMovieSucks dot org did a review on this movie that I whole-heartedly agree with. He's got a youtube channel and I highly recommend checking it out if you want a realistic and fair evaluation of this movie.

I liked the idea, and I'm glad that producers like John Krasinski are willing to put themselves out there to introduce some fresh ideas. Unfortunately, in the attempt to change the direction of horror films (and I agree this was more of a suspensful thriller than horror), it fell into some really tired tropes. It's hard to feel invested in the characters' peril when their peril consistently and conveniently creates itself to serve the progression of plot devices. Why didn't they just live next to the river?
Gold: 797.69
Jul 2 2018 07:20am
good concept but some stupid ideas

why the kid at the beginning was the last behind they should have been in the middle between both adults

the kid dies n then they make another baby i understand they not wanted to stop living normally but thats dumb u r in survival mode doing shit like that gets u kill n guess what the dad got kill n now the rest of the family will probably die cuz the father was doing everything alone even if they find a weakness to the creatures.

except those points... good acting good atmosphere and the creatures were cool
Gold: 39,837.69
Jul 2 2018 07:36am
Quote (Aphex @ Jul 2 2018 12:38am)
YourMovieSucks dot org did a review on this movie that I whole-heartedly agree with. He's got a youtube channel and I highly recommend checking it out if you want a realistic and fair evaluation of this movie.

I liked the idea, and I'm glad that producers like John Krasinski are willing to put themselves out there to introduce some fresh ideas. Unfortunately, in the attempt to change the direction of horror films (and I agree this was more of a suspensful thriller than horror), it fell into some really tired tropes. It's hard to feel invested in the characters' peril when their peril consistently and conveniently creates itself to serve the progression of plot devices. Why didn't they just live next to the river?

Quote (hammered_guy @ Jul 2 2018 08:20am)
good concept but some stupid ideas

why the kid at the beginning was the last behind they should have been in the middle between both adults

the kid dies n then they make another baby i understand they not wanted to stop living normally but thats dumb u r in survival mode doing shit like that gets u kill n guess what the dad got kill n now the rest of the family will probably die cuz the father was doing everything alone even if they find a weakness to the creatures.

except those points... good acting good atmosphere and the creatures were cool

If they lived by the river, and did all the right things then it wouldnt be a movie.....
Jul 16 2018 01:37pm
I think the movie was great, lol of people are nitpicking on tiny things but when you look back everything pretty much made sense.

The only thing I didnt like was the very last two seconds of the movie with the pump
Jul 17 2018 02:48pm
folks always hate, & critics know nothing most hated movies like solo guess what solo was a good movie to, this was good to me as well
Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 19 2018 12:49pm
Just watched. Not bad at all. Some silly things like the intro with the kid all the way in the rear of the group.

Better than most of the movies put out these days.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll