d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Need A Moderators Help On D2 Name Selling Policy
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Apr 18 2018 10:13am
please take a look here: ( is my topic )

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78531934&f=168&o=0#p530221983

like i said there in a post: people had been selling names for D2 for years, even now on the european forums there is literally 1 reserved name trading topic bumped every 3-5 hours
what is illegal about name reservation and selling?
when did they change the rules and why

i need an admin or mod to tell me

thank you for your time!

This post was edited by SpectraWaves on Apr 18 2018 10:16am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 18 2018 10:19am
Everything that gives somebody else access to your Diablo II account is not allowed.
So you can not sell charnames the normal way as it used to be allowed, because the buyer would get access to your account.

This has been changed because Blizzard changed their policy, they are banning if different people log in from differnet places on one account.
So we changed the rule for your security.

However, you can trade charnames on your own risk, the only way it is allowed is like this:

User A put character name for sale, User B buys it. User A need to delete the character with that name so User B can create a new one with the same name.
Keep in mind that those kind of trades are at your own risk

This post was edited by Herolinda on Apr 18 2018 10:20am
Gold: Locked
Apr 18 2018 10:22am
Quote (Herolinda @ Apr 18 2018 07:19pm)
Everything that gives somebody else access to your Diablo II account is not allowed.
So you can not sell charnames the normal way as it used to be allowed, because the buyer would get access to your account.

This has been changed because Blizzard changed their policy, they are banning if different people log in from differnet places on one account.
So we changed the rule for your security.

However, you can trade charnames on your own risk, the only way it is allowed is like this:

User A put character name for sale, User B buys it. User A need to delete the character with that name so User B can create a new one with the same name.
Keep in mind that those kind of trades are at your own risk

i did 1 such trade last year.. but i used fraps to record the whole process, just in case the buyer was tempted to scam me
Thanks for your fast reply! :)

Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 18 2018 10:25am
Quote (SpectraWaves @ 18 Apr 2018 18:22)
i did 1 such trade last year.. but i used fraps to record the whole process, just in case the buyer was tempted to scam me
Thanks for your fast reply! :)

I think Blizzard changed their policy before the last ladder reset.

Also keep in mind that the usual Level Services are no longer allowed, the only way to provide a level service is to let the other trader follow you.
So you do not access his account, you just rush him + do Baal/Cs runs and he follows you :)

Have a nice day, feel free to message me if you should have any questions
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic