d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > A Quiet Place
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 21 2018 10:06am
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Apr 21 2018 05:17am)
Sheep

Right cause I said I liked it because it got reviews.... read again

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 21 2018 08:46am)
I hate seeing scary movies in the theater, there's always too many stupid people screaming at literally every tiny little fucking thing, it drives me crazy.

This should not be categorized as a 'scary movie'
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 21 2018 10:06am
Quote (The_Outsider @ Apr 21 2018 07:54am)
Hahaha that’s exactly what I’ve experienced seeing this movie the other day. Frustrating shit I tell you.

That would just ruin it for me. Once it comes out, I'll do what I do with all scary movies. I'll watch in HD, make the room pitch black and as quiet as possible and I'll watch it by myself to see how scary it really is.

Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 21 2018 08:06am)
Right cause I said I liked it because it got reviews.... read again

This should not be categorized as a 'scary movie'

Well, it is lol. Anything that's tense or has any type of creepy/dramatic stuff, is going to be annoying for me to see in theaters. I also hate seeing comedies in theaters cause of the same thing. Stupid people laughing at fucking EVERYTHING like it's the funniest thing they've ever seen. What especially irritates me, is when you're sitting next to someone who's smelly and stupid and they laugh late at everything and super loud, like they need to wait until other people say it's funny before they laugh, and the only time they laugh with or ahead of the crowd, when it's something directly from the trailer and they laugh harder right at that moment than any other point in the moment. *insert me strangling the fuck out of fatty*

E: I've been avoiding trailers for movies more often these days, so I'm not 100% sure what exactly is up with this movie. I know it's a post-apocalyptic type world, and they have to be silent because there is some kind of crazy shit that'll come murder the fuck out of you if you make any noise. That's all I know though. Sounded like a horror movie. Made me think of "It comes at Night" but you know, maybe actually good?

Quote (HeLiCaL @ Apr 21 2018 07:58am)

You need help...

The fuck kind of sources are these :rofl: ? Because one idiot wrote an article, the left are "fuming", and that of course creates article after article from idiots on the other side lol. God you people are the worst. Both the people you insult, and people like YOU are the absolute scum of the earth.

E: On a side note though, did anyone read that bat-shit crazy review from the guy at The New Yorker? Holy fucking cringe. Since the cast is white, they symbolize all white people, and since the creatures are black, they symbolize all minorities. The movie is about white people being afraid to speak for fear of insulting minorities and it's about how oppressed and horrible their lives are now. How the fuck is it even possible to get that kind of message out of something like this? Both the extreme right and extreme left make me sick to my stomach.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 21 2018 10:20am
Gold: 58.70
Apr 21 2018 10:21am
i thought it was good

the ending reninded me of mars attack tho lol
Gold: 0.00
Apr 21 2018 10:59am
you seem prety vocal for an idiot whos claim of there not being any triggered SJW's got proven wrong

take this as a lesson
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 21 2018 11:06am
Quote (Doom0277 @ Apr 21 2018 11:21am)
i thought it was good

the ending reninded me of mars attack tho lol

A lot of people I know and other things I read online was that they like the movie but hated the ending. But I didn’t mind it. Wasn’t the greatest because it was predictable
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 21 2018 11:50am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Apr 21 2018 09:59am)
you seem prety vocal for an idiot whos claim of there not being any triggered SJW's got proven wrong

take this as a lesson

And you're pretty vocal for someone who only knows how to dance to the tune of w/e bullshit fox shoves down his throat. One dumb guy = everyone triggered. Makes sense.
Gold: 0.50
Apr 21 2018 07:21pm
I wouldn't classify this as horror... definitely suspense though. Idk why everybody thought it was great. It was okay. The ending was fine, but the whole movie just left me with more to be desired. The potential was enourmous, but there was so much more that coild have been done.

Also jade, nobody made a noise during the movie. I was surprised throughout the entire movie how quiet it was.
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 21 2018 08:00pm
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Apr 21 2018 06:21pm)
I wouldn't classify this as horror... definitely suspense though. Idk why everybody thought it was great. It was okay. The ending was fine, but the whole movie just left me with more to be desired. The potential was enourmous, but there was so much more that coild have been done.

Also jade, nobody made a noise during the movie. I was surprised throughout the entire movie how quiet it was.

No there wasn't. It was specifically done as a small scope movie. Focused on a single family rather than world events. That's the entire point of it.
Gold: 0.50
Apr 21 2018 09:59pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 21 2018 10:00pm)
No there wasn't. It was specifically done as a small scope movie. Focused on a single family rather than world events. That's the entire point of it.

Yes I understand that. Still, for someone as prepared as they are, why would they get pregnant. I understand accidents happen, but not when you and your children's lives are on the line. The whole angle that they decided to pursue was dumb.
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 21 2018 10:10pm
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Apr 21 2018 08:59pm)
Yes I understand that. Still, for someone as prepared as they are, why would they get pregnant. I understand accidents happen, but not when you and your children's lives are on the line. The whole angle that they decided to pursue was dumb.

It wasn't an accident. They refused to stop living just because of the creatures. They homeschooled the kids, they let them play games, the mom decorated the rooms. They did everything to make life as normal as possible in the situation. They wanted a family and refused to let fear run their lives. Their makeshift soundproof babycrib and basement worked pretty well and probably would've been fine had other shit not gone down.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Apr 21 2018 10:11pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll