d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > New Pc For Ryzen 7 2700x
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2018 03:23am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 20 2018 03:02am)

Again with the extreme overkill components...

Quote (Exii @ Apr 20 2018 01:53am)
yeah l changed my mobo as a suggestion because asrock seems to support the new ryzen better

this isnt my explanation because l dont understand a single thing my friend said about ram but l guess 2667 dual rank is better than 3200 single rank
https://i.imgur.com/z5akF0r.png
https://puu.sh/A6Tq2/f1e36d8e01.png

That would be true, but what you had before was dual channel, and Ryzen scales very well with higher ram speeds, (up to around 3400 mhz on Ryzen 2)
You're friend doesn't know what he's talking about if he actually thinks infinity fabric caps out at 2667; it's been able to make a difference at up to 4200 mhz on custom boards (although it does reach a point of diminishing returns well before that)
Also, all of the large motherboard manufacturers will have similar support (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock).

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/w63PnH
Swapped less expensive MOBO, you lose out on RGB LED but that's really it for $100 less. The Aorus line from Gigabyte is good quality stuff.
Swapped to Platinum PSU.

Also should mention that if you don't regularly use an optical drive, they aren't really standard in builds anymore. If you go without one, you can get into much sexier looking cases such as Corsair Crystal 460x or NZXT H700i. Food for thought.
Could also recommend adding a solid state drive, it would speed up your boot/load times significantly.

This post was edited by zell1luk on Apr 20 2018 03:24am
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 20 2018 03:28am
Quote (zell1luk @ Apr 20 2018 05:23am)
Again with the extreme overkill components...

Using components from good companies with proven track records and great warranties...is not OVERKILL. It's smart spending.

Apr 20 2018 03:45am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 20 2018 04:28am)
Using components from good companies with proven track records and great warranties...is not OVERKILL. It's smart spending.

Liquid cooling is unnecessary on any mainstream level processor, and quite frankly a dual tower air cooler will perform just as good as a 240 aio for less.
That motherboard offers nothing more than the one I linked outside of RGB LED and a post code light.
Implying Seagate is any worse than WD - lol
The only advantage Corsair Dominator ram has is better quad channel compatibility, WHICH DOESN'T EXIST ON THIS CHIPSET!!!

@OP, if you wanted to look into a SSD
2.5" SATA drives - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/82qtpG
m.2 SATA drives - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xmVV7W - Same speed as 2.5", but doesn't require any cables, less power draw.
m.2 NVME drives - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6HVV7W - Significantly faster than SATA for sequential read (10+ second load times), more expensive.
Gold: 1,977,673.69
Apr 20 2018 04:21am
l already have 2 ssds, my old hard drive died tho which caused me to have a lack of space for the past year

l will have to check out the differences between asrock and gigabyte when it comes out in 1 week

besides that it looks pretty good https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/w63PnH

Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 20 2018 04:50am
Quote (zell1luk @ Apr 20 2018 05:45am)
Liquid cooling is unnecessary on any mainstream level processor, and quite frankly a dual tower air cooler will perform just as good as a 240 aio for less.
That motherboard offers nothing more than the one I linked outside of RGB LED and a post code light.
Implying Seagate is any worse than WD - lol
The only advantage Corsair Dominator ram has is better quad channel compatibility, WHICH DOESN'T EXIST ON THIS CHIPSET!!!

@OP, if you wanted to look into a SSD
2.5" SATA drives - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/82qtpG
m.2 SATA drives - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xmVV7W - Same speed as 2.5", but doesn't require any cables, less power draw.
m.2 NVME drives - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6HVV7W - Significantly faster than SATA for sequential read (10+ second load times), more expensive.

Such a fantasy world you live in. WD beats seagate in every way, from benchmarks to warranty. The AIO cooler will annihilate the air cooler at load temps, and no one makes RAM as good as the Corsair Dominator Platinum, which has nothing to do with dual or quad channel.
You do remember that we were helping you build YOUR rig, like 4 months ago right?

Just remeber that someone you are....helping, may someday want benchmarks. ^^
Gold: 84.10
Apr 20 2018 05:51am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 20 2018 05:50am)
Such a fantasy world you live in. WD beats seagate in every way, from benchmarks to warranty. The AIO cooler will annihilate the air cooler at load temps, and no one makes RAM as good as the Corsair Dominator Platinum, which has nothing to do with dual or quad channel.
You do remember that we were helping you build YOUR rig, like 4 months ago right?

Just remeber that someone you are....helping, may someday want benchmarks. ^^

Warranty how?
Aio I'll take any day now over bulky Air cooler but temps aren't annihilating d15 barely loses to a couple on load
Corsair really makes the ram or are they just licensing? Lol but they do have hell of customer support if something was to go wrong

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Apr 20 2018 05:52am
Gold: 18,352.00
Apr 20 2018 07:29am
The AOI vs air cooler I'm not going to touch as I don't think theres much difference between the two but I'm not 100% on that.
I will say that I'd personally opt for the AIO only cause I hate installing bulky coolers, In fact I HATE the evo 212. But the trade off
when a AIO fails is its a bitch to deal with and air coolers don't fail, you just pop off the 120mm fan and slide on a new one easily,
theres no need for a whole new cooler or RMA process.

Western digital blacks do have a 5 year warranty vs the 2 over the seagate but it should be noted your black has the same failure rate
in the beginning due to the bath tub curb. Thats when most drives generally fail and its within the first year or two, after that
most drives tend to hold on for the 5+ year mark. HGST drives are the only ones I'd argue truly last longer but the price is too
much for the regular consumer. I'd only opt for black if you care about the data and at that point 2 seagates in raid 1 is better period.
Lastly it should be noted when drives are tested for failure rates they are run in extreme unrealistic conditions for the average user.

People care about real life results. I'm not paying 50$ cause something nets me 50 virtual points with zero real gains in a benchmark.
If you want the absolute best then your build still lacks it ghot,, wheres the custom loops? Wheres the thread ripper class cpu cause yolo right?

zell1luk covered the ram just fine.
@op if you did want an SSD theres alternative options to ones he listed as well but I only looked at the builds presented mid way through
I did not care to read whole thread. But the gains are nominal and you won't notice it irl tbh.

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Apr 20 2018 07:31am
Gold: 90.58
Apr 20 2018 08:27am
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Apr 20 2018 03:51am)
Warranty how?
Aio I'll take any day now over bulky Air cooler but temps aren't annihilating d15 barely loses to a couple on load
Corsair really makes the ram or are they just licensing? Lol but they do have hell of customer support if something was to go wrong

AOIs still have a small % of a leak, not worth it since air coolers can achieve nearly the same temps (yes, some AOIs give lower temps, but those are the more expensive ones). Air coolers are also cheaper.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Apr 20 2018 08:28am
Gold: 84.10
Apr 20 2018 09:43am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Apr 20 2018 09:27am)
AOIs still have a small % of a leak, not worth it since air coolers can achieve nearly the same temps (yes, some AOIs give lower temps, but those are the more expensive ones). Air coolers are also cheaper.

show me air cooler that performs as good as h100 and then tell me the price fyi I can get h100 for 75-100

ofc it has chance of leaking but you are covered with warranty

aesthetics. and those huge air coolers that compete with aios will block memory slots and force you to buy low profile memory its simple trade off

fyi small percentage lol
small percentage you can can get doa parts too :rolleyes:

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Apr 20 2018 09:45am
Apr 20 2018 11:02am
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Apr 20 2018 10:43am)
show me air cooler that performs as good as h100 and then tell me the price fyi I can get h100 for 75-100

ofc it has chance of leaking but you are covered with warranty

aesthetics. and those huge air coolers that compete with aios will block memory slots and force you to buy low profile memory its simple trade off

fyi small percentage lol
small percentage you can can get doa parts too :rolleyes:

Any dual tower air cooler can compete pretty well with a 240 aoi, and ones like the D15 or DRP3 are usually offset a bit to compensate for ram clearance.
As for which to buy, it's really all personal preference. I just think that a giant air cooler looks sexy, and no risk of liquid leaking (even tho it is incredibly small) is a giant headache avoided if it does happen.

@Ghot. I've been building PC's for the better part of a decade, but hadn't kept up with stuff since I moved away for college a few years ago, I just wanted the easy route get back into where the bang for the buck is. And that was closer to a year ago, considering I've built 3 pc's myself since last August.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll