d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Are Leglocks Part Of Your Game? > Jiu Jitsu/csw
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.66
Apr 20 2018 06:44pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Apr 20 2018 07:05pm)
I hate full mount. I'll crush the life out of you from side control. My two biggest subs are the paper cutter and the Americana. The panic in a new persons eyes when I very slowly and gently switch between the two is literally my favorite part of jiu-jitsu.

my game is similar. I mostly go for kimuras and americanas. But I have a liberal mentality. I try to go for what is available.
Gold: 2.66
Apr 20 2018 06:58pm
Quote (liverowns @ Apr 20 2018 07:22pm)
No

I wrestled my entire life, I’ll happily beat someone face in from the guard

It is true that jiu jitsu practiced in the schools don't train for the mma/street directly. They train for competitions in which there are rules. However, jiu jitsu can be adjusted for either situation. I still suggest you try it so that it can expand your arsenal of submissions and transitioning between them. I don't think it's a bad idea to practice it and add it to an already strong grappling base. But if your answer is still no, i don't oppose it. Only a true martial artist know his or herself and what they need improvement upon.
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll