d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Watchmen Hbo > Tv Show
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 17 2018 01:31pm
yea, and HBO even passed on Breaking Bad. That could have been good in their hands.

They would have been able to show nudity in Jane's final scene where she choked to death on her vomit. Would have been soooo hot. shame.
Gold: 23.00
Apr 17 2018 03:23pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 17 2018 03:31pm)
yea, and HBO even passed on Breaking Bad. That could have been good in their hands.

They would have been able to show nudity in Jane's final scene where she choked to death on her vomit. Would have been soooo hot. shame.

It's amazing how much the word fuck can change a scene. It also helps make shows feel more realistic. People swear a lot irl.

Look at that walking dead scene where Rick says "fucking" in the unrated version versus "screwing" in the one aired on TV. It is ridiculous how much that changes the feel and impact of that line. Another good example is the few times they say fuck in Breaking Bad. All of them are some of the best scenes in the entire series. Having that freedom to add in whatever the fuck you want helps tremendously and I guarantee any show runner would agree that HBO is hands down the best in the business by far.

Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 18 2018 12:26pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 17 2018 11:31am)

:rofl:

You're a sick fuck, but I like it.

Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 17 2018 01:23pm)
It's amazing how much the word fuck can change a scene. It also helps make shows feel more realistic. People swear a lot irl.

Look at that walking dead scene where Rick says "fucking" in the unrated version versus "screwing" in the one aired on TV. It is ridiculous how much that changes the feel and impact of that line. Another good example is the few times they say fuck in Breaking Bad. All of them are some of the best scenes in the entire series. Having that freedom to add in whatever the fuck you want helps tremendously and I guarantee any show runner would agree that HBO is hands down the best in the business by far.

This is why John Oliver is better than the Daily Show ever was. HBO gives their writers/hosts/actors almost total freedom to say and do whatever the fuck they want, and because of that, we the audience are blessed with absolutely fucking brilliant episodes.
Gold: 0.80
Apr 18 2018 12:39pm
Gotta be careful to not ignore the fact that much of the success HBO shows have comes from the writers/creators/executives/cast of the respective shows.

Not just because the show is HBO. HBO isn't some magic entity that just automatically makes things fucking goat. They have a fucking sick track record for selecting and backing certain shows and are incredibly supportive of creative freedom.

Great partnership between the showrunners and the TV network. Simple formula you'd think
Gold: 0.50
Apr 18 2018 01:47pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 17 2018 11:26am)
What makes NO sense to me, is how no one has even gotten fucking close though. They're on an entirely different level, and it's honestly just embarrassing for the other players. There have been a handful of okayish shows on other premium channels (American Gods is giving me hope, that might finally be the first one that matches with HBO), but most of them have fell off hard after a season or two. Sneaky Pete seemed to have A LOT of potential and the first season and almost the entire second season was pretty fucking great, but then the ending to the second season ruined the entire season, and I honestly don't even know if I'll watch a third season if/when it gets renewed. It should since it did just as good critically and viewer wise as the first one did. Ash v Evil Dead is okay for a gimmick kind of show. I know people put a lot of stock into Netflix, but they're just barely above network tv imo. They had a couple of shows that seemed great, but just like network shows, they REFUSE to fucking end them, and it just ends up completely ruining it. House of Cards should have ended at season 4, instead they gave us 3 horribly mediocre/boring seasons, and now they're trying to continue without the main fucking character... come on? All the Marvel stuff is meh at best (DD S1/Punisher) and horrible at worst (Luke Cage). They did the same thing with Narcos, and I've been really enjoying Stranger Things, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do the same fucking thing and end up ruining it by trying to squeeze it for longer than they should. Network television has had a few hits, but even the best of the best still falls short of even the lower tier HBO shows.

HBO is the fucking GOAT and they probably always will be. We're losing GoT next year, but GoT is honestly the show I'm least excited for out of their upcoming lineup lol. Westworld is just fucking :drool: , a Watchmen show by HBO is going to be fucking stupidly good, I don't care what the doubters out there think, Silicon Valley is one of the best comedies ever made, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is like the daily show in it's prime, but even fucking better (higher budget +more free range to say wtf they want) and since Dark Tower bombed so hard in theaters, they're just abandoning that plot entirely and going back to the books and making a TV show that goes through the whole dark tower series, and for those who haven't read those books, they're FUCKING AMAZING! My son is named after the main character lol. Dark Tower, Watchmen, Westworld, Silicon Valley, John Oliver and those are just what's CURRENTLY airing, this doesn't even take into consideration all the fucking epic previous or upcoming shows they have in store. I love you soooooo much HBO.

Are they making a 3rd season of True Detective or The Night of?

One of the biggest reasons i love hbo shows is because they typucally end at the right time. Hbo rarely lets a series drag out forever. I thought The Wire was one of the best endings on a television series.

This post was edited by xmarksdaspot2124 on Apr 18 2018 01:50pm
Gold: 250.00
Apr 18 2018 01:55pm
Ya, a third season is coming next year.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 5,568.00
Trader: Trusted
May 11 2019 03:29am
bump on request
May 11 2019 10:54am
Gold: 0.00
May 11 2019 11:37am
Loved LOST until the last episode. It was the first series I ever watched. Pumped for this.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll